“Rating is for museum style visit, not to buy $$$$$$$”

Vermont Country Store
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Weston
More attraction details
Owner description: We are The Vermont Country Store, the Purveyors of the Practical and Hard-to-Find. Step back in time as you browse our aisles of long lost products that still work as well today as they did "back in the day!" From countless jars of penny candy to Vermont's finest selections of locally made cheese and meats, to problem-solvers for your household to toys for the littlest ones, you'll feel like you took a step back in time, and become a kid in a candy store when you walk through our doors! Hours for Fall & Winter beginning on Oct 26rd 9:00-6:00 daily.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Rating is for museum style visit, not to buy $$$$$$$”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've been on this mailing list for years and our visit was great fun. For the younger crowd it may offer laughs; for the older among us it brings smiles as we reminisce and see the products we grew up with. Having said this, be advised that the prices are exhorbatant. Sorry, but a can of Zud cleanser is just not worth $6.95! This is just one example, everything I saw was similiarily priced.

There are generous food samples offered. The cheese was excellent. At around $25 a pound it was just not in my spending range. The maple syrup display also offers samples which allow you to zero in on your favorite. The grade B is really rich and full flavored. It's also cheaper and typically suggested for use in baking and cooking. I love it on my waffles and pancakes. Try it and see what you think. A quart of grade B was $29.99 which seemed like a fair price. However, I figure that if that was their price, I'd get it much cheaper elsewhere. Yum.

Would I stop in again next time? Definitely, there's so much to see I'm sure I missed some things!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank DPD123

Johnstown, New York
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“The Good Old Days”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed seeing all the candy and toys from our childhood. I thought that some things were overpriced and you could get them cheaper at the gift shop across the street. I loved all the samples. We got a delicious cup of coffee from the ice cream shop located near a good size parking lot. I was surprised how close the store was to the street but I realized it was because it was built in the 1800's.We are from NY and there isn't an easy way to get there but it was worth the trip.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Debra D
New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Must visit to see (shop!) and eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great store with lots of old-fashioned toys, accessories, skin products, cheese, snacks and foods. There are samples to be tried -- and we ended up buying several items. Slightly overpriced -- but many of these items are hard-to-find.

The restaurant at the Vermont Country Store is also very good. A fairly diverse menu with good food.

Newington, Ct
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“What Target or Walmart looked like 50 years ago”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Although the prices are not cheap, you can find items here that you probably haven't seen since you were a kid. They also have a tremendous selection of cheeses and other foodstuff. i also liked that you could sample many items. A must if you are in the area.
Also note that there is a competitor country store directly across the street where many of the items are priced competitively ....... i know because i ended up buying 3 smaller bottles of honey for gifts there.

2 Thank cfb410
Enfield, Connecticut
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Day Trip in the Green Mountain State”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Enjoyed the trip to the Vermont Country Store in Weston VT. Every bit of memory lane for the baby boomers with "penny candies" (now $ candies), free samples of cheeses, chips, maple syrup and fudge before you buy. Looking forward to next years visit.

1 Thank Ed P