“Not just lunch but dinner too!”
Review of Bryant House

Bryant House
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Weston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Step back in time and relax in our 1880's farmhouse and tavern. The Bryant House Restaurant and Tavern at The Vermont Country Store serves up comfort food sure to please. From grass-fed burgers, chicken pot pie, pot roast, burgers, fish and chips, homemade desserts and more, there is something for everyone from grandkids to grandparents. In summer, enjoy a Maple Creemee or Wilcox Ice Cream at our Mildred's Dairy Bar while relaxing outdoors!
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Dinner was delicious! We had heard The Bryant House is a nice lunch destination. Recently we were invited to join friends there for dinner. We had no idea about their extended evening hours. It was a nice atmosphere with friendly and efficient servers. Our food was fresh and served promptly. We enjoyed fare that was a nice blend of comfort food and nightly specials. My husband had the roast port with a Vermont twist which included a delicious maple glaze, I ordered the vegetarian lasagne. We highly recommend both. Try to leave room for dessert. I've never seen pie w/ so much fruit filling. YUM!

Reviewed November 12, 2010

When visiting Manchester Vermont, it's easy to get sucked into the local restaurants and miss the Green Mountain Gem - The Bryant House in Weston. It may look far from Manchester, however, the time it takes to make the short drive is less than waiting in line at any of the Manchester hot spots - and the service, food and ambiance far exceeds Manchester's best. Lunchtime? Johnny Cakes and Chicken Salad. You'll never forget that tasty treat. Dinner? Bypass the normal entrees and choose ANY of the nightly specials. Their Canadian chef goes above in beyond in melding natural flavors of veggies, meats and seafood with herbs and spices that are to die for. You'll take no chances - there is no risk. It's all good! The big surprise for the night? House Salad Dressing! - MAPLE DIJON!!! Hints of Vermont Maple fused with Asian spices! I'm addicted! Even the potato chips are awesome! On top of all that, our server, Sandy was wonderful. What a fabulous place to visit. I wish we lived in Vermont because we would be there every Friday night! By the way, if Shrimp/Chicken Scampi is on the Specials Menu - ORDER IT! I've traveled the world and this is in my TOP 20 dishes!

Reviewed November 12, 2010

Went to the Bryant House next to the Vermont Country Store. Busy time of year during the fall so I thought it would be too busy but Thankfully, they had a seat (after some wait). The food was delicious. I had the chicken pot pie as it seemed to be on everyone's plate. I can understand why. It was the best I had ever eaten. I am glad that I stopped to eat there. Will be back again soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2010

Went to the Vermont Country Store to do a little bit of early Christmas shopping and decided to eat at the Bryant house restaurant. From what I understand, the Vermont store owns this place. Decided on the New England Pork dish and my husband had a Delmonico steak. The pork had this maple cream with fresh apples as a gravy and it was just exquisite. My husband wasted no time devouring his steak which he really enjoyed with his little pitcher of cooked mushrooms. The service was great and our waitress was very attentive. She gave us a couple of options for things to see after dinner and was quite informative. The prices, I thought were very reasonable and was a little surprised after visiting the store(a bit pricey). I think we have found our favorite secret little place in the hills of Vermont.

Reviewed October 25, 2010

Drove to Weston to visit the Vermont Country Store next door. Had decided before we got there to have lunch at Bryant House Restaurant. It was average dining at best. The waitress didn't seem interested in doing her job. Took forever to come and take our order. The soda left an after taste. Maybe it wasn't a brand name but just a random cola. I had the cheeseburger (angus beef) which was okay but the bun underneath was sopped with grease and wet. Not exactly what I enjoy. I would have returned it for a new bun if the waitress had showed her face to ask if everything was okay...but she didn't until we were finished. $29 without tip or dessert for 2 people.
I will give it another try next year when we go back to see if things improve and at this point would recommend it with hesitation.