“Fun!”

Vermont Country Store
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Weston
More attraction details
Owner description: We are The Vermont Country Store, the Purveyors of the Practical and Hard-to-Find. Step back in time as you browse our aisles of long lost products that still work as well today as they did "back in the day!" From countless jars of penny candy to Vermont's finest selections of locally made cheese and meats, to problem-solvers for your household to toys for the littlest ones, you'll feel like you took a step back in time, and become a kid in a candy store when you walk through our doors! Hours for Summer beginning on May 29th 8:30-7:00 daily.
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Liked the atmosphere, wonderful choice of products that were even nostalgic of the 60's-70's. Great food samples!

BillAckerman, General Manager at Vermont Country Store, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you Quincerator! As you saw, we also enjoy the nostalgia of the 60's and 70's. Glad you had fun at The Vermont Country Store!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Towards the center of the state in Weston, VT is the "Vermont Country Store". Everything Vermont related you can imagine is carried in this store, which is crowded at pretty much all times. From kitschy knicknacks to Vermont maple syrup to Vermont cheese, you can find it here. In addition, you can sample various types of Vermont Cheese, Vermont Cookies and Fudge (and it's all delicious!). It'll be hard to leave without a few of these items in tow.

Thank you GNRMatt! We are happy you found everyting to be delicious! You visited in October, which explains the crowd. We sure do see a lot of people visiting during Fall Foliage. We also invite you to come visit us again during the summer or winter. Crowds are a lot smaller, our mountains are alive and beautiful and the weather is terrific if you are a skier or just plain enjoy the outdoors - after shopping, that is!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

we stopped here on are way back from niagra falls. what a cool place. brings back memories of my childhood. wish they were closer.

Hello Scrupper and thank you for your review! Bringing back childhood memories is what we do best so we love to hear about how it made you feel. Glad you enjoyed your visit to The Vermont Country Store!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

cant miss a step back in time...so much to see see, and lots of free samples to try. We can never seem to leave here without a bag or two of gifts and goodies. If you are expecting big changes from your last visit , you will be disappointed. The staff is always pleasant and eager to please.

We shared your rave review with our staff and they send their sincere thanks! It makes us happy that you enjoyed your step back in time. And - your'e right - don't expect big changes! We like to keep things pretty much the way they were way back in 1946 when we opened our The Vermont Country Store in Weston! Have a great day!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Vermont Country Store… a Vermont landmark, attracting thousands of visitors to indulge in the quintessential Vermont agrarian experience. Having lived less than 30 miles from this destination for almost 5 years, and being a lover of all things Vermont, I finally made the journey to experience the destination I had heard so much about. Unfortunately my trip ended in a hollow, empty feeling of Oh My, even a classic institution like the Vermont County Store has sold out to corporate greed and oversees manufacturing.

I know for a fact Vermont is overflowing with interesting, quality, and yummy products, produced in Vermont, using Vermont labor and Vermont Farms. I anticipated Vermont country store would be a mecca for such products; a place where the delicious diversity of Vermont Made would be represented for me to touch, taste, see and smell.

Instead, I was greeting with a store overflowing with imitations and products made in China. I was hard pressed to find any Vermont products! Sampling Cabot Cheese, from Cabot and some fabulous dips, produced by Halladays, from Bellow Falls, were the highlight of my visit.
But so many of the delicious small cheese producers were missing, as were most of products that can be found in small farm stands and stores around the state.

If you are looking for sensory overload of overpriced, made in China, trinkets, visit the Vermont Country Store. If you are looking for a real Vermont destination, you would be much better off following the Vermont cheese trail, http://www.vtcheese.com/cheesetrail.htm or visiting the Taylor Farm store in Londonderry, http://www.taylorfarmvermont.com which is not far from the country store and offers a truly authentic and scrumptious Vermont experience!

3  Thank NHFunintheSun
BillAckerman, General Manager at Vermont Country Store, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear NHfuninthesun. I am sorry you missed seeing our hundreds of Vermont made products in our stores. We, like you, wish everything could be made in Vermont, but that is just not the case today. We do however, make the greatest efforts to buy Vermont first and have much success with that. Our next preferences are New England, USA, and then the rest of the world as necessary to find the best products we want to offer in our stores. Please, I invite you to visit again and ask for me. I would be happy to take the time to show you around and even take you to lunch for your time. I know you'll leave with a very different impression than the first. I do appreciate you taking the time to voice your concern. It did make us place more "Made in Vermont" and more "Made in USA" signs on some of our displays that were not obvious that they were locally made. Sincerely, Bill Ackerman