“Decent economical accommodations”

Super 8 White River Junction
Reviewed August 27, 2008

The clerk was accommodating, the room was clean, the bed was clean with crisp white linens, water pressure sufficient (don't laugh) and the environment was good. TV was a little snowy on some channels even though it was cable, and for some fault, theirs or mine, I couldn't get wifi in the room.

The doors open out to the sidewalk or a balcony on the second floor, with some noise of foot traffic to nearby rooms. We were there on a weeknight. Parking near the second floor access was not a problem. We didn't use the breakfast but it looked typical "continental".

The motel is easy to find. Almost all recommended dining on a helpful list provided by the front desk, is over the river in Lebanon NH, but only about 10 minutes.

We travel by car with our own pillows, and accidentally left them in the room on checkout. We returned about 2 hours later and they had begun to clean the room but the pillows were readily available.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 6, 2007

Just let me say that if you care enough about the quality of your hotel to bother checking this web site, you won't want to stay here. Very dirty inside and out. Empty beer bottles lined the sidewalks and sat on the tops of the air conditioning units. The staff were accommodating and even lowered my rate (not even at my request) but I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank Ronnie18
Reviewed February 16, 2007

Positives: The staff was very friendly and helpful. The price was right.

Negatives: My heat stopped working on a night with -17 below wind chills. I woke up shivering. The staff said they knew there had been a problem with the heater in that room but nobody had complained recently. I had to move to another room.

The TV reception was fuzzy in both rooms. They said they were having problems with their dish.

No ironing board in room. No fridge. Breakfast was served in a corner of the lobby. You had to stand up while eating.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank rstnpeace
Reviewed October 18, 2006

My group from work stayed here overnight. The front desk workers and management were very accommodating to our requests. We asked for a few rooms to be ready before their check in time and breakfast to be put out by 4:30 a.m. The staff happily obliged.
The rooms were clean and decent. All electronic devices: tv, phone, alarm, and ac/heater were in perfect running order.
There is a gas station with a sandwich counter inside as well as a Dunkin Donuts across the parking lot. The motel is located right off of 4, 5, and 91.
Overall, we had one of the most pleasant experiences at a Super 8 at this particular motel. My group would definately stay here again the next time we come to town.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank poiseidon
Reviewed March 9, 2006

We stayed at the Super 8 in White River Junction while on a trip up north.

Found the staff to be extremely friendly and welcoming. They were happy to recommend different places to eat in the area and were overall very nice. When we asked for extra pillows they were provided immediately, though these extra pillows were a little lumpy.

For the price though it was a great deal. When you stay at a Super 8 you can't expect luxury or a well-appointed room. It's just a simple room but it works. Keep in mind though that this hotel serves skiing locations in Vermont and New Hampshire and therefore will sometimes be booked and have higher rates.

Overall great deal for the money.

• Stayed: March 2006
7  Thank camanyo
Reviewed February 9, 2006

I stayed one night at the super 8 and was not impressed. For $89 the room seemed substandard, rather worn, drab and institutional. There was only one working light bulb in the room when I checked in. also when I checked in using my credit card, the front desk neglected to hand the card back. I didn't notice and went off to my room. About an hour later I realized I didn't have the card and went back to pick it up at the desk. you would think they would have noticed that card on the desk and brought it up to me pronto. Two nights later I stayed in another motel a few miles away for $65 and enjoyed a far superior place.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
3  Thank Boulderites
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 14, 2005

The Super 8 in White River Jct. VT is a great hotel for anyone looking for a basic clean room. its not fancy but for $60 what do you expect? Free coffee/Tea and pastries in the morning was good and they have on sire coin op laundry as well. Rooms were clean and bathrooms were fine with towels and soap as would be expected.

they allow dogs as long as you dont leave them alone in the hotel room for no extra fee.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again next time i need a room in this area!

• Stayed: December 2005
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
3 mi away
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Baymont Inn & Suites West Lebanon

Been to Super 8 White River Junction? Share your experiences!