“Great Sandwiches!”

Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Description: It is a new bar/restaurant located in the Mount Snow area.
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We had 6 out of 6 "thumbs-up's" and clean plates (and beer glasses) after visiting the Saloon on a hot day, for lunch and a few frosty beverages. Our server recommended some items, both the shoestring fries and sweet potato fries were good as sides. The 'psycho chicken' was well-received (this one wasn't dry like a prior review), Philly cheese steak subs and burgers didn't disappoint the group, either. It's not a fancy gourmet burger joint, but it's certainly not Subway by a long shot. Real meat compared to processed by-product pressed, pre-measured slices of 'whatever' just can't compare. The Saloon's a place to meet friends, hang out and have a few beers and enjoy the good food and company. That's a modern day saloon, at least the locally-run Vermonter's take on it...and I think they got it right. The staff was nothing but friendly, they didn't hover and checked in when needed.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

A local chef recommended The Valley View Saloon for lunch so we arrived with high expectations--apparently too high. He recommended a house special chicken sandwich--krazy somethingorother. House specials are often the best so I ordered it. Instead it tasted institutional--the chicken was dry and the sauce tasted like it came straight from a jar.

I have trouble reconciling my experience with the positive reviews here, but that's how it was. Maybe in the summer there is a different chef who has no interest in his food. I can understand the appeal as a bar, but as a lunch stop it was lacking.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

First I'm shocked to hear the negative review below with the guy who ordered the salads and didnt like the atmosphere..I love the atmosphere at Saloon! very warm feel to it..people are very friendly...good vibe..thats a head scratcher??
Also I'm 46 and bartended for 20 years and consider myself a pub guy..
the place has a good atmosphere..period!
onto the food..when we've been there (6 or 7 times) my family gets the sanwiches and burgers there..best! they make their own bread right there and that chicken and cheese club is absolutely fantastic!' and big..fries are great so are the sweet potato fries..
And yes the beer is great too..they have a nice selection..overall I would say this is the local place to go to when in the Wilmington area..love it!
I cant speak about the salads..in my opinion salads are hit or miss wherever you go but I wouldnt consider Saloon a salad place..more pub food sandwiches and burgers kind of place..stick to those and you'll love this place!

Reviewed April 1, 2012

While in Vermont for business we hit the Saloon for a quick lunch. I had a cheese burger and my gf had the fried chicken sandwich. Asked for the burger medium rare and it was cooked perfect. The chicken sandwich was huge! Both sandwiches came with french fries that were very tasty. They had a very large selection of beers including PBR on tap! Nice TV's to catch the games and different specials on each day. All in all it was the best meal we ate on this short work trip. We head to the area at least once a year and we will hit this place on each visit.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Great pub atmosphere, excellent sandwiches. Bartenders are very friendly. Like to watch Tv, they have plenty.

Been to Valley View Saloon? Share your experiences!