“BEDBUGS”

Super 8 White River Junction
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I slept in this motel like a week ago, because it was pouring rain and too late to make it to Boston. Staff was nice and breakfast OKish, but the room smelled like crap. Literally. Like feces, if you may. Also, me and my pal had bedbugs in our hair the next day. Don't go there, seriously. We payed 80 bucks each for parasites and anus stench.
STAY AWAY.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank echocherry

Reviewed May 2, 2012

The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and very clean. The bed was very comfortable. It is a motor lodge; so there was some noise outside in the parking lot, but nothing overly loud or usual. We did have some trouble with the card key, but the front desk helped out in that regard. Over all a good price in a good location for one or two nights. We will be returning there.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dotcouple
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Looks doggy outside - but newly renovated room inside, you would swear it is a Hampton Inn room, has all the same amenities and furnishings ( stayed at adjacent Hampton Inn last week), no smell, better fan/ac unit.. awesome.They are in the midst of expanding breakfast bar as well.

Room Tip: great value.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I have always thought of Super 8 as a third-rate motel - or worse. But not this one. Though clearly a "motor hotel" with outside entry to rooms, the room we stayed in had what I wanted in the way of cleanliness, comfort, and small amenities such as a coffee maker and hair dryer. The two double beds were very comfortable. The pillows, though, were a bit small and not very comfortable. Plenty of heat and not noisy like some air handlers. Great WiFi for free. And we always appreciate pets allowed policies. The continental breakfast was as described. I would suggest adding instant oatmeal.

The only criticism I have is that there was no maid service between our two nights. When I brought that to the desk's attention, they handled the report with professionalism, apologizing and immediately offering to comp a night, no questions asked.

They have clearly put money into upgrading the rooms and deserved the full two night fee for it, so I paid for both. And I will stay there again when in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back. Nice view of the hills and valleys.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tgold109
Reviewed February 24, 2012

The good: great price, great location, clean, very comfortable beds, very nice front desk people, nice fluffy towels!
The bad: tv clicker didn't work (too late and in pjs before we realized so didn't go to the office), no cream and sugar left with the in room coffee, shower head positioned low.
The ugly: cigarette smoke from another room coming in through bathroom vent. We were in a non-smoking room but smelled a strong scent of cig smoke in the bathroom. Finally realized it was coming from the vent which had no turn off. What helped was I put a towel over the vent and closed the bathroom door.
We will stay here again because the price was right .... But for never more than one night at a time.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mew6160
Reviewed February 12, 2012

This hotel is perfect for a quick one night stay. Good location in that It is directly across the street from the VA hospital. Continental breakfast was good enough (juice, doughnuts, coffee, Danishes, etc). Of course I've stayed in nicer hotels but this one was pretty good for the price!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Jnl5002
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I booked a room using a special offer from the internet. I was satisfied with the price, until I started reading the reviews from other people who stayed here. when I arrived I was "psyched" by all bad comments and expected the worst.
it is difficult to relay on some of the reviewers because mostly people fall into two categories: either those who do nothing but complain or those who are super positive.
for me: I try to be objective.
I certainly got what I expected for the amount of money I spend to stay there.
the staff was amazingly helpful: I arrived in a snow storm and had to get to Lyme N.H. in the morning. I asked about the possible road conditions and was given a full safety report which was particularly important since I was traveling with two kids. I was advised not to relay on my GPS because the GPS would take me to Lyme via the highway and the last several miles in a snow/sleet/ice storm on the roads connecting the highway with Lyme could be dangerous. the front desk attendant printed directions for me indicating which roads I should take instantaneously. I was told that we could make unlimited tea or coffee for ourselves, and the kids got hot chocolate. there was a printed list of nearby restaurants, stores, supermarkets and grocery stores available at the counter (I never saw this anywhere else). breakfast was given from 6 till 10 in the morning (long hours for everyone to make it).
as to the room: it was just a room. good enough to stay for one night. I was not buying a house just staying in a hotel so I was not expecting miracles. my impression was that some previous guests did not care that they were staying in a non-smoking room and smoked in there. the cleaning people tried to use the air freshener to kill the smoke stink. is it hotel's fault that others do not care what they do or where they smoke. it is impossible to kill the cigarette smoke (I know something about it, I used to smoke). the air conditioner/heater was difficult to operate but we managed. the hot water was available for all of us to take a shower which was a positive surprise (based on our experience from other places by 9 p.m. hot water is usually gone). the bathtub had problems letting the water drain which made me feel bad because we left the bathtub quite filthy (sorry).

overall, for the price, I would not have a probelm staying there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Lebanon

Been to Super 8 White River Junction? Share your experiences!