“hard to find with some reminising”

Vermont Country Store
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Weston
More attraction details
Owner description: We are The Vermont Country Store, the Purveyors of the Practical and Hard-to-Find. Step back in time as you browse our aisles of long lost products that still work as well today as they did "back in the day!" From countless jars of penny candy to Vermont's finest selections of locally made cheese and meats, to problem-solvers for your household to toys for the littlest ones, you'll feel like you took a step back in time, and become a kid in a candy store when you walk through our doors! Hours for Summer beginning on May 29th 8:30-7:00 daily.
Uxbridge, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“hard to find with some reminising”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

This store has hard to find items which fall into the perfect present for those hard to shop for people. This Weston.VT. store is located in a nice atmosphere. After shopping in the country store, there are a few stores in walking distance right out the door from the country store.
They also have samples of different food items to try before purchasing. This store makes my Holiday shopping fun. Happy Holidays

Visited December 2013
Jim S, Manager at Vermont Country Store, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Karen,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you had a great time visiting our store and finding many fun and hard to find items. Happy Holidays

Farmingdale, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“So sad, big change”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I remember that I went there, it was a small store that I had seen "hard-to-find" stuff that made in the USA over 20 years ago. Now not anymore. On October 5, 2013 I went to the store with my girlfriend. The store now is expanded and the stuff were so junk. We were so shocked that we checked tags, mostly of them say 'Made in China" and the prices were so high. What happened to Weston Country store that they don't sell "hard-to-find" stuff made in the USA". I would love to see Weston store to get rid of "made in China" stuff and start to sell "All stuff that made in U.S.A. only". Customers will come back.

6 Thank Glen M
Jim S, Manager at Vermont Country Store, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Glen M.
I am sorry you missed seeing our hundreds of Vermont made products in our stores. We, like you, wish everything could be made in Vermont, but that is just not the case today. We do however, make the greatest efforts to buy Vermont first and have much success with that endeavor. Our next preferences are made in New England, or made in USA, and then the rest of the world as necessary to find the best products to offer our customers. About 95% of our Apothecary Department is made in USA. 90% of the items in our Household department is made in the USA. Most of our Food department is produced in USA or Vermont, with some great Christmas food items coming from: Germany, France, England, and Switzerland. We have great Kitchen items made just up the road in Dorset, from our Mountain Weave table cloths, to our wooden cutting boards made by J.K. Adams. Please, I invite you to visit us again and ask for me. I would be happy to take the time to show you around. I know you'll leave with a very different impression than your first one. I do appreciate you taking the time to voice your concern. It did make us place more "Made in Vermont" and more "Made in USA" signs on some of our displays that were not obvious that they were locally made. Please feel free to contact me my email address is: jszabo@vermontcountrystore.com
Sincerely, Jim Szabo, Manager
Williston pk., New York
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“VT FALL FOLIAGE TRIP”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Always a great treat to stop at the Vt country store. The samples are plentiful and tasty. The shop personel are always very pleasant

United States
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Fun”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had a really fun time looking around here. It was fun to see all the items in the catalog in person. We would really recommend stopping here.

Irving
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wonderful step back in time”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My mother always had a Vermont County Store Catelog and would frequently order gifts from its pages. What a treat to visit the store itself while our family took a long overdue trip to New England. Contained on the shelves are the most interesting and memorable items from childhood. Candy, clothes, cook ware are just a few of the delights awaiting a visit.

Visited August 2013