“Excellent Choice for Lebanon - Hanover”

Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We were very favorably impressed by this Fairfield Inn. Visiting relatives in Hanover, NH, this hotel was convenient and very comfortable. The staff was cordial and accommodating, and the room was very well designed - - a kind of mini-suite. Very cost effective rate also. We have stayed here before and will definitely return. Easy access to both I-91 and I-89 and a quick trip to Lebanon for dining. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank frederickstarbow

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed 3 nights for a family wedding. Very clean hotel with big rooms with easy access to rt 89. I would highly recommended it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jack_b1
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We've stayed at the Fairfield Inn in WRJ several times and it's always great. I rarely review, but check in is super fast, rooms are extremely comfortable, even with 3 children, breakfast is timely and the hotel is very clean. It's an oasis for our summer time travels, and cheaper and much better than certain hotels closer to Woodstock. Worth the extra 10 minute drive.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Foxhunt
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We stayed here for the night as we were passing through the area. It is conveniently right off the highway and easy to find. We thought the room was wonderful—big, nicely decorated, comfortable beds. We had no issues with the air conditioning, but we keep our house at 77, so anything less was cool for us. The breakfast area was very nice, and the food was fine, but they didn’t have any eggs of any kind, which was a disappointment. Other than that, we would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Hot in Vermont!! The room will not cool past 73 degrees because the room temperature is set by the hotel. Why oh why are hotels doing this? If they are going to do it they need to at least let it get cooler than 73 degrees. This is wrong on so many levels. Won't stay again because of this. I pay a lot of money for a hotel room and would like room a decent temperature of my own choosing.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Novakat93
MLSmyth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2011

Dear Novakat93,

A call to our Front Desk would have solved your problem in an instant! I am so sorry to hear that your room temperature was not to your liking. Please remember that our Front Desk is at your disposal not only for your check in but also as a resource throught out your stay.

We would never presume to guess what temperature our guests prefer. There is no lower preset on these devices and they can be easily set to make your room a comfortable temperature.

I hope you will consider staying with us again!

Mary Lee Smyth Director of Sales.

Reviewed July 1, 2011

I had to stay in the area for 2 nights for business and chose this Marriott branded hotel. The staff were so friendly from the beginning - I enjoyed every interaction I had with them, and they went above and beyond each time.

Hotel is situated right off the highway, but you do not hear road noise. Rooms are spacious, beds comfortable, and bathrooms clean. Shower toiletries are minimal (shampoo, conditioner, bar of soap and lotion), but decent quality. Towels, although thin, are large, new(er) and bright white. Suited me just fine. Room offered Ipod player, which was nice.

The free continental breakfast is a great treat. Do-it-yourself fresh waffles, oatmeal, bagels, english muffins, pastries, bacon/sausage egg & biscuit sandwiches, quiches, yogurt, fruit cups, fresh fruit, coffee/tea, milk/juice (apple & orange). I could eat here every day for breakfast and never get tired.

Hotel offers 2 computers for your use, along with printers to print your boarding passes, etc.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and will consider this place again if and when I visit the area. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank firebirdgirl
MLSmyth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Dear Firebirdgirl,

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am delighted to hear how great your stay with us was. Yes we are very lucky to have such a fantastic group of people here. Together our front desk has over 44 years of experience in Hospitality and all that experience shows in their ability to serve each guest In addition we actually like each other and we all love our jobs. Makes for a great combination.

I agree about the breakfast here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. My favorite is the cinnamon apple coffee cakes and hot cup of coffee.

Please come visit us again and happy travels until then!
Mary Lee Smyth, Director of Sales.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

Took 3 rooms for them to get it right!!!......checked in to 1st room A/C would not come on, 2nd room A/C would come on but would not cool....3rd room, clerk asked that we pay to up grade to a room with higher rate!! Should have gone to Hampton next door as they would have NEVER asked us to do that. Next morning toilet would not flush and almost over flowed. After all of this I Finally spoke to manager who took 25% off room rate. Still feel I should have gone to Hampton next door. Poor Customer Service, this is now way the way to treat a Marriot rewards member

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cajunitalian76
MLSmyth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2011

Dear "cajunitalian76",
Thank you for your candor. YOU ARE RIGHT! This is NOT the way we want our guests to feel after they stay with us.
I am so sorry you had these problems. Please contact me directly and I will refund all of your stay. I sincerly apologize on behalf of hotel and hope you will give us another try. Thank you for your honesty and candor. It is through this process that we will grow and improve as a hotel. Yours most sincerely, Mary Lee Smyth, Director of Sales, Fairfield Inn and Suites. Direct Phone: 802.359.6801 or email Marylee@FairfieldWhiteRiver.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#4 of 7 in Lebanon

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction? Share your experiences!