“Hidden gem”

Ranked #8 of 12 Dover B&B and Inns
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed August 22, 2007

It was my first experience staying at a bed and breakfast, and now I am hooked. I had enough points for a free night in a hotel in Brattleboro as I drove through New England, but I decided to explore a little more of Vermont. Since the state is well-known for its many B&B's I decided this would be the route, and I spent hours searching through reviews and visiting websites before settling on the Cooper Hill Inn.

From my first contact with Lee on the phone to make the reservation, I knew I had landed on a place that was going to treat me well. I arrived early in the week to find signs of a weekend wedding. I now understand why this is such a popular place to get married. The views are unrivaled and perfect to beautiful outdoor wedding photos.

As it turns out, I was the only guest that evening, and Charles and Lee were very accommodating hosts. They even invited me out on the lawn at night to watch the Leonid meteor shower. I slept like a baby with the window open in a room with a king-sized bed with a view towards the east. I am not a morning person, but daybreak was so enticing that I went out for a morning stroll. I came back just as they were heading out to pick blueberries for breakfast! Needless to say, breakfast was scrumptious.

I can't wait to return next year with my husband, but I will try to make it during foliage season. I highly recommend going out of your way to find this B&B.

• Liked — Spectacular views and friendly hosts.
  • Disliked — Spotty internet and cell phone signals, but great excuse to unplug!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
new york
Reviewed February 26, 2007

We spent a fantastic Presidents weekend at the Cooper Hill Inn. Charles & Lee were superb hosts, providing driving directions when we lost our way in the Vermont backroads during a storm, waiting up for us to arrive close to midnight, recommending activities and restaurants and sitting by the fire to chat.
Paid very decent rates for a King deluxe room - good sized room with a balcony facing the spectacular views, king sized bed, in room fire place and jacuzzi in the big bathroom. The inn had two common lounge areas for guests to relax in, including a big TV, Wii game system and books. Breakfast was plentiful & delicious, especially the blueberry pancakes, and in the afternoon tea, coffee, snacks and wine were put out for us to enjoy.
There are acres of woodland on the property for snowshoeing, and It's located about a 10 minute drive from Mt Snow for skiing etc.
Overall we were extremely happy with our stay at the Cooper Hill Inn, and if you're looking for a relaxed, welcoming, warm and comfortable place to stay I'd highly recommend it.

• Liked — Hosts, breakfast, good value, great room, spectacular views
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Yorktown Heights, NY
Reviewed February 26, 2007

We stayed at the Cooper Hill Inn in December of 2006. Our gracious hosts Mr. and Mrs. Wheeler were fantastic. They were both so helpful and pleasant. They went out of their way to ensure that our stay was perfect. Our room was so quiet and comfortable.
Breakfast was outstanding. The inn has terrific views of the mountain. This is my second stay at the Inn and I would not go elsewhere. We are already planning our next stay.

I highly recommend staying here.

Francesca and Richard Golas

Stayed December 2006
Boston, MA
Reviewed February 8, 2007

This review is regarding a stay during March 2005. My boyfriend and I went skiing at Mt Snow at the last minute and decided we would spend the night. We didn't have reservations ahead of time and only a booklet to help us find a place.

Most of the hotels and B&B's on the main road were filled up. I called the Cooper Hill Inn and was told they had vacancy so we drove up the long drive to see what was available.

As it turned out the owners were not there and the individual covering for them was surprised by a walk-in. As a result she wasn't really sure of the rate to give us. She gave us a fantastic rate on a room with a queen bed facing the back yard. There wasn't a TV if that's important. It had a great view of the mountains and was small but spacious enough with a private bathroom.

Our only complaint about that room was that when people walked down the hall the plates on wall jiggled and made noise. We actually removed them and put them back up prior to leaving.

It wasn't a typical B&B as the house was newer but for us it worked. We also only stayed one night and didn't use the amenities it did have.

However, I saved the best for last. The breakfast was the best we have ever had at a B&B. I'm not sure if it was because someone was covering that didn't normally but it was fantastic and we have never forgotten it. We had lots of scrambled eggs with cheese as requested, pancakes, sausage and OJ with coffee. We personally love to have a very large breakfast prior to skiing as it ensures we aren't that hungry for lunch and are able to get a good day of skiing in.

We will definitely think of the Cooper Hill Inn when we return to Mt Snow but can't help think that it might not be the same if the owners are there. :)

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — distance from mountain
  • Stayed March 2005, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Gray Ghost Inn
#4 of 12 in Dover
Kitzhof Inn
Kitzhof Inn
#9 of 12 in Dover

Been to Cooper Hill Inn? Share your experiences!