“Exactly what I was hoping for”
Review of Tuckerbox

Tuckerbox
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuckerbox is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I've been anxious to try out Tuckerbox now that they have a Turkish menu. It was by accident that I was there for lunch today. My friend and I shared appetizers accompanied by made to order Lavash bread. To continue our culinary delights, we shared both a chocolate and a maple apple baklava. I look forward to coming back for dinner, which has an expanded menu. I'm interested in trying the kabobs and the casseroles baked in earthenware. Also, coming back for Turkish coffee!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I honestly didn't know what to expect from Turkish food in WRJ but we called last minute for a reservation on a Saturday night and thought we'd give it a try? It's been a long time since a restaurant really surprised me and knocked my socks off but Tuckerbox did!

The restaurant was jumping when we got there and smelled amazing as soon as we walked in the door. The owner greeted us and apologized our table would be just a few minutes after I had called only 30 minutes before. We waited at the bar with a drink and every dish that went by us looked and smelled amazing as the waitstaff hustled around the "coffee house" styled space. We took it as a good omen that the tables that were finishing all had empty plates on them.

We started with a small "Mezze Platter" that had 4 spreads (haydari, hummus, babaganoush, Turkish salsa) and stuffed grape leaves which came with a huge steaming hot lavash bread. All of the spreads were amazing and the "salsa" had a great "kick" to it with some spicy heat.

We shared a Mixed Grill Kebab Platter for dinner which featured doner (thinly sliced roasted lamb & beef), chicken & lamb shish, chicken Adana, and grilled meatball. All the meats were delicious but the lamb was succulent and seasoned perfectly. It was served with grilled vegetables and a buttery/savory rice that was the perfect accompaniment.

We had absolutely no room for dessert but had to try it anyways and were happy we did... We ordered the Kunefe which was basically a sweet cheese (ricotta-ish) surrounded by shredded philo dough, baked fresh (our waitress warned it would be about 8-10 minutes but worth the wait) then covered in a light syrup and ground pistachio nuts... I can honestly say I've never had anything like it!

From start to finish the service, food and experience was perfect and I can't wait to go back for dinner or try them for lunch.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is the real deal. The owner is from Istanbul and know what he's doing! We had Babaganoush for an appetizer and adored it on the lavash bread. We had kabobs, swordfish and lamb and absolutely loved them. I grew up in Worcester, MA, where the El Morocco was famous for this food. They had nothing on this.

1  Thank nhjudy
Reviewed March 21, 2014

They have changed to a Turkish restaurant and they know what they're doing. I went with a friend who had recently spent several days in Turkey and she was very impressed. I loved my dish which was the Mezza plate with stuffed grape leaves, spicy Turkish salsa, babaganough, and hot lavash bread. My friends had the stuffed eggplant and a lamb dish. It was great and very convenient to Northern Stage to see a play afterwards.

1  Thank Jewelweed2011
Reviewed March 15, 2014

At last: A first-rate Mediterranean restaurant in the Upper Valley of NH/VT. Oh how we have missed decent hummus, babaganoush, Mediterranean salad -- until now. Imagine the daring that it took for a young couple to take over the Tuckerbox cafe/coffee/wifi hotspot and add a Turkish dinner-hour restaurant. Add genuine Turkish wines to the traditional cuisine and top it off with apple-maple baklava made with hand rolled filo dough and you have a SMASH. Prices are fair, service is great and the food is such a wonderful, welcome addition to the neighborhood. This is a best-bet if you are in the vicinity -- or make the drive. It's worth it.