“An absolutely flawless stay”

Hampton Inn White River Junction
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Our recent trip to Dartmouth was enhanced by our stay at the White River Junction Hampton Inn. The rooms were pristine, the staff more than congenial and the breakfast, fresh and replenished repeatedly. This will be the ONLY hotel we will book when in New Hampshire or Vermont. A+++++

Room Tip: Make certain to use your AAA or AARP cards for additional discounts.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn White River Junction

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were looking for a place to stay in Hanover but there were only a couple hotels that were well over $200. So we searched White Junction and were pleased to find this Hampton. The staff was very friendly and helpful with everything. The front desk gave me an extra set of sheets for the sofa bed since I wanted to be sure the sheets were clean, and its hard to tell with sofa beds. The weather turned bad with a late spring snow and sleet storm and they told us about a traffic accident and warned about the icy roads. I even overheard the front desk manager going out of her way to make it up to another guest who had had several probelms being woken up by the staff when he had a late check out. We asked for a refrigerator and they brought us one. Conveniently located near Quechee Gorge, Woodstock, Hanover.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank flypenguin
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The hotel was a typical Hampton Inn. Serviceable breakfast with the usual waffle maker, juice machine, coffee urns, bagels, muffins, etc. Plenty of parking right around the hotel.

The staff was great. Front desk, breakfast staff, cleaning staff and the maintenance guy at the pool were all really nice and customer-friendly.

The rooms were standard. They were clean and quiet with no problems.

If I need to be in the area, I would stay here again as long as I could get a good price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We were very pleased with the Hampton Inn. The bed was very comfortable. High marks for the lighting and the sitting area in the room which make it very comfortable to sit and do hand work or use the computer. The breakfast was very good- fresh fruit, a crockpot of oatmeal in addition to the usual waffles, sausages and cereal.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
MrsMLSmyth, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn White River Junction, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Kathryn S
Thank you for your encouraging words! I have stayed at this and other Hampton Inns and I tell everyone how wonderful the beds are! Some of our guests like the Hampton beds so well that they have bought the mattress and box spring for their home.
I agree that good lighting is so important! I am a knitter and good lighting is a must for my favorite patterns. The Hampton Inn White River has a great system of lighting in each room. Specific bright task oriented lamps are located at the bedside and at the desk and chair but softer ambient lighting is also available in each room. The guest can control how bright or soft they wish their room to be.
Barbara, Penny and Sandy are our breakfast hosts. They plan and deliver all the wonderful breakfast menus at our hotel. (Plus they bake our hotel famous cookies every day). I have passed your kind words on to them and they are all very gratified and pleased with your experience.
Thank you once again Kathryn S! Please come back and visit us again soon, All my best, Mary Lee Smyth Director of Sales: Direct line 802 359 6801.

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

A typical Hampton Inn. This was the second one we stayed in during a long road trip.

Not a very restful sleep due to the noisy A/C unit in our room (and that's when it's off!). When the heating would start it would get even more noisy.

Big surprise after shower in the morning is the really dirty hair dryer (see photo) with hair and lint. Skip that.

Location is convenient to highway, but there isn't much around. Restaurants in the nearby towns seem to fall into either the ridiculously expensive category ($30+ per person for dinner if you avoid desert and wine and appetizers and...) or the bare bones type (must ask for utensils).

• Stayed: March 2013
MrsMLSmyth, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn White River Junction, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear hsm6second,

I am so sorry you did not have a good experience here at the Hampton Inn White River! I want you to know that this is NOT our standard and if you would please call my direct line I will refund 100% of your night's charges.

Hampton Inn has a 100% Satifaction Guarantee which meand just that-if you aren't satisfied we don't expect you to pay. We feel so strongly about this guarantee that we have it engraved at the front desk. All you need to do is tell the Front Desk about the problem and you will do the rest!

Please call my direct line 802 359 6801. I will refund your nights charges promptly. I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in Vermont.
Thank you for your frank and candid advice. We value and respect all our reviews.
Sincerely, Mary Lee Smyth Director of Sales, Hampton Inn White River,

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I often stay at this property while doing business in the Bethel/Royalton, VT area. It is ideally located to dining and shopping in Lebanon. Without exception, the front desk staff is friendly and helpful - I'm always greeted with a smile and a "Welcome back" as if they are TRULY happy to see me again. The breakfast is decent - a perfect way to start the day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LSR_Princess
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel over 10 years ago. Suprisingly, the lobby decor looked the same with a few updates. The front desk staff (a female) was very helpful with check-in, providing us directions to local places to eat. When I returned back to the front desk to obtain the complimentary bottle water that is part of the hilton loyalty program, she gave us a cookie and some mints.

The room seem to be a bit dated. The bed was not as comfortable as I expected. One of the reasons we choose Hampton is because of the clean linens. Although the comforter and sheets were clean, they were worn. The room did not have a microwave & mini fridse as I have grown a custom to at other Hampton properties. There was a problem with the toilet in our room. We would have to double flush which was a paind because we would have to wait for the tank to partially fill to flush it again. Housekeeping got an early and noisy start. I tried to snooze a bit before check out in preparation for the long trip home, but could not because house keeping kept allowing the doors to slam againg the metal door bolt (which they use to prop the door open). Finally we just decided to go. Maybe that was the plan.

Breakfast -There were plently of choices some health and some not. However, what most concerned me was the breakfast host did not use gloves when handling the food. She went from clearing plates and opening boxes, to touching the breads and pastries without washing her hands. This is how people get sick. Gloves should be worn when handling food and removed for other tasks. Of all the Hampton inns that I am familiar with this is the first time I have seen this.

This is a family friendly hotel and seem to host large groups. It is located just off the hwy and is minutes to W Hanover, NH where the shops and eateries are. There are other hotels within walking distance of this hampton inn.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from elevator because the hall noise seems to carry.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 8 in White River Junction
White River Inn and Suites
White River Inn and Suites
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White Riv...
#4 of 8 in White River Junction
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#4 of 7 in Lebanon
Element Hanover-Lebanon

Been to Hampton Inn White River Junction? Share your experiences!