“Glad we stopped”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Weston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Step back in time and relax in our 1880's farmhouse and tavern. The Bryant House Restaurant and Tavern at The Vermont Country Store serves up comfort food sure to please. From grass-fed burgers, chicken pot pie, pot roast, burgers, fish and chips, homemade desserts and more, there is something for everyone from grandkids to grandparents. In summer, enjoy a Maple Creemee or Wilcox Ice Cream at our Mildred's Dairy Bar while relaxing outdoors!
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We have passed this restaurant many times but felt it might be to touristy and opened mainly for lunch. Wrong!
We went for an earlier dinner after golf and we're treated to a delicious and reasonable meal and great service. The best compliment we can give is " we will be back". It has a cozy back bar and the colonial setting is just right.
We did not have reservations but we're cautioned that when their is a show at the play house
It gets crowed.
As official flatlanders and Vermont vacationers for 30 years the discovery of Bryant House was a nice surprise

Reviewed July 25, 2014

A really nice place for a special occasion with family. Service is excellent and food makes all ages happy. And, of course, everyone can visit the store next door!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We had a lovely lunch; fish & chips and the Reuben, you won't be disappointed in the quality of their food. I did feel that they were pricey which I guess compensates for those people that they think won't be back again for a long time. However, you can trust the preparation and cleanliness of the restaurant.

2  Thank chrism72112
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Ate here on 6/29/14 for lunch. I ordered the Monte Cristo Sandwich my friend ordered the fish and chips. I cannot speak about the fish and chips, but my friend raved about her meal. She really enjoyed it. The Monte Cristo sandwich that I ordered was perfect! It is basically a ham and cheese sandwich on french toast with a REAL Vermont maple syrup dip. It was amazing!! It was served with fries. I did not see that mentioned on the menu that it came with fries, so I ordered a side of cole slaw. I would not have if i realized the sandwich came with fries. And oh they were good too. Big steak fries served wicked hot.Everything was cooked perfectly and served piping hot by our very efficient waitress. I would not hesitate to order this again on a future trip. The only complaint, and it is minor, we both commented after that our sodas seemed a bit flat. She had a regular coke and I the diet coke. We did not say anything to the waitress. In retrospect we probably should have.

2  Thank Yensid99
Reviewed June 16, 2014

While driving along route 100 recently, and heading for The Vermont Country Store, we make it a point to have lunch at The Bryant House next door. We ate there last time we were in the area, and there was no question we would stop there again.
The wait staff is always extremely efficient, as well as making you feel like a friend or neighbor.
The food is great tasting, thoughtfully prepared, well presented, and quite often with an interesting twist, such as sliced apple on the baked ham & cheddar cheese sandwich. Delightful! Wonderful soup also, since the day we were there was most definitely a soup day. Home made root beer - best I've had.
All in all, a nice, comfortable, cheerful place to take a food break with nice, friendly people to take care of your needs.

1  Thank Double O