“Pleasant restaurant with good food.”
Review of Bryant House

Bryant House
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Weston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Step back in time and relax in our 1880's farmhouse and tavern. The Bryant House Restaurant and Tavern at The Vermont Country Store serves up comfort food sure to please. From grass-fed burgers, chicken pot pie, pot roast, burgers, fish and chips, homemade desserts and more, there is something for everyone from grandkids to grandparents. In summer, enjoy a Maple Creemee or Wilcox Ice Cream at our Mildred's Dairy Bar while relaxing outdoors! Lunch served 7 days a week 11-3:30 Dinners Wednesday- Saturday 4:00- 7:30
New York City, New York
“Pleasant restaurant with good food.”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This restaurant consists of many rooms in what must have been a private home. The setting was pleasant and the service prompt. I had a turkey sandwich for lunch and it was fine.

Visited July 2013

Peabody, Massachusetts
“Do not waste your time or money”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had lunch here this past weekend. It was terrible! The waitress, I know her name but will not post it, was the worst server we have ever had. She did not write our order down and seemed pre-occupied. The chowder tasted sour and the burger was way over cooked. The fries were way under cooked......we would never go back here.

chicago, il
“FINE LUNCH—worth the wait”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I got to the Vermont Country Store and Bryant House, their sit-down restaurant next door, well before noon on a Wednesday in July. The restaurant was already taking names (there are surprisingly few tables inside—at least that I could see), with a wait time of about 20 minutes. That 20 stretched into well over 30, but we really didn't mind, spending the time in the store, planning our postprandial purchases. After a half-hour, when our name had not yet been called over the loudspeaker in the store, we went back to the restaurant and found ourselves next in line.

We sat in the bar area, which, like the store, feels old and welcoming—as was our waitress (uh, she wasn't old)—who brought drinks and menus quickly. Food took a while to arrive, but was very tasty, with high-quality ingredients. The clam chowder is famous and fulsome—lovely aroma. The monte cristo and fish and chips sandwiches both first rate: hot, tasty and satisfying. Decent fries. The "firecracker" cole slaw (or some such name) uses red cabbage, not all that hot—some added horseradish gave it a nice kick. A very good lunch.

Directly behind the restaurant (run by the same people) is a take-out lunch spot with hot dogs, burgers, ice cream—for those who would prefer something less serious for the midday meal—and faster.

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Great place for an authentic Vermont eating experience”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We are out Manchester for the Summer Horse Festival and our family decided to head up to the Vermont Store. We got there at lunch time and stopped into the Bryant House (which is right next door). Its really the only full restuarant near the VT Store so we hoped the food was good! The atmosphere has a traditional colonial feel to it... Very inviting. Great service staff! We were quickly seated and drink orders were taken. I had a local VT ale... ice cold, substantial but light brew. Great for a very hot day! I had the chicken pie which is their signature dish. It's roasted chicken breast, vegetables, and gravy between a large home style biscuit. Very tasty! I wasn't very hungry when we got there but I ate every bit of my meal. My son is 11 years old and can be a picky eater. He got the Yankee Pot Roast sandwich. I took a sample... Again, very tasty... Not too heavy or fatty. He really liked it. My daughter for the Ham and Onion sandwich and my wife had the Chef Salad... They each enjoyed their dishes. We all had some Johnny Cake to start. It's like a sweeter cornbread. It freshly baked was still warm. Delicious. We went during the week but I imagine The Bryant House gets quite busy on the weekends. We would definitely recommend and we will return on our next visit.

Seattle, Washington
“What a treat!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We came to visit the Vermont Country Store and decided to eat lunch at the Bryant House. Our waitress Connie was so friendly and shared many stories with us. We really enjoyed the experience. Meal was really good home style food. I had the open face turkey sandwich with stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy and it was delicious! My husband had the mac&cheese with ham and gave it rave reviews. We were stuffed but couldn't resist the homemade strawberry shortcake - omg! A nice surprise!

• Visited July 2013
BillAckerman, General Manager at Bryant House, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thanks Pamela! We're glad you enjoyed thee turkey and the Mac and cheese. And, we know exactly what you mean by the strawberry shortcake! Enjoy your visit to Vermont! Bill