“Gave this Hampton a 2nd chance”

Hampton Inn White River Junction
Reviewed May 25, 2008

I saw the Hotel was on a renovation which I know was needed from my last stay, I called before I made the reservation and the desk clerk said it was but the hotel was still able to take reservations and the would reserve a room which was already and renovated and would not have to walk through a construction zone.
This didn't happen.
The project manager for this project did not have keeping the guests seperated for the renovations as one of their main objectives and if htis was their decision, then they shold have closed the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Hortkie

Reviewed October 31, 2007

When we checked in to this hotel, we asked if there was a computer room, as other Hampton Inn's we had stayed in had this feature. The girl at the counter told us that the newer Choice hotel was owned by the same person and we could go over there to use the computer. I wish we had booked our reservations there or the newer Holiday Inn Express on the other side of our hotel.

We entered the room and immediately smelled mold. We looked in the bathroom and the shower tub, grout around the tub, tiles and even the ceiling of the shower had mold growing on it. The girl at the desk was able to send us to another non-smoking room.

When we entered that room, it reeked of smoked, someone had used the bed but it hadn't been remade and when we tried to call the desk for another room, the phone wouldn't work. The air would not work on high to air out the room, either. The girl at the desk got us another room. She apologized and said the hotel needed remodeling but it was put off due to the owner constructing new hotels in the area.

Our third room was fine, but it wasn't as nice as some other Hampton Inns we had stayed in. We paid $149 plus over 13% taxes for one of our most expensive Hampton Inn stays in New England and it wasn't very roomy, nor did it have any special ammenities. It was just okay.

When we went out for dinner, using a list provided at the front desk, we found that it was difficult to find anything. This hotel sits near I-91 and I-89 and the exchanges were difficult to navigate in the dark.

Stayed: October 2007
3  Thank sweetman47
Reviewed October 8, 2007

Stayed here after driving down from Rockland Maine so this Hampton was a little disapointing since I had a great stay there. But it was a ok hotel but no fridge in the room which is important to me and this is the first Hampton I have ever been in without one. Other than it being a little old it was okay.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2007

We chose the Hampton Inn because we thought that it would be nicer than the cheaper Confort Suite which was located just beside. Plus, the Hampton Inn had a pool, which was convenient to us since we are travelling with our two young children.

The Hampton Inn was OK, but not designed for families. Furthermore, the Hampton Inn is older than the nearby Confort Suite and some rooms are Smoking Rooms, so it smells a little.

The room did not have a refrigerator, which is kind of unusual these days and the clock in our room was not lit at night, so I couldn't see what time it was. The room was small, even tought we took a King Size Bedroom with a desk, which appears to be one of the biggest room they have.

The breakfast was all right.

For my return trip, I slept at the Confort Suite located just besides the Hampton Inn and I it was much better. If you are travelling with children, the Hampton Inn is not your best choice.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2006

My husband and I stopped here on our way home from CT to VT because we were too tired to complete an hour and a half more of driving.
It was the holiday (December 30) weekend so the price was not a bargain but probably fair considering the date--when prices are jacked up! We got the AAA discount.
The man at the desk was friendly. We asked to be away from a noisy group that was in the lobby area and we were put in a room on the third floor and it was very quiet!

The room was large and the beds had extra pillows--a big plus! The bed was a little soft for our liking but that is a personal preferance. The bathroom was average but you can go to the front desk if you have forgotten toiletries and they will give them to you. I took advantage of this for a toothbrush (my husband didn't have his) and toothpaste. The shower head had adjustable sprays.

Continnental breakfast was included and it was as good as or better than most. There were cereals, yogurt, fruit, bagels, muffins, bread for toasting, english muffins and hot items of the day. There were two choices for juice and at least three for coffee. The breakfast area was clean.

I would probably stay here again but there are other choices in the immediate vicinity.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mailbroad
Reviewed December 26, 2006

May wife and I were at the Hampton Inn for a three night stay over the Christmas weekend to see my brother-in-law perform in Cats the Briggs Opera House in White River Junction. The hotel is located about a mile and a half outside of town, which based on our visit to White River Junction is a good choice. Nearby Quechee and Woodstock are much more scenic and worth a visit.

As far as the hotel, we stayed a regular king non-smoking room, which was nicely-sized and immaculately clean. Besides the pillow-top bed which was quite comfortable, the room included a chair with ottoman and a work desk, and free wireless internet. The free breakfast included bagels, english muffins, oatmeal and as well as rotated hot foot selections, like scrambled eggs, egg patties for sandwiches, ham and french toasts sticks. We did not use the indoor pool, but there were people in it and it looked clean. Overall, we would not hesitate to stay here again if we were to return to the area.

• Stayed: December 2006
4  Thank esqknight
Reviewed September 8, 2006

We stayed for 2 nights in July. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful and thought the hotel was clean. We thought the breakfast in the morning was wonderful too. The hotel is in a great location, close to the highways and Quechee.

Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank JillHodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
0 mi away
Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White Riv...
#4 of 8 in White River Junction
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon

Been to Hampton Inn White River Junction? Share your experiences!