“Good food and service”

Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Bluffton, South Carolina, United States
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

I ate at this restaurant five times in the last week and each meal was a wonderful experience. Salads were all fresh and full of wonderful greens, nuts, dried fruit and fresh cheeses. I had several wonderful fish dinners, a chicken dinner and a steak dinner-all beautifully presented and served with wonderful vegetables. The staff was wonderful.....very interested in our satisfaction with the meal and service. The restaurant manager was very friendly and present adding to the experience. Rightfully so, he took pride in what came out of his kitchen and how we reacted to it.

• Visited June 2014

New York, NY
“Good hotel dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed at the hotel and ate here twice. The food was decent both nights. I tend to like plain food and they are a little heavy with the sauces/seasoning.
Good bar/beer selection.

Visited February 2014
Gardiner, NY
“Good breakfast, terrible dinner.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

We have always enjoyed a great breakfast at Harriman's so we thought we would give dinner a try. The bread and salad were excellent but the entrees were very disappointing. The fish was dry, the pasta and rice were bland and sticky, and some of the vegetables were undercooked. They are convenient if you are staying at the hotel but the quality does not match the price.

• Visited February 2014
Brooklyn, New York
“Tasty servings of local foods served in casual atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was our first time eating at Harriman's despite dining around the area for many years. The atmosphere was in keeping with a ski lodge -- casual and comfortable but it did not live up to the food and service, both of which were excellent and upscale. Harriman's serves kid friendly foods and standard apres ski menu, but their main menu excels. The concept is farm to table and it works well in southern Vermont. We enjoyed drinks from their very imaginative signature menu -- my husband's Double Pork (whisky and bacon) was wonderful. Appetizers are worthy of a full meal. We had proscuitto wrapped scallops with a very subtle and tasty green salsa and a corn puree. The main course was a perfectly prepared duck -- one even those who don't like duck will enjoy -- with a potato-parsnip side that I really enjoyed. My "I don't eat anything green" tablemate even ate all his brussell sprouts and most of his salad. Local singers entertained from the bar area. It was a delightful and not overwhelming background to our conversation. My biggest complaint is the lack of ambiance to match the rest of the meal. I suggest an earlier seating for those with children or in a large group. A later reservation is wiser for those planning to enjoy food and company in the upscale envoironment they deserve. I would add an extra half-star if it was available!

• Visited February 2014
ny
“Good quality food for ski resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

We had two dinners and breakfasts. Both were very good quality and plentiful portions of food. One of the better restaurants at a local ski resort I have eaten in. My husband had fish which was very good, and desserts were good too. It was all very fresh.

Visited January 2014

Been to Harriman’s Restaurant? Share your experiences!