“Fantastic room, charming atmosphere”
Review of Two Tannery Road

Two Tannery Road
Ranked #7 of 29 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Restaurant at Two Tannery Road. Enjoy a fine country dining experience with continental cuisine in a charming 17th century Roosevelt home. Relax at our antique bar which is from the original Waldorf-Astoria. We offer unique recipes for fresh fish,steak, veal, chicken and our signature duck. For over 30 years we have been hosting Mount Snow visitors with delightful cuisine. Come join us for dinner!
Warwick, New York, USA
“Fantastic room, charming atmosphere”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My husband and I ate here while staying in Dover, VT for his birthday weekend. I reserved dinner at this restaurant for his birthday dinner. The prices are well above average but if you are looking for a fancy place to splurge and eat well, look no further. Two Tannery Road has excellent service, quality food and a wonderful atmosphere. We sat at a table near the fireplace which was very romantic and perfect for my husband's birthday. I had a chicken dish while he chose salmon and both were exquisite. You truly do pay for quality and if you're in the area or passing by, you don't want to miss this one!

• Visited December 2012

“Great duck”
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We have been going for years. The duck is FABULOUS. don't miss it. Everyone also raves about the nutty Vermonter. For the ambience,food quality, and excellent service this place is one of our favorites in the Deerfield Valley.

Ringwood, New Jersey
“Try the Duck! Its amazing!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We went to dinner to celebrate my husband's birthday. It's an old building that was originally owned by Teddy Roosevelt's family. Not sure the entire story, but its on the back of the menu - and very interesting. Great atmosphere. Great local food. My husband ordered pork. I got the duck and while I liked both, in my opinion ... get the duck!!! Crispy, succulent, amazing! This restaurant is not cheap. But we were celebrating, and in our opinion, it was worth the money. Wait staff was attentive when we were there - first weekend in December 2012. We did bring our children (9 years and 10 years old). They are great eaters and will eat anything - but they were the only kids in the restaurant. (We didn't even see any teenagers.) If your kids can't sit in a nice restaurant for an extended period of time and need to have a kids menu -- this is NOTthe place for you and your family.

Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Too pricey and a big miss on their signature dish”
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant comes highly recommended by local innkeepers. And the service is excellent. But we found the prices bordering on ridiculous. And I was deeply disappointed by the signature Long Island duck dish that is this restaurant's claim to fame. The duck was tough, hard to cut off the bone, and we had been told that it was largely deboned. It was not. The salad that accompanied the main course was meager in size and served with a dressing so dense it looked like pudding. My husband's rainbow trout was much better, truly delicious. Wines by the glass were sparse and unappealing. The atmosphere in the two main dining rooms is lovely, but the side room in which we ate was so tight that we could hear the conversations at every table. Though the owner was at Two Tannery the night we ate there, I found him to be sarcastic when I politely asked (ahead of time, I might add) to move the time of our reservation back 30 minutes. This place has an attitude that is too big for its breeches. Go up the road to Deer Hill Farm for the best meal in the area.

2 Thank EmilyMartha
New York City, New York
“One of the best restaurants in southern Vermont.”
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Dined here this past Saturday and was busy not packed but busy for mid summer. Must start by saying it was very clean. Had a mixed crowd from young couples to mid age (me) to families and a mix of locals and tourists. Service was very good Wife had the swordfish loved it and I jad the Vermont chicken loved it. Each entree came with very nice salad so we didn't have appetizers. Bill was 98 for two glasses of wine two salads two entrees two coffees and one desert. Added $20 tip Thought it was a good value. Give this place a try you will not be disappointed.

Been to Two Tannery Road? Share your experiences!