“Lovely B&B in Southern Vermont”

Deerfield Valley Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dover
Deerfield Valley Inn
Ranked #9 of 12 Dover B&B and Inns
montpelier, vt
“Lovely B&B in Southern Vermont”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here from 7/27/12 to 7/29/12 as part of the Green Mountain Adventure package purchased on LivingSocial. We were nervous not having stayed in a B&B and having heard that some try to force you into activities. We had nothing but a wonderful experience here. Doreen and Rosemary were warm, welcoming, helpful but let us do our thing and didn't make us feel awkward at all! The breakfasts were wonderful, being a choice of pancakes, omelets or eggs your way and toast. The room was a large queen size room, had cable TV, a tub shower with plenty of hot water and fresh towels every day! There was an air conditioner in the room, which we used only for the fan. There was a spotlight outside of our window, but it went off sometime in the night and didn't bother me, even though I have to have things "just so" to fall asleep. The bed was comfortable with quite a selection of pillows. I highly recommend staying here! Thanks Doreen and Rosemary!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aikieltweed

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fall River, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at this B and B and would return again in a heartbeat. The rooms are clean,beds comfortable,the service and breakfasts were impeccable,we both strongly recommend this as a place to stay in West Dover

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank pslt1156
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

Doreen Cooney runs a wonderful B&B near Mount Snow, & 40 minutes away Manchester known for it's outlets. Cozy rooms-some with fireplaces. Breakfasts are fabulous from fresh baked breads to blueberry pancakes and other goodies. Bottom line, we have been coming back to this B&B for the past fifteen years and have just returned from another most enjoyable stay.Many good restaurants in area. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

Room Tip: A variety of choices depending on what one is looking for.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ram047
franklinma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

Recent ski trip to Vermont brought us to the Deerfield Valley Inn. My husband and I had a large bedroom with fireplace and sofa, which was great for relaxing and enjoying a glass of wine at the end of the day. Very quiet with wonderful and comfortable bed. The breakfasts were to die for and we appreciated having our own table to sit and enjoy that first cup of coffee in the morning. Hosts were friendly and helpful.This is an area where we ski frequently and will keep the Deerfield at the top of the list.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank capekathybrewster
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

Had only a few days in the area, but very much enjoyed it. The hosts at Deerfield were great and our spacious room was very comfortable. We had a fireplace and sofa so we didn't need to relax in the living room (which was inviting). Our hosts let us come back after skiing on check out day to change clothes for our trip to the airport and also suggested we take a lunch from a local shop instead of hitting fast food on the way to the airport. We will definately stay here if we come back to Mount Snow! The cost was a bit more than we usually spend but it seemed very competitve in the area and was worth it.

Room Tip: The hosts suggested that we take the room with a fireplace and we very much enjoyed it.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anita S
Tolland, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

My husband and I were guests for 2 nights and it was truly delightful in all areas.
Immaculate lodging, warm and welcoming hosts, scrumptious breakfast and picnic lunch.
Gift certificate to the restaurant and a gift of Vermont maple syrup to take home were an additional bonus.
We have every intention of returning and reconnecting with Rosemary and Doreen who made us feel so special.

Pat and Dave Fraser
Tolland Ct

T

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pat F
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

We got an email advertising another Bed and Breakfast Special from Living Social. Since my husband and I never went to Vermont, but were thinking about taking a trip, this was very timely. When I called to make reservations it was booked, but the owner directed me to Deerfield Valley Inn. I checked out the reviews on Trip Advisor and most of them were vey favorable, so we took a chance. The Inn was very clean, very homey and we felt very comfortable. The package included a two night stay, breakfast, a picnic lunch and gift certificates for discounts on canoe rentals and a 25.00 gift certificate for the neighboring restaurant, 1846 Tavern. The restaurant was the biggest disappointment of the whole trip. Even though there were only two other people in the restaurant the waitress took her time getting to us. My husband ordered the lobster, I ordered the crab cakes and neither was very good. Also, we noticed that when another family came in they were given a breas basket, but we were not. When I asked for a refill of my iced tea I wascharged an additional 2.00 which I felt was very unfair since it was not advertised that refills were additional charges. The next night we chose to eat at a restaurant in town, called the Anchor and the food was amazing!! If you go, order the Parmesan Tilapia.
During this trip we also pciked blueberries and raspberries, and we were surprised that a pint cost 3.00 whereas we could have gotten them much cheaper elsewhere. If you are going to buy Maple Syrup stay clear of the stores in town and get them at the side stand on the road. We found the same syrup for 2.00 cheaper.

We are not skier's so we probably will not go back there again. Also, the Inn is not really walking distance from anything, and the roads are nery narrow and winding, so you don't feel comfortable walking on them. You need to basically drive whereever you go. Even the discount for the canoe rental, though good, it is up to you to find a place to put the canoe. The closest we found was several miles away.

If you find yourself in this area. I would highly recommend the Deerfield Valley Inn.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple