“Paws up!!”
Review of The Paw House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Rutland
The Paw House Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 West Rutland B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We found The Paw House Inn by accident through LivingSocial, and it turned out to be the best trip we could have taken. The inn is very homey and our room (the bad dog) was even lovelier than pictures. We had a great time taking in the Vermont sites and eating at farm-to-table restaurants in the area, and then relaxing and playing doggy monopoly in the living room at night. The breakfasts were so yummy - awesome muffins, fruits, and omelets. I'm not even a big breakfast eater (usually a late sleeper) but I was psyched for breakfast each day. Jelly had an awesome time too!! Being from NYC, it was a really nice change for him to run around on grass and hike with us in the woods. He fell asleep early every night!

Room Tip: The bad dog has a king size super comfy bed. The sun shines in the windows in the morning and looks...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brooke H

Reviewed March 13, 2012

This was my first road trip with my rescue beagle-mix, and The Paw House was an ideal destination. We spent our days hiking and our evenings relaxing. The Inn is clean, cozy, and dog friendly. Mitch and Jen clearly love Vermont – they’re quick with knowledgeable recommendations about local restaurants and unique attractions. And breakfasts were fabulous (Mitch is a great cook), the dining area was sunny and cheerful, and the company delightful. We’ll certainly be back!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 9, 2012

The Paw House Inn is an extremely creative concept...the humans get to accompany their most precious furry friends on vacation! I get a safe place to hang during the day (and play) while my parents get to go out and play without a worry in the world. Mitch even takes photos of me playing and sends them to my parents during the day. Then when they're done and can't stand another minute without me, they come home and we play some more! When we're all tired from an action-packed day, we all hunker down for the night together, just like when we're home. I dream about tomorrow when we'll do it all over again! I've met some great friends and, their parents are pretty great, too. I'm a rescue and could never imagine life could be so GOOD! Thanks Mitch and Jen! You truly love humans as much as you love us dogs! You get 4 PAWS UP from me.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Escaping the New york city is tough and traveling with two dogs is even harder. I was skepitical traveling with our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and our parapolegic Boxer/bull dog. There aren't a lot of places that can manage such different types of personalities and high maintenance pups. I am so so so happy that we chose to go to the Paw House Inn. I can't wait to go back! They exceeded all of our expetations and went above and beyond to make sure that we were comfortable and that we could enjoy our vacation away from the city as much as our dogs did!

The rooms are quaint and comfortable. They have plenty of closet space and room to move around. Your dog(s) is allowed in the room while you are there with it. Which was wonderful because we love having the dogs sleep in the room with us next to the bed at night. When you are not in the room you can leave your dog(s) in the dog quarters out back. The quarters are amazing. they have everything you need to keep your dogs comfortable and cozy while you are away for the day. The provide private "kennels" for the dogs in a heated area big enough for them to sleep and move about easily. There is a bath station in case your dog gets muddy while outside and they provide towels, dog bowls for food and water as well. There were always dogs there so our pups were never lonely and the Inn keepers comein and check on the dogs regularly. They are fed (if you want),walked played with and looked after all day until 4pm. That gave us plenty of time to go skiing or hiking in the morning and grab lunch or an early dinner before we had to check in on them.

Breakfast is provided each morning with an array of different hearty and deliciouse home-cooked options for even the pickiest of eaters. My fiancee' is a vegitarian and never had any problems with the menu. (It's only been a few days since we checked out and we're still craving Mitchell's homemade quiches)!

Even tho there wasn't a ton of snow for skiing this season we never missed a beat. Mitchell made sure we always had plans laid out for the day and helped us with finding restaurants to eat at for the evenings and trails to take for hikes during the day. The area is so sweet and quiet. We enjoyed the quick trip into town for meals and didn't mind the half hour trip to the mountian basins for skiing.

I cannot wait until we book for our next trip! I hear summertime is even better than winter! If you have one dog or ten the Paw House Inn is for you! It's the home away from home and a breath of fresh air from stuffy hotels and lodges elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank leapinglemmings
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Amazing is the only word for this place and it's owner, Mitch. My husband and I have two 50-pound mix dogs and we also board, so when we decided to try to take a weekend getaway with four dogs totaling 200 pounds, we were sure we'd be out of luck. Then I called Mitch and was met with nothing but warm and friendly accommodation. He said four dogs were no problem as it was a slow weekend, and he gave us the largest room, complete with a dog bed, sofa and a large, private sun porch that provided outside access. We awoke on Saturday morning to breathtaking scenery and sunlight pouring in, and we had only to open the porch gate to let our dogs run ecstatically out into the huge field behind the house. There is a huge agility course just steps from the porch where dogs can run through tubes and jump over fun obstacles galore. There's also a trail leading up the mountain behind the house where we took all of our dogs, off leash, and I'm pretty sure they all had the best time of their lives. Mitch and his pup Stanley serve a three-course breakfast every morning, and our dogs were welcome in the dining room with us. Mitch also helped us plan our weekend perfectly. If you have dogs and want them to have as fabulous a vacation as their humans, you NEED to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank Jen3791
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We (John & Marlene S.) just returned from a three night vacation with our beloved dog Shylo. The innkeeper (Mitch) and his wife (Jenn) made our trip very special. We were treated like old friends even though we had never met. Breakfast was spectacular, rooms were extremely comfortable , clean and roomy. Shylo had the time of her life , both at the inn and on the hiking trails. We had no problem traveling around Vermont . Made trips to Killington , Woodstock , Manchester , Bennington and many other local attractions without any driving tie-ups .
Now is a great time to visit Vermont with the leaves just starting to take color.
Wish we could have extended our vacation. Paw House Inn is the perfect place to relax with your best friend .

Room Tip: Check out the rooms on their website
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I stayed here from Sep 8 to 10 shortly after Hurricane Irene affected the area. Originally I was planning to drive through Connecticut from New York City. But as VT 100 was partly closed, I decided to use I-87 instead. All fears of washed-out roads were washed away when I drove through the roads in NY and VT. I did not see any trace of storm damage, and even enjoyed the drive to Ben and Jerry's in Waterbury.
Anyway, back to the house, I relished the quiet charm and serendipity of the premises and surrounding, especially coming from bustling NYC. After 2 days I felt recharged and ready to go!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
#7 of 12 in Rutland
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#6 of 12 in Rutland

Been to The Paw House Inn? Share your experiences!