“My family and I have enjoyed the meals there time and time again.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Last Chair Bar & Grill

The Last Chair Bar & Grill
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Canaan, Connecticut
“My family and I have enjoyed the meals there time and time again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

I cant say enough on how good the raw bar is, the shrimp and oysters are awesome!!! Very Very fresh, like right out of the ocean!!!! Over the winter I would have the Ribeye or chicken, both are awesome, last week i had the boiled lobster, also awesome. My wife would get the shrimp casino over the winter and now is loving the lobster roll. My kids think the cheese burgers are the best ever!!!! As far as servers we never had a bad one but some staff is definitely more friendly than others. I have taken friends and family here too and everyone has always loved it. I would have to guess that we have been here 15 times give or take and we have never had a bad meal, not even close to one!!!! This place is a keeper!!!!

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank BillyCfromCT

Long Island NY
“Sit your dirriere in another chair!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

Well a change of seasons seems to have done little to smooth out the rather large missteps that continue to plague this establishment. And with enough restaurant experience under my belt, this was certainly no off night for our friends on Rt 100 but rather a clear disconnect with the fundamentals of restauranteuring. Clueless waitstaff, discombobulated runners and a kitchen staff who overcooked my spouses meal and undercooked mine were far more unpleasant than the black flies and mosquitoes who dined on us. I won't bore you with the details...... Perhaps Chef Ramsey could take a detour to this Nightmare and explain the basics to absent owners and lifeless staff. Many of us have fond memories of the old Deacon's Den.............yet no matter how strong the nostalgia don't let it sway you into the parking lot. The last chair simply can't come fast enough!

• Visited May 2011
8 Thank heart&sole
NYC
“We Never Got In”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

So, we arrived to a parking lot filled with Suburbans to find the restaurant chock filled with hungry people who were waiting to be seated. We were told 45 minutes by a hostess who never paid attention to us again. We played two games in the arcade and went back to check with the hostess who said " im sorry... people on the deck are last in line. " we thankfully left.... 2.5 hrs later... never again"

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank ChunkyLee
Easton, Connecticut
“Hostess from Hell”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

The hostess here was literally from hell. When we arrived and she said an hour wait with an attitude try an fight me, I asked how the tables turned over just to get an idea -if people once seated stayed for 3 hours drinking, kids in arcade etc and to get a feel if it truly would be an hour or 3 she made a smug face and pointed to a sign with a disclaimer of how they are not able to judge or responsible on wait times. Should have read that attitude and sign and left. But the place looked great and the food looked good on a Saturday an hour wait is reasonable. Needless to say we put our names in and waited 3 hours. Maybe the job of the Hostess is to be a *itch and make people wait so they can play in the arcade and go to the bar. But I think she could kill this business, when we were waiting, just before we were seated, she turned large numbers of people away with telling them it would be at least 2 hour wait and it was 8:30 and by 9 there were empty tables in the restaurant. So my review, people watching entertainment 5 stars, Hostess -5 stars, food 4 stars, waitstaff 5 stars the arcade looked fun and the bar was pleasant. PS Should have takeout menu after 3 because the food is good and was served remarkable fast. so obviously the kitchen can handle more than it is given. And a simple yes, we let family hang for as long as they want at the tables while their kids play in the arcade so at this hour the wait time will be at least 2 hours if not 3 and when the groups of people came in at 8:30 the wait will be an hour or do you think she wanted to go home early? I would recommend if you have the right timing.

• Visited March 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank jellyfish013
armonk
“GREAT PLACE IN MOUNT SNOW!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2011

We loved last chair. The food is great, its an amazing place to take the kids as they have a huge game room. Way better than your average pub or apres ski type of place but very relaxed. Service is great. Even though there could be a long wait at times, the hostess, servers and bartenders are all really nice. Go for the steaks, pizza and wings....you wont be dissapointed!

• Visited February 2011