“"typical Chinese buffet"”
Review of China Moon

China Moon
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Living in the area, I eat at this buffet appx. every other month.
I agree with other writers, that it is nothing to write home about. The buffet is always the same, hardly ever changes, and I have been going there since it opened.
The value is great for the money, $11.99.
Would be nice to rotate dishes occasionally. I guess the American dishes are there to please the non Chinese foodies, or children.
I recommend it if you are in the mood for Chinese food.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Have eaten here quite a few times over the years and it remains consistently good. Dishes are changed or added too often and even the pre-prepared sushi is good. We were shopping in West Lebanon a few days ago and on the way home we wanted Chinese. The China Moon was as usual fairly crowded, but we found a booth along the front wall and ordered our usual hot tea. All the buffet dishes were tasty, but my favorite at this location is the squid salad in the back near the sushi. This is a cold dish and very simple consisting of just the squid, a few veggies and a slight sauce. Always tender (I say that recognizing that what is tender to one person is like rubber to someone else) and the most delicate flavor. The rest of the hot dishes were very good as well. As I say, consistenly good. Some have that bland buffet taste, but most are distinct, well seasoned and tasty. For dessert we like the small round donut and small dish of ice cream. I don't know the origin of the word "yum", but it fits here and sounds Chinese.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The China Moon was chosen for dinner because it was listed in our hotel's in room information folder and also located just across the parking lot. Odd setup, eat in one room but serve yourself in another. To our suprise, although the assortment of food is typical, we found this buffet to be the best tasting, when compared to all the other Chinese buffets we have dined at. Even the broiled fish, which I never liked buffet style, was good. Plenty of wait staff to pick up dishes, but do they have to be so close you can't help but notice them? $11 each for the meal, not bad.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I travel quite frequently and after a full day of flying there were few choices for dinner in the immediate area by my hotel. Fast food just wasn't what I was looking for when I saw this place as I drove by. I parked and gave it a try. I was pleasantly surprised with the food at China Moon. I haven't been to any of the others as some of the reviews indicate there are. I just returned to the US from South East Asia (including China) 2 months ago so my bar for Chinese food is kind of high. While it's not like being on the other side of the world, it was a great find and I would come back if I'm in the area again.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

The service was excellent. But maybe I expect too much for a Chinese buffet out of a city. Pretty good selection but mostly tasteless. Though the homemade apple pie was excellent. Go in with no expections and you will be okay. But for $12 per person, the quantity cannot overcome the quality.