“Stinky experience”

Super 8 White River Junction
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because other hotels in the area were full. I ended up in a smoking room, which really stunk. They ended up cutting my bill in half. But, honestly, I should've kept driving. The gal at the front desk was very nice and tried to be helpful. However, somehow my reservation got changed from non-smoking to smoking and there was nothing she could do about it because other guests were arriving who had fully prepaid for their rooms using third-party websites. I booked directly through Super 8 and got penalized.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Karen C, Manager at Super 8 White River Junction, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

I am not sure how you ended up with a smoking room instead of a non-smoking but I can assure you that you will never be penalized for booking through super8.com or the 800-800-8000 number. They have a best rate guarantee and professional booking agents.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Check in clerk had difficulty explaining bill, but was pleasant. Clerk in morning was very loud and had to ask her to restock breakfast on two days. Said I was very busy. In fact, staff were sitting around talking. Once personally engaged, staff were friendly. I forgot a walking stick in my room and asked if it was found. I stated where it was and was told that we'll call you if we find it. I did not get a call. None of this was bad just annoying. Second floor rooms are not convenient in cold weather. Despite all, the stay was not unpleasant.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Karen C, Manager at Super 8 White River Junction, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hold onto lost and found items for 30 days. Please call us directly if you are still missing any items.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We live in France, so see few American motels -- we were on a tight budget, so the main criterion was value for money and at Super 8 we got just that. I was nervous because on the internet Super 8 gets some poor reviews, but I was very pleasantly surprised. The motel was better than my expectations. The rooms were warm, comfortable, clean and restful. Spacious too, compared to hotels we experienced in cities.

The staff were always friendly, helpful, recommending a good place to eat that we would never have found on our own -- again good food for a good price, the person at Super 8 understood what we were looking for.

I would definitely recommend to anyone who wants an honest, reasonably priced motel without frills.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

White River Inn and Suites
White River Inn and Suites
#6 of 8 in White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge
Hotel Coolidge
Hotel Coolidge
#2 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to Super 8 White River Junction? Share your experiences!