“Love the Glen!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Halifax
Abbott's Glen Clothing-Optional Inn and Campground
Ranked #1 of 1 West Halifax B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband and I visit the Abbott's Glen one weekend a month. For me it is a beautiful place of peace and tranqulity. I enjoy hearing the croaking of the frogs and the rushing of the river. I love to flop on an inner tube tied to a rock, and float in the fresh cool river. I enjoy having my morning coffee on the garden patio facing the spectacular gardens, while watching the butterflies, luna moths and wide variety of birds. Amy Abbott is a fabulous cook, as well as a wonderful hostess. She prepares and presents wonderful meals with such care and joy. Lindy is a hardworking creative person that puts his heart and sole into creating beautiful stuctures throughout the property. He too, is a very gracious and friendly host. Together, with there wonderful staff, they really work hard to create a true oasis in the VT mountains!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Always excellent! Every time we stay at Abbott's Glen, it is always excellent. The food is fantastic and accomodations are amazing.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2012

From the moment we arrived, we felt welcome & cared-for. Our suite ("the apartment") was clean, comfy, cozy, & inviting. Amy is a very talented chef, with a fine sense of balance regarding flavors & textures! She kindly made allowances for my dairy intolerance, too. Lindy has a relaxed, easygoing way about him, and a fine sense of fun. Guests & staff were easy to converse with, and fun to be around. I felt so relaxed & comfy! Surprised at myself, first-timer over Memorial Day weekend, age 56, and far from "body beautiful", I was sad to put my clothes back on to go home!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Abbott's Glen is a great property with great features - extensive grounds, a river running through the bottom portion, open meadows and a pond for swimming. The owners (Amy and Lindy) are great and extremely welcoming. It is the perfect place for the seasoned naturist.

That said.....I can't recommend it for anyone not already completely comfortably in a nudist environment. My wife has been to nude beaches and some large mega-resorts in Florida or the Caribbean with nude beaches or facilities. She's fine with all of that. She was not fine here. At big properties, you have the ability to blend into the crowd. Abbott's Glen is a small B&B with only 5 or 6 rooms, shared bathrooms and meals at a communal table. It's very social and very personal. You can't lose yourself in the crowd. Unless you are able to be very social with a small group of people while nude, you'll be uncomfortable. It has the environment of a B&B, only nude. Great for seasoned nudists, but I wouldn't recommend it for newbies.

Don't get me wrong, the property is great, the owners are great and my comments are no fault of anyone other than myself - it's just the environment that it is, which turned out to be the wrong choice for us. Small, intimate and personal. For some, it's great. For my wife, it was very uncomfortable. I learned my lesson, and for clothing optional experiences, we'll stick to the more impersonal larger properties from now on.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank crnd
Reviewed March 19, 2012

This was the most relaxing weekend we have ever experienced without leaving the country! It was our first time and it will not be our last. The hosts, guests, food, atmosphere... everything was perfect!!!

Room Tip: Spend a little more for the suite, we will next time.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Abbott's Glen is a first class inn and campground that just happens to be clothing optional. We have been frequent vistors of the inn for several years and always come away feeling pampered and relaxed. Amy and Lindy are the most gracious host you'll find anywhere, attending to your every need. Over the years, we've stayed in all of the rooms, but we most enjoy Pond View or Meadow View in the Meadow House. There's nothing like having your morning coffee on the deck and watching the sun as it peeks over the top of the trees.

There are a lot of repeat guest, which is a tribute to the unique environment that Amy and Lindy have created. We've met a lot of great people at Abbott's Glen and always look forward to meeting new friends whenever we visit. Whether its mealtime conversation, relaxing in the hot tub or dancing the night away at Club Sugar Shack, you'll always find gregarious people to join you.

Room Tip: Pond View in the Meadow House has a great, sun drenched deck for entertain your new friends.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This was the year we decided to try the clothing optional lifestyle. After much internet research, we chose Abbott's Glen for our first experience. A phone conversation with Amy (the owner) provided us with all the details we needed for our first day visit. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Lindy (other owner) and given a tour of the grounds. My wife, who was a little hesitant, was immediately put at ease by Amy's helpful suggestions on how to make the transition. This is a clothing optional inn and everyone is free to find their own comfort level. We walked to the river, hiked the trails, swam in the pond and left after a wonderful relaxing afternoon, knowing that we would return, which we did for a day almost every weekend for the rest of the summer and early fall. In November we had our first overnight stay, and we can only echo the positive reviews posted by others about the rooms and meals. Amy, Lindy and their very capable assistant Liz make Abbott's Glen a place you will not want to leave. When asked by those who do not about our new lifestyle, "What did you do this weekend?" we can very honestly say, "We visited friends in Vermont."

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GoNude

Been to Abbott's Glen Clothing-Optional Inn and Campground? Share your experiences!