“Wish we'd stayed elsewhere”

Super 8 White River Junction
Ottawa, Canada
“Wish we'd stayed elsewhere”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I want to say the Front Desk Staff were wonderful and the Continental Breakfast was decent.
The room was barely adequate and I would recommend it more for someone travelling who just wants to walk in and conk out!
No frills, no refrigerator, no chairs to sit outside in the evening.
I was overwhelmed by the strong stench of bug spray.. hence I tore the bed apart examinating for Bed Bugs and it came up clean. The mattress and sheets and bed spread were spotless. I couldn't get my head around the smell of spray.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sunshine4jo66

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Naples,
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We drove 4 hours with 4 kids and got there and the person at the front told me I dont think anyone is in the room but here's the key and if you get in there and there is let me know and we will move you......wth???? Isn't that there job to know or not if someone is in the room before giving it to another!!! Then we see people hanging around outside and drinking. There was cigarette butts and trash all through the walkways hallways and people smoking rite in the hallways. My kids and I where horrified! Then we walk to where our room was going to be and peoples doors were open and they were drinking and smoking and partying and when we walked passed on room there was a guy snorting something off a table! And my kids seen this! Not ok! Then the room had not working ac! I called the front they gave us a new room and still the same thing! No working ac and people just partying all over the place! The parking lot had people all over drinking and smoking! The rooms looked ok but the pics on web site look nothing like this hotel! Smelly crazy and un safe is how I felt with my kids! Then to top it off then we asked for our money back we where in the truck waiting and 2 state police pull in real fast and start going after some girl!!! My kids seen all of this!!!! Needless to say we got our money back and got out of there! So if your looking for a family hotel and something half way decent this is not the place for you! If your looking for a place to party and do drugs and you do t care what it looks like or the cleanliness and your surroundings or just the overall feeling of safety then this place is for you!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Seanandnicole1

Travelers are raving about these White River Junction hotels

Boston
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This hotel is more than adequate if you are using it as a place to sleep.

The beds were very comfortable. The room was clean. There was plenty of hot water, and everything was in working order.

The people at the front desk are super nice and helpful.

The price was right-less than $100/night, and even lower with a senior discount. The negatives for some people, though not for us- It is not new, is not a destination resort, and it does not have a pool.

Depending on what your needs are, this could be a very serviceable stop at very reasonable rates.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I stopped in White River while on a long bike ride. My goal was to pay as little possible and have decent accomodation. This Super 8 answered that. Price was much lower than the other hotels. Front desk was very polite and helpful. The room in itself is what I expected from other reviews. It an old hotel compared to the neighbors but everything was clean and I slept well in the bed.
Bottom line, if you are looking for a low price and do not care too much if the room is new or not, i would recommend this place for a 1 night stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
boston
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The check in was easy, and the desk staff very friendly and welcoming.
Hotel is located at a great location, close to both highways, so easily accessible to several tourist destinations such as Quechee Gorge and the National Park sites in NH and VT.
Rooms in the back were very quiet and parking is no issue.
Room was dimly lite and one lamp near the bed was broken, however room was clean and bedding appeared fairly new.
Breakfast offerings where better then most and was available in a separate room which again was clean and maintained.
For the rate, this location offers very good value.

Room Tip: Hotel is off the highway, so appears that all rooms would be quiet.