“Good value for a good price”

Super 8 White River Junction
Reviewed February 12, 2012

This hotel is perfect for a quick one night stay. Good location in that It is directly across the street from the VA hospital. Continental breakfast was good enough (juice, doughnuts, coffee, Danishes, etc). Of course I've stayed in nicer hotels but this one was pretty good for the price!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Jnl5002

Reviewed January 31, 2012

I booked a room using a special offer from the internet. I was satisfied with the price, until I started reading the reviews from other people who stayed here. when I arrived I was "psyched" by all bad comments and expected the worst.
it is difficult to relay on some of the reviewers because mostly people fall into two categories: either those who do nothing but complain or those who are super positive.
for me: I try to be objective.
I certainly got what I expected for the amount of money I spend to stay there.
the staff was amazingly helpful: I arrived in a snow storm and had to get to Lyme N.H. in the morning. I asked about the possible road conditions and was given a full safety report which was particularly important since I was traveling with two kids. I was advised not to relay on my GPS because the GPS would take me to Lyme via the highway and the last several miles in a snow/sleet/ice storm on the roads connecting the highway with Lyme could be dangerous. the front desk attendant printed directions for me indicating which roads I should take instantaneously. I was told that we could make unlimited tea or coffee for ourselves, and the kids got hot chocolate. there was a printed list of nearby restaurants, stores, supermarkets and grocery stores available at the counter (I never saw this anywhere else). breakfast was given from 6 till 10 in the morning (long hours for everyone to make it).
as to the room: it was just a room. good enough to stay for one night. I was not buying a house just staying in a hotel so I was not expecting miracles. my impression was that some previous guests did not care that they were staying in a non-smoking room and smoked in there. the cleaning people tried to use the air freshener to kill the smoke stink. is it hotel's fault that others do not care what they do or where they smoke. it is impossible to kill the cigarette smoke (I know something about it, I used to smoke). the air conditioner/heater was difficult to operate but we managed. the hot water was available for all of us to take a shower which was a positive surprise (based on our experience from other places by 9 p.m. hot water is usually gone). the bathtub had problems letting the water drain which made me feel bad because we left the bathtub quite filthy (sorry).

overall, for the price, I would not have a probelm staying there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kajtus
Reviewed January 25, 2012

After driving for a couple hours our family just needed a place to stay. When we got there the check in process was quick, but we had a difficult time trying to find the stairs to our room. We got to our room and found that their amenities were very basic. the two beds were not the greatest and the bathroom was TINY. The sink looked like it had not been updated since they built the place in the 70's. This place has seen better days. It was not a very expensive place but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Not only tractor-trailer friendly but pet friendly as well with NO PET FEE!! Check in was quick and the young lady at the front desk was extremely cordial, helpful and accomodating in getting us the best room closest to our truck. The room was neat, clean, odor-free, very spacious. Internet comes up fast. There is a complimentary breakfast in the morning and continuous hot tea, coffee or hot chocolate available 24/7 in the main lobby. What a pleasure to come to this hotel. Fast and friendly service, clean rooms and a reasonable price. If in the area, ya have to check this place out!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank ginny110411
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I was skeptical due to reviews on trip advisor. But we had to stay in the area for 1 night. When we arrived clerk was very nice and helpful. At the room it was nice and clean. I had no complaints. It was perfect for our stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank psadesalvo
Reviewed October 19, 2011

My crew had a reservation for 3 nights, checked in to find the rooms were filthy, the towels and linens were covered with hair and stains. Went to the desk to check-out and cancel reservations and the clerk was rude and dismissive. He only said "Whatever, good luck finding another room" and walked away. No paperwork, no confirmation. THEY STILL CHARGED ME FOR THE ENTIRE 3 DAYS!!! When I called to ask about, they told me that they wouldn't do anything without a cancellation number and that the clerk who had been so rude had been fired. DON'T STAY HERE UNLESS YOU LIKE FILTH AND GETTING RIPPED OFF!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Donnie1981
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Paid $113.00 (without tax) for one night stay in October 2011. Courteous front desk, but never asked for any form of ID. Nothing clean about this motel. Hallway rugs needed vacuuming, besides all the leaves, there was much dirt. Our room was rundown, dark, not clean, unvacuumed, larger bug on filthy curtain, seat stained desk chair, toilet bowl had ring around inside, stained wallpaper in bathroom, terribly mushy pillows, wrinkled sheets, one door and one window to room (on same side). The only good thing was the shower head that allowed a larger flow of water that stayed hot during my entire shower. The rooms are equipped with a hairdryer, coffee maker, and cable TV with 3 different Showtime channels. Wireless Internet is impossible to connect to, or stay connected to! Our room was in the back of building, riffraff outside in parking lot, drinking, talking, smoking - anytime of night. Uncomfortable night, did not feel safe, did not feel clean, did not feel welcoming. Not a motel for families with young children.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Lebanon

Been to Super 8 White River Junction? Share your experiences!