“Splendid disaray”
Review of The Parker Pie Co.

The Parker Pie Co.
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Parker Pie Co. Started as a small pizza shop in the back of the Lake Parker Country Store. While it is still a little pizza shop in the back of a country store, the quality of the food and the community atmosphere has turned it into a favorite eatery and pub for locals and seasonal clientele alike. The Parker Pie Co. Is a foodie destination not to be missed. In addition to our famous pizza, our revolving beer menu features both Vermont brews and the best fermented beverages from around the globe.
Craftsbury Common, Vermont
“Splendid disaray”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Parker Pie is best known locally for it's variety of rich and satisfying pizza, but it also has of other kinds of food on a revolving schedule - things like tacos and oysters and seemingly whatever strikes the staff's fancy. I have yet to be disappointed. Their selection of beers is always interesting, and I assume that their wine is decent, although that is outside my realm of experience and expertise. Dress is haphazard and while ties are allowed, they may draw suspicious glances.

• Visited January 2013

Dedham, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome beer and deliciously greasy pizza”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stopped here on the way to Jay Peak because Hill Farmstead is known to be on tap here. There are 2 sort of seating areas- one through the country store and one around back. The one around back is where the main bar is and has more seating. We sat at the bar and ordered a couple Hill Farmstead selections (being from MA, this is a rare and wonderful treat). We also ordered a couple small pizzas- a meat lovers and a Green Mountain special (cheddar, spinach, bacon, apples, onion, maple syrup)- which were a little greasy (how pizza at a bar should be, in my opinion) and simply delicious. The smalls are personal sized. Since we were starving from the long drive, we decided to order the goat cheese/red pepper dip they had as a special. That was pretty awesome too. The owner makes his own goat cheese. Doesn't get much fresher and local than that! It was trivia night and seemed to draw a big crowd. Unfortunately we couldnt stay and had to continue on to Jay, but I definitely would recommend a stop here.

• Visited February 2013
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great Place, Good Food, Beer, and Entertainment!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I am in West glover a few times a year, visiting family that have a cottage within walking distance, and I always make a point of stopping in for at least a pint of something new. They have a great beer selection, often having a couple choices from Oregon's Rogue breweries which as a Canadian I cannot get. The Servers are always really friendly, and during the summer there is often a band, and lots of fun to be had. The rest of the clients are friendly, and it is a great atmosphere.

As for the food, it is great!!! I am a Vegan, but before I went Vegan I loved the pizza, and as a vegan, simply get the vegetarian sub with no cheese. when I was there in may of 2012 on a fishing trip and on the saturday night after a day of fishing, going to the Pie for 3$ fresh, flown-in-that-day oysters was a real treat!

If you're passing through and stopping for a bite, I can assure you it's worth the detour off the I-9. If you're in the area vacationing, and looking for something to do after dark, the Pie won't let you down.

I would say it is kid friendly, vegan friendly, beer-lover freindly, foodie-friendly, fun friendly!

Definitely reccomended, can't wait to go back!

• Visited May 2012
Winooski, Vermont
“Favorite in the area”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

With the old Positive Pie doing a bit better, and the New Claire's just disappointing, my friends end I will end up spending more time at this great pizza and beer joint off the beaten path, as they say.

Visited July 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Love Love Love that thin crust!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I read about this restaurant in Food Network Magazine, September 2011 issue-50 States, S0 Pizzas and this was the one they selected for Vermont. When my girlfriends and I decided to celebrate our birthdays in Stowe, Vermont, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to detour and try out this restaurant. We were not disappointed! We almost passed the place as it really is a non-descript old structure/general store on the outside and in the middle of farm country. This is a very down to earth , casual kind of place...don't expect anything fancy schmancy here! When we walked in no one else was there at lunch but it didn't take too long before it filled up. It's a small place with country charm. The FN magazine had selected the Green Mountain Special as the best so of course that's what we had ordered. I coudln't get enough of it! Sooooo sooooo good! We also had the Meat Lover's specal which my firends liked alot. We statred off with a Greek and regular salad ( we all cleaned our plates) with a delicious maple vinaigrette (after all we were in Vermont...you have to have maple syrup in everything!) Suprisingly the store sells upscale gourmet snacks... a lot of organic and natural.

• Visited November 2012