“Great place when we don't want to cook.”
Review of Crossroads Cafe

Crossroads Cafe
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/crossroad-cafe-white-river-junction
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Reasonably priced, home cooked food. Large menu - breakfast, lunch, and dinner items available as well as daily specials.

There are newer reviews for Crossroads Cafe

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our grandchildren call this restaurant "The Diner", and the food is what you would expect at a diner. We primarily go here for breakfast which is always good. I would recommend you order the homemade bread for toast. It is wonderful. We are local and always meet people we know. A warm inviting place at the crossroads of I89 and I91 in White River Jct., Vermont. It is close to McDonalds.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Loved this place. We went for an early breakfast because I was told the homemade toast was excellent. I ordered the Hunter's Special #1 which came iwth 2 eggs, 1 sausage, 2 bacon, homefries, toast and pancakes all for $9.50. I couldn't finish it. It was served piping hot as were all the other dishes ordered and served with a smile. The place is very busy, so don't be in a rush. I would go again and again if I lived near it.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Don't expect much atmosphere wise, however, I had a great hot turkey meal that tasted soo much like my mom's food. Yum!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

This morning I made the mistake of giving this place a second try. My bad. I got seated quite quickly (almost deserted) and then waited, and waited, and waited. The staff was too busy socializing in the kitchen to pay any attention to customers.

Finally, a waitress arrived and I ordered coffee and breakfast. Simple enough, just sausage gravy and biscuits, plus two over easy. Much later, the meal arrived, and I requested a re-fill of my coffee, which was long since empty. Took another 10 minutes to come. The eggs were browned and somewhat crunchy, the sausage gravy was luke warm and pretty tasteless. No one came back to check for about 20 minutes, by which time I was pretty much done.

By the time I was finished, I was once again waiting for coffee. I got that, and then waited another 10 minutes for the (pricy..but that's VT's fault) check.

All in all, poor food, abysmal service, and definitely not cheap. Tomorrow I go back to McD's across the street....better food and half the price.