“"good local spot"”
Review of Crossroads Cafe

Crossroads Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/crossroad-cafe-white-river-junction
Lyme, New Hampshire
“"good local spot"”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have eaten at this cafe/restaurant since it was taken over by the current owner.
It is a typical local spot and the waitstaff is excellent. I usually eat there in the morning for breakfast and have the same thing every time I go.
Steel-cut Oatmeal with homemade wheat toast and coffee. The total cost with tax is $6.00, which is very reasonable. The breads are homemade (a little extra).
I usually ask for Julie or Elaine
I would have given an excellent rating except for the one waitress, Jessica, who spends most of her time talking about herself. I watched her talking to customers at a table and another couple came in and sat and waited ten minutes for her to get to them. When she takes orders she kneels in front of the customers (which I feel is very unprofessional).
Other than that, the food is good typical New England.
The desserts are to die for and I sometimes stop in just for dessert and coffee! The cakes are varied and portions are BIG!
Highly recommend this restaurant, even with the one caveat.

• Visited March 2013

Freeport, Maine
“Great breakfast place”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The homemade cinnamon bread wasn't great but the white bread was better. Eggs and hash were great. I honestly didn't expect great coffee but it was very good- strong but not bitter and flavorful. I also ordered fresh squeezed orange juice and expected okay juice but if they didn't squeeze this in the kitchen then they have a really good source for their juice cause it was great. Specially if you have the cold from heck.

Visited January 2013
White River Junction, Vermont
“Great place when we don't want to cook.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Reasonably priced, home cooked food. Large menu - breakfast, lunch, and dinner items available as well as daily specials.

• Visited January 2013
Wilder, Vermont
“Comfort Food and Locals favorite”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our grandchildren call this restaurant "The Diner", and the food is what you would expect at a diner. We primarily go here for breakfast which is always good. I would recommend you order the homemade bread for toast. It is wonderful. We are local and always meet people we know. A warm inviting place at the crossroads of I89 and I91 in White River Jct., Vermont. It is close to McDonalds.

Visited January 2013
Daly City
“Great Breakfast food!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Loved this place. We went for an early breakfast because I was told the homemade toast was excellent. I ordered the Hunter's Special #1 which came iwth 2 eggs, 1 sausage, 2 bacon, homefries, toast and pancakes all for $9.50. I couldn't finish it. It was served piping hot as were all the other dishes ordered and served with a smile. The place is very busy, so don't be in a rush. I would go again and again if I lived near it.

Visited November 2012