“Silver service restaurant”

Inn at Weston Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Weston
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London
“Silver service restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Nothing to dislike here at all. Food good, well cooked. Service was great - bit too "chintzy" for us but you go mainly to a restaurant for the food, not the decor!

Visited June 2013

“So So”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I went here with a friend for my birthday. I had heard it was wonderful.
We arrived to a lovely dining room with a piano player. The waitress was polite and helpful. She told us about the wines by the glass and came back with good choices.
She did continue to ask us if we were ready to order but we were in no rush. My friend was a bit annoyed by her continued inquisitions as to our readiness to order. We had the "unusual" Caesar salad which was good and the trout. The trout was cooked well but the dish as a whole was salty. My friend could not eat her meal.... Much too salty for her. The bread served was excellent.
When the waitress picked up our dishes she asked my friend if all had been ok because it was uneaten. When told it was too salty to eat they immediately said it would be on the house.
During the meal, the owner ( wife of the couple) came by to chat. A nice friendly thing for a restaurantreur and Inn keeper to do. She was dressed in a T-shirt and running suit which I thought was inappropriate and she seemed distracted while talking with us. The piano player also came by and asked for selections that we'd like to here. We told both of them it was a birthday dinner. As we left, the piano player stopped me and played Happy Birthday. We were surprised that the owner had not followed up on the fact it was a birthday celebration and put a candle in our dessert. But I guess she was too distracted or too out of it to remember or think about some nice hospitality.
I will not return.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Hrvnyc
Queensland, Australia
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Combine dinner here with a stay at the Inn at Weston. We visited in September and enjoyed a superb meal with very attentive staff. George the piano player entertained throughout the evening and even managed to find some Australian tunes to play for us. Breakfast was also delightful - the most wonderful omelette and beautiful pastries. Would definitely love to return.

Visited September 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

For my 60th birthday my husband surprised me with a stay at the Inn at Weston. We were greeted by Linda the inn keeper who immediately made us feel at home and very welcomed. We had dinner in the tavern by a cozy fire. Sarah our waitress and Victor the bar tender were warm and friendly, so fun. We ordered a bottle of wine that was no longer available; Bob the inn keeper was immediately attentive to our wants with suggestions for a comparable bottle of wine that was wonderful. George the piano player is like the old cat in the inn. He plays the piano and accommodated our requests for songs and even played happy birthday. Hot coffee was provided in the morning right outside the door to our room and the breakfast omelet was the best I ever experienced. The Inn at Weston is truly a home away from home.

• Visited December 2012
Bristol, Rhode Island
“Go for the food and New England charm!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

There was a problem with our reservation which took time to resolve but, once corrected, it was fine! Food was excellent and the charming dining room with piano player was special. They were "slammed" so the service was somewhat lacking. We'll go back at a less busy time (not Christmas week) and are sure it'll be more to our expectations.