“Awesome pizza. ...Sketchy in other ways.”
Review of The Parker Pie Co.

The Parker Pie Co.
Cuisines: Diner, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Parker Pie Co. Started as a small pizza shop in the back of the Lake Parker Country Store. While it is still a little pizza shop in the back of a country store, the quality of the food and the community atmosphere has turned it into a favorite eatery and pub for locals and seasonal clientele alike. The Parker Pie Co. Is a foodie destination not to be missed. In addition to our famous pizza, our revolving beer menu features both Vermont brews and the best fermented beverages from around the globe.
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We visited this little hole in the wall on recommendation from American Flatbreads in Burlington. I understand that to a degree you can't always pick your location - and with that said, if you are turned off by farm smells or can't eat around them, don't come here. For me, not a problem. Wife hated it, but once we got a couple cocktails in her she warmed up. That's the last I'll say about the olfactory ambiance.

The good: Pizza: Lots of oil, but with a whole natural cheese and legit meats that will happen. Great crust, flavorful toppings, sauce and cheese are well applied and flavorful. The Beer: Hill Farmstead on tap, plenty of local and other craft brews available. The Staff: Down to earth, friendly without forcing a KoolAid smile, obviously content with their jobs and comfortable interacting with customers - made us feel right at home.

The bad: Cleanliness. Tables, chairs, floors visibly soiled. Fly poop on the window sills and walls.. The place needs a few solid hours of elbow grease to get back up to "Clean Place To Eat Food" standards.

The ugly: Flies. I get that the place is surrounded by farmland, but there is not even really a token effort being made to keep them out. Most of the NEK is farmland, and we haven't bumped into anywhere else with nearly the fly issues we found here. The screen door's mesh is for holding rabbits, not keeping out flies. The windows had no screens at all, even big-gauge screens like on the door... Lots, and lots, and lots of flies... Personally, I think a little cow crap is healthy, so when it transfers from a fly's legs and face to your food it's not that big of a deal. But are the flies in the dining area the same ones that hang out in the human bathroom? Food for thought.

Summary: The menu, staff, and concept to win big are definitely here, but the cleanliness will (unfortunately! I really liked the pie!) keep us away.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

After hearing about Parker Pie Company in Jay Peak, we made it our lunch stop after dodging the storm while visiting the beautiful Lake Willoughby a few miles away. Disguised as a tired old country store, we drove right past it, only to discover a whole different world inside. We passed several aisles of boutique wines to find a cool little pizza place in the back of the store. There we saw a bustling crowd of folks having lunch, way out there in the middle of nowhere. We opted for a picnic bench in the lawn behind the deck, and sipped a frosty draft of renowned Hill Farmstead Edward's ale. Our pizza arrived topped with black olives and fresh mushrooms, with a thick, yet not dense crust. The two of us were pleasantly filled with a slice or two left over. It was a great meal, and well worth the backtrack to find it!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Who would have thought that this little gem would exist in the far flung town of West Glover?! A little off the beaten path, The Parker Pie Co. is worth the trip if you are looking for something different. We coupled this trip with a stop at Hill Farmstead Brewery.

The Parker Pie Co, serves great beers in tap (Trapps, Hill Farmstead, etc...) but specializes in great pizza. The seating is limited inside, but there are also picnic tables outside. If you are looking for fine dining go elsewhere. But if you want great pizza, a good beer selection in an atmosphere that is inviting, this place is worth the trip.

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Wife and I have been here 3 years running while staying at the family lake house, and have experienced 2 things with absolute consistency; amazing food and the worst service, and I mean the worst ever! We are Vermonters not city skickers and I'm easy to please. When you order it's "What do you want?" that's word for word and I heard it over and over from multiple employees to multiple customers. When you go to the bar/order counter and ask for something(dressing, napkins, silverware, more than 1 oz. of sour cream with an enormous plate of nachos, etc.) you will be treated like the annoying thorn in the side that you are. When you pay, no "how was it" no "thank you" I mean literally nothing is said. The ownership should be ashamed you're in the service industry! Right now you're the only game in town but the NEK is blowing up and with your horrible service you make yourself a prime target for becoming an afterthought once a place with good food AND service opens up nearby. "What can I get for you ". "How was it?" And "thank you" would have taken a total of 20 seconds and increased this review score and the tip I left by 500%. This is not an isolated incident it's the culture here!

3  Thank mrmike09190
Allie H, General Manager at The Parker Pie Co., responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

I am so sorry! There is no excuse for poor service, and I assure you that our staff, from ownership and management, to the kitchen and front of house, is very committed to providing a great customer experience. Whether our customers are visiting from out of state, fellow Vermonters, or our own friends and family, we care about everyone who walks through our door, so again, I sincerely apologize if you have not felt that in your previous visits. Thank you for your honest review. We truly value customer feedback, and we promise to make positive changes. I hope that in the future you can appreciate both our pizza, and our customer service.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Truly unique. Excellent pizza. Don't expect quick service, and arrive early if you want a table. Great for the whole family. The beer menu is unique. The employees make the experience fun. Order at the bar, and don't forget to pick up your own utensils on the way to your table! The pizza will be delivered to your table! We have ordered out too.

1  Thank BillyTraveler