“Great Selection and Great Price.”
Review of China Moon

China Moon
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I live in Massachusetts. My parents live in Montreal. We visit them a few times each year. Since having kids, the China Moon has been a lifesaver. It's a nice halfway point to take a rest and a great place for me to fill up on some MSG-laden delicacies. You can order the buffet or get it by the pound. Exactly what I want in a Chinese Buffet.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Food was average, prices were high for a buffet. $12/person.
I could have ate at a nice chain restaurant with quality food for the same price.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Living in the area, I eat at this buffet appx. every other month.
I agree with other writers, that it is nothing to write home about. The buffet is always the same, hardly ever changes, and I have been going there since it opened.
The value is great for the money, $11.99.
Would be nice to rotate dishes occasionally. I guess the American dishes are there to please the non Chinese foodies, or children.
I recommend it if you are in the mood for Chinese food.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Have eaten here quite a few times over the years and it remains consistently good. Dishes are changed or added too often and even the pre-prepared sushi is good. We were shopping in West Lebanon a few days ago and on the way home we wanted Chinese. The China Moon was as usual fairly crowded, but we found a booth along the front wall and ordered our usual hot tea. All the buffet dishes were tasty, but my favorite at this location is the squid salad in the back near the sushi. This is a cold dish and very simple consisting of just the squid, a few veggies and a slight sauce. Always tender (I say that recognizing that what is tender to one person is like rubber to someone else) and the most delicate flavor. The rest of the hot dishes were very good as well. As I say, consistenly good. Some have that bland buffet taste, but most are distinct, well seasoned and tasty. For dessert we like the small round donut and small dish of ice cream. I don't know the origin of the word "yum", but it fits here and sounds Chinese.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The China Moon was chosen for dinner because it was listed in our hotel's in room information folder and also located just across the parking lot. Odd setup, eat in one room but serve yourself in another. To our suprise, although the assortment of food is typical, we found this buffet to be the best tasting, when compared to all the other Chinese buffets we have dined at. Even the broiled fish, which I never liked buffet style, was good. Plenty of wait staff to pick up dishes, but do they have to be so close you can't help but notice them? $11 each for the meal, not bad.