“Very Nice Place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction
boston
“Very Nice Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed 3 nights for a family wedding. Very clean hotel with big rooms with easy access to rt 89. I would highly recommended it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jack_b1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Concord, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

We've stayed at the Fairfield Inn in WRJ several times and it's always great. I rarely review, but check in is super fast, rooms are extremely comfortable, even with 3 children, breakfast is timely and the hotel is very clean. It's an oasis for our summer time travels, and cheaper and much better than certain hotels closer to Woodstock. Worth the extra 10 minute drive.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Foxhunt
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

We stayed here for the night as we were passing through the area. It is conveniently right off the highway and easy to find. We thought the room was wonderful—big, nicely decorated, comfortable beds. We had no issues with the air conditioning, but we keep our house at 77, so anything less was cool for us. The breakfast area was very nice, and the food was fine, but they didn’t have any eggs of any kind, which was a disappointment. Other than that, we would definitely stay again.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

Hot in Vermont!! The room will not cool past 73 degrees because the room temperature is set by the hotel. Why oh why are hotels doing this? If they are going to do it they need to at least let it get cooler than 73 degrees. This is wrong on so many levels. Won't stay again because of this. I pay a lot of money for a hotel room and would like room a decent temperature of my own choosing.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Novakat93
MLSmyth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
Dear Novakat93,

A call to our Front Desk would have solved your problem in an instant! I am so sorry to hear that your room temperature was not to your liking. Please remember that our Front Desk is at your disposal not only for your check in but also as a resource throught out your stay.

We would never presume to guess what temperature our guests prefer. There is no lower preset on these devices and they can be easily set to make your room a comfortable temperature.

I hope you will consider staying with us again!

Mary Lee Smyth Director of Sales.
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

I had to stay in the area for 2 nights for business and chose this Marriott branded hotel. The staff were so friendly from the beginning - I enjoyed every interaction I had with them, and they went above and beyond each time.

Hotel is situated right off the highway, but you do not hear road noise. Rooms are spacious, beds comfortable, and bathrooms clean. Shower toiletries are minimal (shampoo, conditioner, bar of soap and lotion), but decent quality. Towels, although thin, are large, new(er) and bright white. Suited me just fine. Room offered Ipod player, which was nice.

The free continental breakfast is a great treat. Do-it-yourself fresh waffles, oatmeal, bagels, english muffins, pastries, bacon/sausage egg & biscuit sandwiches, quiches, yogurt, fruit cups, fresh fruit, coffee/tea, milk/juice (apple & orange). I could eat here every day for breakfast and never get tired.

Hotel offers 2 computers for your use, along with printers to print your boarding passes, etc.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and will consider this place again if and when I visit the area. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank firebirdgirl
MLSmyth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Dear Firebirdgirl,

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am delighted to hear how great your stay with us was. Yes we are very lucky to have such a fantastic group of people here. Together our front desk has over 44 years of experience in Hospitality and all that experience shows in their ability to serve each guest In addition we actually like each other and we all love our jobs. Makes for a great combination.

I agree about the breakfast here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. My favorite is the cinnamon apple coffee cakes and hot cup of coffee.

Please come visit us again and happy travels until then!
Mary Lee Smyth, Director of Sales.
Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

Took 3 rooms for them to get it right!!!......checked in to 1st room A/C would not come on, 2nd room A/C would come on but would not cool....3rd room, clerk asked that we pay to up grade to a room with higher rate!! Should have gone to Hampton next door as they would have NEVER asked us to do that. Next morning toilet would not flush and almost over flowed. After all of this I Finally spoke to manager who took 25% off room rate. Still feel I should have gone to Hampton next door. Poor Customer Service, this is now way the way to treat a Marriot rewards member

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank cajunitalian76
MLSmyth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Dear "cajunitalian76",
Thank you for your candor. YOU ARE RIGHT! This is NOT the way we want our guests to feel after they stay with us.
I am so sorry you had these problems. Please contact me directly and I will refund all of your stay. I sincerly apologize on behalf of hotel and hope you will give us another try. Thank you for your honesty and candor. It is through this process that we will grow and improve as a hotel. Yours most sincerely, Mary Lee Smyth, Director of Sales, Fairfield Inn and Suites. Direct Phone: 802.359.6801 or email Marylee@FairfieldWhiteRiver.com
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

Check in was smooth, but desk worker was not particularily friendly. Room was adequate but missing a hairdryer and sheet for pullout bed. Towels were thin and rough expecting a little more plush for the price. The beds and linens were comfortable and had a nice quiet sleep. Breakfast was basic, but sufficient. The work out room had good equipment, but no towels, out of cups and nothing to clean off the machines. Mostly a good place need to get the details better organized.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank PlanetR
MLSmyth, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Good morning PlanetR,

Thanks again for staying with us. I'm glad to hear that overall your stay was pleasant and I am glad you had a good nights rest. Despite our hotel being centrally located, White River Junction is still a quiet town after 9pm. (When I was a kid we used to joke that "they rolled up the sidewalks after 9pm..)

I am happy to know that we are on the right track with our service! Please stay with us again and I think you will see your suggestions implemented! Again many thanks for your business.

All my best,
Mary Lee Smyth, Director of Sales 802.291.9911
Also consider these accommodations in or near White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
#3 of 7 in Lebanon
Hotel Coolidge
Hotel Coolidge
#4 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction? Share your experiences!