“Artisan pizza worth the wait”
Review of The Parker Pie Co.

The Parker Pie Co.
Cuisines: Diner, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Parker Pie Co. Started as a small pizza shop in the back of the Lake Parker Country Store. While it is still a little pizza shop in the back of a country store, the quality of the food and the community atmosphere has turned it into a favorite eatery and pub for locals and seasonal clientele alike. The Parker Pie Co. Is a foodie destination not to be missed. In addition to our famous pizza, our revolving beer menu features both Vermont brews and the best fermented beverages from around the globe.
West Glover, Vermont
“Artisan pizza worth the wait”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I ventured to Parker Pie on a Friday even though I had heard that the wait could be long on weekends. My pizza did take about an hour but while I was waiting I hung out on the patio, tested the hula-hoops for sale in the store, meet some cool locals and tasted some delicious craft brews (Hill farmstead!). The atmosphere was fun and casual and I hardly noticed the time. When my pizza was brought to me I was not disappointed, the food is amazing. Although I would always recommend the highly celebrated Green Mountain Special, I chose to branch out and sample the Bangkok Disco. The crushed plum tomatoes, mozzarella/cheddar combo with chicken, blue cheese, red onions and curry powder was well worth the wait.

• Visited August 2012

Massachussets
“From excellent to poor”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We used to love Parker Pies and would go at least twice a week during the Summer and once a month in winter. The staff are fantastic the beer is excellent but for the past few months we cannot get an edible pizza. We thought after 3 bad runs our luck would be in, and the owner was making the pizza, but no, it was so horrible I spat it out. The last few times toppings were left off and the wait can be up to an hour. We never go there when it's busy so it was very disappointing each time, when there is no body there, to get horrible pizza. So sad to not be able to bring our friends there again and hope that they will find their way back to making good pizza. It can't have helped that half the staff have recently left, hopefully they will return to former glory. So sad though, we miss it.

• Visited August 2012
Allie H, General Manager at The Parker Pie Co., responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts. The majority of our current staff have been here for several years or more, and I am glad to hear that you enjoy them and their service. However, I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your meals during your past few visits. We take the quality of our food very seriously, and want everyone to leave here happy and well fed. There is simply no excuse for you to receive anything subpar.

As a loyal customer in the past, I hope that you can find a way to give us another chance. We care very much, and it is patrons like you who have shaped us into what we are and allowed us to be in business. If you do find your way back, please come find me. I'd love to apologize and welcome you back personally.

Allie Hastings
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Excellent place”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is a great place to eat, and mingle with the locals. There is live music almost every night, and free wifi in the restaurant. it's a pizza place, and the pizza is delicious, but there are many other options as well. I like the meat lovers pizza. So big and very good. You can also get beer and wine with your dinner. Come for the pizza, stay for the atmosphere.

• Visited October 2011
East Hartford, CT
“Very casual”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

After seeing it rated highly by other tripadvisors, my wife and I sought this place out. It is in the back of a small general store (nearly drove by it). Very casual vibe. Service is do it yourself. Walk up and order your pizza and drinks. Fetch your own tableware, etc.
No A.C. = open windows and doors, so you try to ignore the flies buzzing around. The pizza with the maple syrup, apples and such sounds wierd, but it is very good.

Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
“Excellent Pizza in the NorthEast Kingdom of Vermont”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is a fabulous restaurant/pizza place/music venue in West Glover, Vermont, in the heart of the NorthEast Kingdom. Right across the street from a large cow barn and behind the Lake Parker Country Store, this place has really excellent pizza and a spectacular selection of beers, including a number that are locally brewed and impossible to get in normal commercial establishments. A real treasure.

• Visited July 2012