“Good value for a overnight stay”

Super 8 White River Junction
Milford, Connecticut
“Good value for a overnight stay”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Good value for one night. Good beds but the pillows were a bit lumpy with hard spots. Breakfast not fancy but ok. Other hotels in the area are much more expensive. Good restaurants nearby. Lots of shopping centers 5 minutes away in New Hampshire.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank fredvp
Karen C, Manager at Super 8 White River Junction, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your review. I agree, some of our pillows needed replacing. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Springfield
Reviewed October 7, 2012

WI-FI on the blink. Was unable to get working Wi-Fi in the Room. Was only able to get Wi-Fi in Office / breakfast area. Rest of stay was great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

2 Thank JFG3
Nesconset, New York
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I had stayed at this hotel for several visits to Dartmouth College as I was travelling alone and didn't require much in the way of amenities. On my last stay the room had an unpleasant body odor smell. The bedding and linens are acceptable if you don't expect much, it's a warm place to sleep but beyond that don't expect much. I now pay another $40 a night and stay in other area hotels when visiting Dartmouth. You have to keep in mind besides thrifty travelers there is another class of clientele that stays in these hotels. Make sure you keep everything locked up.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sgt795
VENICE
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This motel basically is a very noisey place, and I'm sure you know that. People seem to have no problem standing outside their rooms in front of your door and carrying on fights, cell phone conversations and personal conversations all times of the day or night.

This motel basically is a good value, and I do like to leave a good tip for the hard working cleaners. But if I have to chase them around for half of the days I was there to get the basics like toilet paper, cups, plastic bags and bring the towels that they failed to pick up....well, they don't get a tip for that. And they should know that. I am not sure if this motel is understaffed or not, and I'm sure the people that clean are not paid a fortune to do so. And I know with all the wild crowd that seems to stay there, that they are probably cleaning up a lot after messy people, but my sister and I were not messy. We are very neat people.

I think the breakfast is a great deal, very nice, but on the last day, I saw a lot of flies around. The staff must be aware of this. Something should be done, as it is not sanitary and takes aware from the attractiveness of the breakfast room and nice breakfast.

The shower was not always cleaned and sometimes clogged.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I selected this hotel in large part from the reviews here. While I have to agree the room was spacious and well appointed, there are a few things worth noting. (1) WiFi was not available from our room and nothing was being done to fix that. This is very important to us and one of our factors in selecting a hotel. (2) The breakfast offering was the worst of any hotel I have ever been to. There was a huge empty counter. They had a loaf of soft bread; they had cheap pre-packaged cinnamon rolls and pre-made disgusting toaster waffles, neither of which looked at all appealing; and they had 2 kinds of cereal. At least there were a few bananas available. That was it. From these reviews, I was prepared for and English Muffin or a bagel but didn’t even get that. (3) There was a large bug in the bathtub when we arrived. This can happen and at least there were no bedbugs. (4) The front desk woman was efficient but abrasive which was not a pleasant start to our stay there. I would spend a little more money and get a little nicer place next time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Karen C, Manager at Super 8 White River Junction, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
I'm sorry that you were less than comfortable during your recent stay with us. I will look into why the breakfast was missing so many items that day. English Muffins, yogurt and oatmeal, to name a few. We have a new and improved WiFi system and I'm sorry that you had trouble at the time of your stay. If you would like to contact me, I would be happy to give you a discount on a future stay. I hope you will consider giving us another chance.
Ontario
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Have stayed here various times whilst I work and my husband stays in the room.
Rooms are clean and spacious, breakfast starts early at 0600, which is convenient as I need to leave by 0630.
The only downside is that people in adjacent rooms smoke standing in the doorway, and if you want your window open, the cigarette smell lingers in; also there is something in the air, as when we stay here, I have a dry hacking cough due to allergies. I can pick up on the carpet freshner, much to my detriment.
I wish that they would assign a block of rooms as NO SMOKING - not even in the doorway. If you want to smoke, then go upstairs or the rooms on the street side. I am sure that they do not realize how sensitive some people are to smoke, and I am one of them.
Per my husband, breakfast is OK.
By the way, some rooms have flat screen TVs and others have the old kind. THey should update all to flat screen, though it still cuts out at least a third of the viewing screen

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank br_luv2travl
Charlton, MA
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The location (near, but not on the interstate and major Vermont highways) and the recently-redecorated rooms make this 2-story motel a good bet for "leaf-peepers" and travelers to Vermont. Many of the state's attractions are easily within a less-than-two-hour drive.
New Hampshire is less than 10 minutes away.

Beds, pillows, linens, and tv were fine, and decor was pleasant.

Rooms on the road-side CAN be noisy in the early morning, but we were able to "re-sleep" between truck sounds. Perhaps better to ask for a room in the back, near the pool. As with most motels, first floor rooms MAY be subject to foot sounds from rooms above.

Breakfast was undistinguished, highly carbohydrate-ized. OK to start the day, but not high on the nutrition scale.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back should be quieter than rooms in front
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
Baymont Inn & Suites West Lebanon

Been to Super 8 White River Junction? Share your experiences!