“One of my favorite places!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vermont Country Store

Vermont Country Store
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Weston
More attraction details
Owner description: We are The Vermont Country Store, the Purveyors of the Practical and Hard-to-Find. Step back in time as you browse our aisles of long lost products that still work as well today as they did "back in the day!" From countless jars of penny candy to Vermont's finest selections of locally made cheese and meats, to problem-solvers for your household to toys for the littlest ones, you'll feel like you took a step back in time, and become a kid in a candy store when you walk through our doors! Hours for Fall & Winter beginning on Oct 26rd 9:00-6:00 daily.
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“One of my favorite places!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I absolutely love this place! I cannot say enough about it! It really takes you back in time and every time I go there, I find myself entranced. You would think someone would get bored going there all the time, but I still try to go there everytime I'm in the area, which is quite often. Their free samples are amazing too, I can't ever go there and not buy something!

1 Thank Katie C
BillAckerman, General Manager at Vermont Country Store, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you so much Katie! We are truly HONORED to be considered one of your favorite places! We'll keep the samples coming for yoour enjoyment. Please stop and say hello during your next visit! All the best! Bill

Phoenix, Arizona
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Cannot be Missed ! A stroll down Memory Lane !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

A feast for the senses, and every attention to detail make the VCS experience unforgettable.
Everyone finds something to buy here, because they have the best of the best and the fines
of children's and household nostalgia gifts. Also wonderful cheeses and gourmet items.
Great place to shop on a rainy weekend in October. We went to both of their locations and we were not disappointed. Be prepared to pay top price for quality.

Visited October 2012
Thank you SavvyGirl! A trip down Memory Lane it is! We are happy to know you enjoyed both stores and especially our greatly expanded assortment of outstanding Vermont cheeses! We hope to see you back in Vermont again soon!
Queensland, Australia
140 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“Well worth the visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Very much enjoyed our visit to the Vermont Country Store as we travelled down Rte 100 in September. Hadn't been back to Vermont since our honeymoon 38 years ago so it was a real nostalgia trip for us. Spent a whole morning in Weston - a very rainy day, but so pleasant in this shop, just tasting and looking and buying. Returned to Australia with lots of goodies from here!

Visited September 2012
Greetings from Vermont Sapphire! We love it that after 38 years away from Vermont, you included us as part of your nostalgic trip! Thanks for bringing a little bit of Vermont to Australia!
Charleston, SC
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I can cross one thing off of my bucket list!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I am a huge fan of the Vermont Country store catalog!!! Now I can say I have visited the store. Lots of things I remember from my childhood are everywhere you look...toys, kitchen items, soaps. Be sure to check out the beautiful nightgowns!! It is a store where you can buy food items for your country cupboard. The staff was very friendly!

Visited January 2013
Your bucket list! Wow, are we honored to be on your bucket list! Our team appreciates your reference to their friendliness. You've made our day with your review. Thank you!
Philadelphia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Warm even durign a snow storm!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

18 inches plus of snow coming down outside, nice and warm inside, very cool products from the past. Staff excellent! Moxie was good too!!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank satchmo44
We have to agree Satchmo! Sipping a Moxie at The Vermont Country Store in an 18" snowstorm, it just doesn't get any better than that! On behalf of our staff and family, we thank you very much for the kind review!