“never again would I subject myself to staying here”

Super 8 White River Junction
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Where do I begin, only good quality is the front desk clerks! the rooms we NOT CLEANED! & we were not offered new rooms for compensation! the rooms I cant even begin to describe everything wrong this them! the first room was a disaster! Past guests refuse, the tub shower and toilet leaked the beds were so uncomfortable I could not sleep! and the high speed internet was worse than dial up and I went there to get married and wanted to post my wedding on facebook and I couldnt not connect or stay connected long enough to upload and I have a newer computer! never again would I stay here. comfort in was 10 dollars more and PLEASE do your family & friends or or anyone to spend that 10 dollar and stay SOMEWHERE E<SE

The breakfast was not there by the time i woke up and they did not put out fresh breakfast for anyone past 830 am!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank prideboio6

Reviewed May 16, 2011

This is a hotel that you wouldnt even want to have your pets stay at and let me tell you why...

Room one we were downstairs and the room smelled like some unknown funky smell..granted it was a smoking room but this stench reeeked of sewage or something. The toilet leaked, the tub leaked, the wallpaper was patched with duct tape, the carpets were not vaccummed at all, there was someone elses soap in the shower EWW..and on top of all that ther headboard fell off....I will update with photos later

All of that aside the next morning we were to stay in a different room because my partner and I got married and our friends stayed in the same room, we put the sign out that I quote read " PLEASE MAKE MY ROOM SUPER CLEAN" the maid didnt even open the door..the beds not made, no towels...not clean at all and when we called the front desk they said housekeeping left and we could come get more towels from the front desk...uh after all that they could have atleast walked them to my friends...

Night 2, which is right now, we have a room where the rubber mat comes out of the bathtub but it isnt susposed to, the glue was all loose and floated to the top while I was trying to bathe. The heat doesnt work right in either room, our new room had someone elses shampoo half used left for us in the shower..EWW again...the "High speed internet" they advertise is slower than snail mail! and I needed it to upload my wedding photos and videos...I actually am sitting in the lobby right now as I write this, I cannot wait to leave this hell hole, I would recommend to spend the extra 10 dollars and stay at the comfort inn like 1/2 mile away...

The 1 redeeming quality is the employees Jake and Kelly were nice but still the hotel looks good online but smells horrid and is old and decrepid I would NEVER RECOMMEND this room to even house pets in....and I've stayed in my fair share of dive hotels trust me but this one takes the pervibal cake...please do yourtself and your family a favor and NEVER STAY HERE!!

I am trying to help people realize this place is not the place to stay even in a pinch, sleeping in the car would be better atleast the sweage smell isnt there and you would not even want to house your pets here!

Room Tip: We will never be back here again
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pridekidd
Reviewed January 28, 2011

I don't ask for a lot in an inexpensive hotel for a one night stay but this was sketchy. Good location for my trip. I turned down the sheets and found a a quarter inch spot of dried blood. The brown spots on my pillow cases were questionable but there was no mistaking the blood stain. The blanket itself was itchy. I turned in a comment card about the sheets and the answer was "sorry about that." No surliness; just a general apathy.
Breakfast was normal- cereal, english muffins, and pastries.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank westernkids
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We stayed here one night, and that was one night too many. Although the exterior of the building isn't bad, it is in a poor location, next to two busy streets. The parking area was dark and dreary -- but then so were the rooms. We reported that the sheets in the first room we were assigned did not appear to have been changed (wrinkled, hairs on them, etc.), and although we were given a different room, the staff was rude and surly about it. The second room was marginally better (at least the sheets were OK). Chairs were badly stained, though, and the curtains were very worn and barely hanging from the wall. Bedspread were also very worn, a board in the bathroom was rotted out, and the carpet had spots. All in all, this was an unpleasant experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bl2s
Reviewed August 28, 2010

We decided to stop at this Super 8 because it looked decent on the outside.

When we got to the room it was not very nice. The old curtains would not close properly and were slightly askew. The room had an odor and the rugs were old and worn. We decided to get a refund and we checked out. No way we were gonna stay!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank rtimer
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Stayed overnight on our way to Quebec. The hotel is a bit older, but I found it clean and quiet. Wasn't able to access the WIFI as the signal was too weak...

There is no on-site workout facility, but the hotel has an arrangement with the Comfort Inn 1/4 mile down the road where one can use their workout area free of charge.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank elginadam
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Checking in just before 5 pm, the maid was still cleaning the room and asked if we wanted her to vacuum the room? Did she think we would want the previous occupant's dirt on the carpet? No coffee packets left for the in-room coffee and the pot had not been cleaned after the last use. One of our family's rooms had the beds made, but the bedspreads and pillows were left piled on the other bed. Property has the best room rate in town - and includes continental breakfast - pastry, english muffins, cereals, juice and good coffee in the office 24 hrs a day. If housekeeping kept the common areas (dirty glass in doors) and rooms in better shape it would be a better place. Front desk staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
Hotel Coolidge
Hotel Coolidge
#2 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to Super 8 White River Junction? Share your experiences!