“Expected more. Got plenty of...not quite nothing, but large plates of middling.”
Review of West Dover Joe's

West Dover Joe's
Ranked #10 of 30 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went here to cap our return to spring in Vermont. Though the dining room was near empty, we two 70 year old gents were seated on high stools at a bar table in a noisy bar. Once moved to the dining room, we ordered: my partner something called pot roast, me, meat loaf. The pot roast was tough and hardly pot roasted. Served with bland veggies and potatoes and a juice, none of which came from the pot roast. All in all, not what was advertised and not much good. The meat loaf was meat alright, but very dense and tough--hard to achieve in a meat loaf. My mashed potatoes were excellent. The same bland veggies. We both had green salads on the side. They were just fine--the best thing about this sadly mediocre meal. The service was iffy, friendly (except for the seating person), cheerful, but not very attentive--long absences from the room. Portions were as ever huge, but big isn't so good if it isn't something you can eat. We left a lot. Maybe Joe's was just getting its spring re opening together, but we left disappointed in this place, once one of our go to West Dover eateries.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We didn't actually eat inside the restaurant, but they catered for the staff and crew we were a part of while in Dover! Awesome food !

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended from the hotel we were staying at.
The waitress was very friendly and welcoming. We heard the portions were big abs since we had no refrigerator to store the leftovers, we all split the meals. (There were four of us)
The food was a good size portions, but it lacked seasonings. It was not bad at all, just needed to be seasoned a bit more. I did feel the price was a bit high because we had four salads, two meals, and four sodas and the bill was over $70.00.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Unfortunately, our meal was not the best. My mom ordered the veal which was so tough she couldn't chew it. When I told the waitress that, she offered to go and get my mom a steak knife! Not exactly the solution I was looking for. We were stayinga t Mt. Snow, and this was very close to our location, but that was about the best thing.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stopped by Joe's after skiing Mt. Snow on Thursday which happened to be "burger night". I had a huge charbroiled burger with cheese and a Long Trail Ale for twelve bucks. My wife had a fish dish which she also enjoyed. We sat at a booth and the waitress was friendly and efficient. There were several families with small children being small children, so lingering for desert was not our druthers. Overall, we headed into the snowy evening satisfied with our meals and the value for what we paid.

Been to West Dover Joe's? Share your experiences!