“elegant room and elegant cuisine”
Review of The Hermitage Inn

The Hermitage Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hermitage Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 29 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hermitage Road
Description: Our menus are prepared with locally sourced products whenever possible. We use only the finest, select ingredients to present the best flavor for our diners. Guests can choose to be seated in the Tavern area, main dining room, or outdoor-weather permitting. For private parties, enjoy a large private space or the intimate wine cellar.
atkinson, NH
“elegant room and elegant cuisine”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This inn was lovely and the dining room was very elegant with sparkling white linens and china. the service was excellent, friendly, helpful, someone was always around to help, and not in an annoying way. The food was fantastic!! I had the lobster and it was delicious, my husband who doesn't normally like pork got the pork chop and he said it was delicious and unusual in that it was smoked and huge!!
a truly delicious dessert is their banana foster whopie pie with icecream and the cheesecake was also delicous although I would have preferred fresh fruit on it and not the stewed strawberries but it was very very good regardless. Although a bit pricey it was worth it.
Well Done Hermitage!!

Visited July 2012

Gatineau, Canada
“A Wonderful Experience at the Hermitage Inn”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My spouse and I decided to take advantage of a Groupon deal for the Hermitage Inn. We were pleasantly surprised. The service was exceptional. The staff are lovely and attentive. The room was big and comfortable. Their amenities are open late so we were able to make great use of the gym and the hot tub. The chef was more than willing to accomodate my vegan diet. The food was delicious. A special thanks to Rebecca and Jeff for making our experience so special. We would love to return in the future.

• Visited July 2012
Wilmington, Vermont
“Chef Paul rocks”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

First, a little disclosure. I own a restaurant in the area. Second, praise. I have been going to the Hermitage restaurant since we moved here from NYC, three years ago and I can tell you that Chef Paul is really hitting his stride. His dishes are so delicious and beautiful. He has a gift of taking simple ingredients and making them explode with flavor.

The grounds are so beautiful too. We had amazing cocktails outside in the grass before dinner as the sun set. Inside we sat in the pub in leather captains chairs and we could've been in SoHo.

For those of you who don't know, Paul was the Executive Sous Chef at Jean Georges in NYC for many years before moving to the valley, so I guess it shouldn't be any great surprise how good his food is but every time I go it seems just a bit better and more delectable.

My suggestion of "must haves": (1) Brussels Sprouts with miso mustard appetizer. Don't think about it, just order it and I strongly suggest not sharing. (2) Rabbit sausage flatbread pizza. This comes from the best rabbitry in America and right down the mountain. So GOOD!

• Visited June 2012
Western NJ
“Great chef and staff”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The food and service were fantastic. Had a fried poached egg over spinach!! Gourmet choices - you won't be disappointed. Only thing - menu a bit pricey...

Visited June 2012
Brooklyn, New York
“overly priced and pretentious to the max!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

let's try to break it down:
Overly price and pretentious.
Horrible service: the waitress didn't even ask me why my I barely touched my wine. Then I went to try my husband's wine and was equally disappointed. When he order a beer, he said was horrible as well.
Beverage director? I don't even think they have one and if they do, please send that person to a quick wine course because their wine list was pure shame! (Alamos Malbec? extremely cheap and disappointed!)
My only lonely star goes to the only person who deserves anything at that place, and that goes to the chef. Chef, do yourself a huge favor and go work somewhere else!

Visited May 2012