“Great service”

Lodge at Mount Snow
Reviewed January 24, 2008

Our ski club had their annual instruction week-end at Mt. Snow and booked 80+ of us into The Lodge at Mount Snow.

It was a great place for a group gathering.

The service was good, the rooms clean and comfortable it was close to the bus that takes you to the mountain.

Our breakfast was very good with something for everyone - including PB&J if you wanted to grab some fruit and make a sandwich for your lunch.

Dinner was exceptional.

Yes, the walls were thin, although at the time we thought it was just our loud mouthed neighbor. Luckily they settled down by 11 pm, but I can see how if you got a partying bunch in the room next door you'd not be a happy camper.

I realized two weeks after our stay that I had left my bathing suit hanging on the line in the shower. I called, and they had it and offered to send it to me - no charge.

So - if you looking for a simple place to crash and don't have big bucks to spend I'd say this was a comfortable place to stay. Just ask for a top floor, end room to cut down on the possiblity of noisy neighbors!

Stayed: January 2008

Reviewed January 23, 2008

We booked our stay at the Lodge at Mt. Snow through Mt. Snow reservations. We are a family of four with two children ages 7 and 10. The walls are paper thin and we could hear people above us and on either side of us "sneeze"--no kidding--and sneezing isn't the only thing we heard....There was a really rough crowd at this hotel with a lot of partying and the people were up until 3am--again--paper thin walls.....The breakfast that came with the stay was uneatable--we went back to our room and ate Cliff bars. Also, the heated pool wasn't heated and was brown and the sofas in the pool and arcade lounge area were all scratched and torn and it was freezing cold. I would not willingly stay here ever again. In fact, when a room at the Grand Summit resort became available, we paid alot of extra $$$ but it was worth it for a good night's rest. Did I mention the mattresses here at the Lodge were one of the worst we've ever stayed on.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank rugfamilytravels
Reviewed January 1, 2008

This is a friendly lodge with a helpful staff, clean rooms, nice breakfast, good price, and conveniently located right off the access road. The rooms are clean and slightly larger than the average ski lodge. The breakfast serves fruit, bagels, and hot pancakes, eggs and meat. The staff is very helpful. It rained one day and my friend and I decided to go to the spa. The front desk called and reserved the appointment for us. After we tried to dry out from the rain, we burnt out the hair dryer and they were quick to replace it with a new one for us. (Large dryers for a fee were also available.) After skiing they have a lounge with games and pool table for the kids and bar and appetizers for adults. To finish off the fun, they have an indoor and outdoor hot tub and indoor swimming pool. Overall, it is a nice place to stay and ski with the family.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank razzzz
Reviewed April 1, 2007

On the outside, this place doesn't look like much. When my friends and I rolled up for a late night check-in, I was skeptical. However, the room inside was surprisingly clean and comfortable, the bedding looked new, and we did have a decent view of the mountain.

Pros: clean & basic accommodations...management was willing to leave a key for us for late check-in...extra towels were easily accessible at the front desk...hot tub...in-room fridge...friendly staff...decent breakfast (potatoes, pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, cereal, bagels, toast, danish)...on-site bar...short drive to the mountain

Con: only one but a big one: this is the noisiest hotel I've ever stayed in. I'm not a light sleeper but I was awakened numerous times by other guests. You can literally hear word-for-word what is going on in the rooms around you. At least I found out from the guy next door what the temperature would be that day. It saved me from having to check the weather channel.

Though I'd stay here again, it wouldn't be my first pick because it just wasn't possible to get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank SommerWind
Reviewed February 7, 2007

I asked my wife when we left if she would stay there again and she said probably not. I felt the same way. The room was clean and functional. The view of the mountain was great. The location was fine (a short ride to the base). We stayed in one room with our 3 children ages 10 and under. The room was clean and the staff friendly. The food served at the restaurant was good and the free breakfast served our needs. My biggest complaint would be the noise from the room above us. We could hear the walking, jumping of kids on the bed etc from the room above us. Fortunately the noise stopped around 10 p.m. The pool was in a greenhouse-like structure, accessible by going outside first (pretty cold when its 7 degrees outside!). There is an exercise room and whirlpool in the hotel itself. The price is a little high for what we received, but to be expected with all the NYC area residents staying there. I would recommend it only if the properties on Mt Snow itself are not available.

Stayed: February 2007
Reviewed January 18, 2007

We tried to back out of this weekend trip 7 days in advance when we realized that the weather would not be optimal for skiing. They have an 8-day refund policy so we braved the rain and went anyway.

The lodge in general looks in need of a major update. The exterior of the building looks rather old and dingy with a steep dirt driveway and dirt parking spots. Dirt + Water = Mud.

The inside was nicer. Still old-looking, but clean. Our rooms were nothing special, but clean. We spent a small fortune on what we thought was a two bedroom suite. It ended up being two regular rooms with an adjoining door. No king bed as ordered... two double beds per room and a small tv & fridge.

We were on the first floor and our upstairs neighbors were up at all hours walking back and forth. We know this because the floor creaked at high volumes. I was woken up at 3am several times from this unexpected joy. We complained but the manager said there was nothing they could do.

"Base of the mountain" means what it means. You can see the slopes, but it's a LONG walk to get to them. The only on-mountain hotel is the Grand Summit.

Overall we thought this lodge was way overpriced. We would have had a better time if there was actually some snow, but our stay at The Lodge at Mount Snow wasn't any help.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank ktrane331
A TripAdvisor Member
Westport, CT
Reviewed May 17, 2006

I wanted to treat my kids to a late season ski vacation at Mount Snow ski resort. We found the Lodge at Mount Snow online and decided this was the place for us. The accommodations were clean, comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. This is by far the best place for families at Mount Snow and I highly recommend a stay at this great lodging property.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Snow Lake Lodge
#7 of 12 in Dover
Big Bears Lodge
Big Bears Lodge
#2 of 9 in Dover

Been to Lodge at Mount Snow? Share your experiences!