“Camping Early Summer”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Halifax
Abbott's Glen Clothing-Optional Inn and Campground
Ranked #1 of 1 West Halifax B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston
“Camping Early Summer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I booked 2 nights here the first week that they were open for camping in June and couldn't be happier with the experience. My boyfriend and I felt immediately at home not only due to the tranquil landscape and facilities, but also the genuine welcome from Amy and Lindy.

Nights we enjoyed cooking and playing pool before relaxing in the hot tub, while days we spent exploring the local towns and relaxing under the sun by the river.

Facilities were very clean and homey, landscape gorgeous, company genuine, and camping sites private. I would absolutely recommend Abbotts Glen to any friends or curious explorers who are looking to get away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah G

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We have been returning a few times every year as a simple get-away. One can stay cheaply on a camp site or splurge for a room. Granted, a weekend with food included (most yummy and healthful) can strain my wallet, but considering what is offered and the uncrowding guest population, I don't see how they could stay in business and charge less. This is a great place to walk in the woods, enjoy the sunny & sandy beach, and enjoy learning how to relax better. I just wish by birthday suit had a pocket for my water bottle. You will enjoy your stay, it is impossible not to.

Room Tip: To find the best location for your sleep time, visit their website. All is shown.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Drac61
Millis, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We just spent several days at Abbott’s Glenn, and we can’t wait to go back! In spite of the weather during most of our stay, we had a wonderful time, met friendly people, and were made to feel incredibly welcome. The thick, warm terry cloth robes provided with each room made it possible to go outside briefly without having to get dressed for the unseasonably cold, rainy weather.

We stayed in the Meadow House Suite; it is a truly elegant, beautifully furnished large room with a king-size bed. Meals were an event to look forward to; the guests dined family-style with the Innkeepers, Lindy and Amy, and Amy’s dinner menus were creative, beautifully prepared, and delicious. Breakfasts were served buffet-style, with a variety of choices for everyone. Liz put our room in perfect order each morning, and as a server helped make the meals special.

We enjoyed the hot tub every afternoon and dancing after dinner Friday and Saturday. On our last day the weather was sunny and warm enough to walk down to the river and sun ourselves, socialize, and listen to the river rushing by. We look forward to a return visit when the weather and water are both warm enough for tubing and swimming.

Thanks again, Lindy, Amy, and Liz, for making our stay such a pleasant one.

Room Tip: Carriage House rooms aren't quiet until the dancing in the Sugar Shack is over on Friday and Sat...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2FromMillis
Sleepy Hollow, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Went for the first time last weekend. What an amazing place. Lindy was a blast, tons of fun, on top of his game and keeps the mechanics going. But, Amy is incredible, her personality is awesome, her cooking was out of this world, best food I have ever had. I didn't try desert because I was just too full.....but I heard it was great. I can't tell you how much I needed a relaxing weekend and that is what I found. I met great people who I am proud to have had the privilege of knowing. Lindy and Amy are the perfect hosts, they will sit and chat or let you do your own thing, they have a knack for seeing what you need. Knowing their job takes a ton of work they make it seem like nothing at all. I can't wait to go back. I have never done the clothing optional thing before but it was great, no pressure but judgments, who knew naked people were so friendly and loved to dance so much!!!. Coming from the conservative background I have I was happy as can be. I have never had such a great, relaxing, fun, wonderful, too many wonderful words to describe time in mylife! I even told my ultra conservative sister to give it a shot!!!!

thank you thank you thank you Lindy, Amy, and Liz ( and of course scooby doo) for a great weekend! thank you for calling us to let us know you had a last minute opening. thank you for sharing your home with us. Just thank you!

Room Tip: they are all great depending on your middle of the night needs you may want to opt out of the carria...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johanna a
Greenfield Center, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I went to the Glen first as a look and see, met Amy and Lindy and ate lunch at one of the picnic tables because they weren't open for the season yet. We got the tour from Amy of the meadow house and the carriage house. We loved the appeal and the comfort both Lindy and Amy gave and decided to book our anniversary there; June 27th.

Our anniversary was absolutely wonderful. We were "first timers" and Lindy and Amy made us feel right at home as did all the guests. We swam down by the river, laid in the sun, walked the property and danced our legs off at night. The cuisine was excellent with a wonderful breakfast with more available than one could imagine. Everything was fresh and local where possible. The dance night in the carriage house was a blast with Mark and Lindy being lively and entertaining.

In January we decided to go back for a winter stay and it too was a blast. It was a long weekend and although it was cut a bit shorter than expected, it was indeed wonderful. The dance night was another night to remember. We kept Lindy up late as Amy had to be up early for breakfast and the others went to bed. Eventually we all went to rest and got up the next day to find fresh snow and the wind picked up as the rest of the guests left. My wife and I took snowshoes down to the river and walked all around the property. All the others had left so we made plans to have dinner out with Amy and Lindy when the power went out. Thinking of home and what was at risk back there, we gathered up our stuff and begrudgingly headed back home. Next time Amy and Lindy.

BUT we made plans to return again for St Patrick's Day. Come visit and enjoy the option of a clothing free day of fun. Spend time in the hot tub, have Lindy start up the sauna and soak up the heat or just grab a book (or nook these days) and sit by the warm wood stove and read. Spend time talking and socializing with the other guests and experience a judgement free day of simple, relaxing life. We've never felt the kind of freedom and acceptance that we have at this wonderful little place nestled in the mountains of Vermont. It's easy to get to and easy to get to love.

Dan & Cathy M

Room Tip: Staying at the Meadow house is great as it's right across the drive from the Carriage house whic...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

There is such a story to be told at Abbott’s Glen! My husband and I have been there again and again and never tire of it. It is truly a gem of a place that deserves to be discovered!
If you are a “first-timer” and are the slightest bit hesitant about going to a “clothing optional” get-away, then this is the place for you! Amy Abbott, with her quiet graciousness, will put you at ease. The relaxing atmosphere, friendly guests, delightful ambiance and awesome food combine to create a complete package that will call you back again and again.
The Abbott’s Glen experience begins when you arrive, are greeted like an old friend, and shown to your beautifully appointed guest room. Take off your clothes and relax! Wrap up in one of their cozy robes and visit with other friendly guests as you await a sumptuous dinner! After a divine dinner, soak in the hot tub, try out the sauna, go for an evening stroll in the Vermont woods or join the after dinner party in the Carriage House.
Wake up with a cup of coffee around a fire (in winter) or outside (in summer) in your bathrobe while socializing with other guests. Breakfast is guaranteed to be a treat a made from fresh, local Vermont ingredients, and showcasing Amy’s exceptional culinary talents. It is not unusual to spend over two hours socializing over breakfast.
If you’re lucky enough to be spending two nights at the Glen, get dressed and head into Wilmington or Brattleboro to complete your Vermont experience. Be sure to bring a beverage of your choice to enjoy back at the Carriage House for an informal gathering along with Amy’s tempting appetizers. But don’t eat too much! You will soon be called in to enjoy yet another spectacular meal!
All too soon your weekend will be over, but you will be relaxed and refreshed like you did not believe possible. So what are you waiting for? Call Abbott’s Glen today and make a reservation. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Rooms in the Meadow house are nice and quiet at night.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is a beautiful, quiet and cozy place in Beautiful Vermont. Surrounded by nature with cool and friendly owners (Amy and Lindy) and their lovely pet (Scooby Doo) Abbott's Glen is in the top of our list of places to come back to. We were ready to escape from our crazy and busy life for a while and go somewhere where we were able to literally loose touch with the "outside" and be surrounded by nature. Abbot's is exactly that. The place is BEAUTIFUL, built with extreme attention to details, the bedrooms, showers and lounging areas are perfectly furnished and finished. There is a place for everything; playing, reading, napping, relaxing, watching tv without one having to interfere with the other one. Chef Amy is passionate about what she does and believe me, her breakfast will make ur day! besides changing your life. Seriously!. Their property is fairly large and it was very nice being able to take a walk in the cold early morning through the woods and by the river side coming back to the warm and cozy chair by the fire pit. Needless to say we are already planning our next visit, must likely next march for maple syrup making festivities :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 3 in Wilmington
The White House Inn
The White House Inn
#4 of 10 in Wilmington

Been to Abbott's Glen Clothing-Optional Inn and Campground? Share your experiences!