“Atmosphere creepy but staff good”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Rochester
“Atmosphere creepy but staff good”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Dated and worn furnishing, smelled of smoke, but if you need a quiet night with a good breakfast and have the discount coupon this place will work for you.
I enjoyed the staff and found them entertaining and helpful.

Room Tip: pick up the coupon book at the travel plazas
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
KDKS519, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! We value all feedback from our guests. I'm happy to tell you that starting this summer we are beginning major renovations and are very excited for our fresh new look! I hope you will come back to see us again. I'd also like to thank you for complimenting our staff! We hope you'll chose us on a future trip to WRJ!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Washington, North Carolina
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Talk about jacking up the rates! We stayed here for our son's graduation from Dartmouth and were charged double the rate for this particular event, even though they still had rooms available. The front office staff was rude when we checked in. The Hotel is run down and dirty. The carpet is filthy and we did not want to walk barefoot in our room. The first thing we noticed upon entering our room was the wet washcloth left from the pervious patrons hanging in the bathroom.
We tried the free breakfast twice and both times we were plenty early for the service but they had run out of both eggs and sausage, the main staple. Other vacationers were already asking them to make were more and were told it would take another half hour, so everyone sat waiting. Well, the food never came and they started packing everything up. It was like they were hoarding the food hoping we would go away. When we all demanded they make more, as we had paid and sat and waited, they were rude and brought out hard boiled eggs for us us all to eat. SERIOUSLY??? Save your money and buy a tent! They give every Comfort Inn a black eye. Warning,do not stay here. Leave your AARP card at home, no discounts here! If you are unfortunate enough to have to patronize this dive, be sure to request a room in the front of the hotel as there is a trucking business, that runs 24/7 in the back...keeping you awake all night! Lovely...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ilene c

Travelers are raving about these White River Junction hotels

White River Junction, Vermont
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Staff was very unwelcoming, bath room was dirty, beds need to be replaced and carpets were very dirty. Overall a very bad experience, but had no other choice due to Dartmouth graduation weekend. When we checked in the front desk person presented a I could care less attitude. She was more interested in leaving with her laundry basket in tow. The location and proximity to Dartmouth was the reason we stayed in the motel. My wife felt she needed to wear socks in the room due to the dirty carpets.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Fred1279
New Britain, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I liked this hotel. the desk staff was very friendly for check in and out. The room felt cozy, a little outdated but maybe thats Vermont charm. I was only here one night and didnt get to use the pool and slept in late and missed breakfast :( There isnt much in the area that i could tell, just a McDonalds a couple buildings down and at the time only the drive-thru was open. Otherwise, a quiet area and if i am in the area i would not have any objections to staying again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Alan C
Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed in room 422 for three nights with my dog and girlfriend.
Never heard another dog, person, or smelled smoke. The TV had around 45 channels. Internet was fast and easy to connect. Shower was clean and warm.
Room came with a refrigerator and microwave.

I only have two negative things to say about this hotel. First is the pool which it is very small, unheated, and with no hot tub. Second is the lack of a hot breakfast. The only warm breakfast you can get it a do it yourself waffle. The bagels and english muffins seemed fairly old.

Overall I would stay again for the price.

Room Tip: Suit rooms come with an extra living room area.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Yanosh457
New York
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Was getting tired of driving on I-91 North and needed a place to stay. The comfort inn was right off the highway and priced right. The room was clean and we easily picked up the free wifi signal. Room 311 didn't have a shower curtain which was weird but the king bed was comfortable. Surprisingly, we really liked the breakfast, the make your own waffles turned out really well and there was a good choice of items. The staff was very pleasant here too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gimper90
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I try to keep my expense budget low and I like to rack up my Comfort Inn points, so I reserved just one night here. Some Comfort Inn's have been renovated and are lovely, others haven't been - this is one that hasn't been renovated. It's small and has the aura of a trucker spot. That said, I had no problems. The rooms were clean, the service was fine. It was the cheapest hotel (at least among the major chains) in the area at the time I booked. I probably wouldn't stay there again if I had someone with me or if I was staying for more than one night, but it was perfectly serviceable.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ohmaykay
Also consider these accommodations in or near White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
White River Inn and Suites
White River Inn and Suites
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Lebanon
Fairfield Inn & Suites White River Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites White Riv...
#4 of 8 in White River Junction
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!