“A Comedy of Errors”

Nonna's Restaurant at the Inn At Sawmill Farm
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Join us at Nonna's - The ONLY Italian restaurant in the Valley- for great Italian cuisine in a casually elegant and friendly atmosphere. Enjoy Executive Chef Jeff Collins' masterful northern and southern Italian classics along with fresh seafood brought in daily.
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Having gone to this restaurant without disappointment for years, I felt it my duty to make people aware of the sad deterioration of the inn's restaurant. Although the food was EXCELLENT, the service was horrendous. Even with a reservation, we waited 45 minutes, only to be seated in an empty dining room! To top this off, our table was too large for our party, and laden with a dead spider and other specks of unidentifiable black specks. Our waitress, though nice, looked disheveled, addressed us as " you guys," and was constantly sniffing and wiping her nose with her hand, which was then wiped on her apron. When drinks were ordered, the waitress said she thought someone could walk her through it, leading me to believe that the bartender was nowhere to be found! The same can be said for when we left; no one was there, either at the entrance to Nonna's, or to the inn itself, to ask if we had a nice meal and wish us well. It saddens me to say that an inn that was once so fine an establishment, is no more.

Sawmill_Nonnas, Manager at Nonna's Restaurant at the Inn At Sawmill Farm, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

I am sorry and disappointed in the service that you have received. We have expanded our dining services here which has opened a few positions that we staffed, but unfortunately we have not trained them to the expectations that we hold. Thank you for your review and we will certainly speak and retrain our new staff. I am sorry that our Maitre d and front desk agent was not available for you to speak with.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I read the reviews on trip advisor and saw enough positive to try Nona but was also apprehensive from some of the other comments. It's a country inn - a little tired but many are much worse in the area but generally nice atmosphere. Service was prompt. The food was average. I had the risotto with asparagus and pancetta. It had two small stalks of asparagus and on small piece of pancetta on the side. I was in the mood for comfort food so I went with the ravioli which turned out to be bland and very olive garden like. My wife had a Caesar salad which was very good and she had the rigatoni with duck sausage and brocolini which said also had little flavor and was sparse with the duck. It appeared as if the chef was reading off a menu card almost like a catering hall and lacked any flare. Overall nothing was bad, but they also gave us no compelling reason to return. In terms of price it's cheap compared to NY or Boston but expensive in my mind since it was average at best.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

We tried both the rabbit parpadelle and the braised short ribs. Both were outstanding as were the wine and the service. The flavors were not only pleasing but innovative. Very unexpected.

Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

My husband & i have tried this restaurant twice, the atmosphere is great , food awesome, good menu, service was excellent on both visits ...definitely one of the best restaurants in mt snow area.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

service, atmosphere fantastic,as above wonderful food.

Sawmill_Nonnas, Manager at Nonna's Restaurant at the Inn At Sawmill Farm, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Thank you very much for your review and compliments.