“Nice, time after time”

Hampton Inn White River Junction
blacksburg, va
“Nice, time after time”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

A very nice Hampton Inn. We have stayed there at least once a year for the past three years, as our daughter is in a nearby college. The staff have always been courtious and helpful, the breakfasts good. They must being doing something right because we could not get a non-smoking room for our trip this spring!
Oh well, it is nice with a great group of people staying there and a wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a floor other than the floor that has smoking rooms, as the smoke drifts down the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Freeport, Maine
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had been staying at this Hampton Inn off and on for a number of years and I am afraid that it has now lost my allegiance. I chalked up the noisiness and less than clean hallways as time of year, weekends, etc. I also discounted the sign on the bed that said, in essence, the sheets and duvets have been cleaned just for you. Hmmm.... But the last time I stayed the accessible room was not available and the room I stayed in for several days was dingy, but the worst part was the incredibly loud guests started pounding on my door, yelling, and just being obnoxious. I called the desk and someone must have come down because it was quieter for about an hour but then they started up again pounding on my door and telling me to let them in. The internet was okay but the channel lineup list obviously hadn't been checked in months because the same channels that didn't exist in October still didn't exist in January but the list hadn't been changed. And one of the missing channels was PBS...but all the sports channels were there. Too bad I like PBS.

I will say that the staff is very nice and responsive and if I could I would not rate this poor but I would hope it isn't average. I think it has a lot going for it as I think the Hampton brand is pretty good for what it is, and is generally quite good if you have a disability (think low beds), but I have gone elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed January 13, 2013

A business trip brought me to this hotel tucked away in a sea of similar hotels. I like Hampton Inns in general and this one didn't disappoint; friendly staff, free internet and hot breakfast in the morning. Thin one's a keeper:)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WHITE RIVER JUNCTION
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I chose the Hamptom Inn in White River Jct., VT to get away from my busy, busy house! I just needed a break from the hustle and bustle we call life! LOL! The hotel is gorgeous, clean and the staff very accomadating... And the best part is the bed and the duvet cover!

• Stayed July 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed one night 30th Dec 2012, the lady who checked us in on that night was very friendly. Very helpful, when asked if they had milk for my toddler, got up without question and brought out the right amount for a toddler! Clean, nice spacious rooms. We had connecting rooms.
Only thing is that in White River Junction, restaurants nearby are closed Sun and Mon for dinner. Loved the spacious dining area with sofa / TV, nice area for my young children to hang out when the area was empty.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Queensbury, NY
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Hotel was clean, staff was friendly - overall a great stay. Had a small problem with the room and the situation was taken care of immediately. Kids had a great time in the pool, we enjoyed the coffee, tea, hot chocolate and cookies that were in the lobby in the evening. Breakfast area was clean, attendent was lovely and she constantly restocked items as necessary.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Washington
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The warm pool was a treat after being out in the cold weather.

The breakfast was really good, and the staff was helpful. We liked the cookies, and the hot chocolate which was available all day.

Our room was really clean, but we would have preferred to have had bigger beds. Full-sized beds don't cut it for tall people traveling with a family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Lebanon
Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White Riv...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
White River Inn and Suites
White River Inn and Suites
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 8 in White River Junction
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge

Been to Hampton Inn White River Junction? Share your experiences!