“Enjoyed our stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 13 Dover B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Enjoyed our stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

My wife, daughter and I stayed Presidents weekend at at the inn. We had a comfortable room, enjoyed relaxing in the two common rooms, delighted in delicious breakfasts. Charles and Lee are accommodating hosts who are most interesting to talk with. We had a very late arrival and they stayed up to wait for us. The inn is situated at the top of a hill affording spectacular views. Close to skiing. We recommend that you stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cambridge, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for a weekend to go skiing. The inn is located in a beautiful setting (and would have had a spectacular view if not for the snowstorms!), and there are fantastic facilities for cross-country as well as downhill skiing nearby. We had a good day at Timber Creek nearby, but the second day we went 20 minutes west to Prospect Mountain, which was AMAZING for cross-country. Charles and Lee were good hosts who clearly enjoyed getting to know their guests, and we enjoyed breakfasts and the dinner we had (wonderful soup, Asian stir fries, especially the swordfish!). Charles's wine choices are great. The only word of caution I'd give is that the facilities are pretty budget. We went on a LivingSocial voucher, and we didn't have high expectations, so we weren't disappointed, but this is not the inn to choose for a dream romantic getaway. The decor in the rooms was spartan, fixtures were a bit rusty, the bed in our room was two twin beds pushed together, there was a small but annoying early morning plumbing problem, and somehow even in the middle of a blizzard there were a couple of flies buzzing away on our ceiling. Overall, I'd say it's a great place for a skiing getaway, but not if what you're looking for is a luxurious atmosphere.

Room Tip: If I ever went again, I'd make sure to spring for one of the costlier rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Charles and Lee were very accomodating and very friendly. The building was very nice, the views great, and the breakfast delicious. We did not have dinner there, but it sounded great. I would highly recommend Cooper Hill Inn to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ken W
New England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at Cooper Hill one weekend in January. There were only two other rooms in use that weekend, so it was a small crowd.

My room, a king suite, had a gas fireplace and a whirlpool tub. Both were well used over the course of the weekend. Wifi is free and easily accessible. I attended both the cooking class and Saturday night dinner. Lee is am amazing cook, and very knowledge as well.

I would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank knobhdy
Medford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed during Jan. 2013 for two nights. Charles and Lee are both extremely nice and friendly people. We lucked out big time because there were only two other couples that stayed at the Inn. Having dinner at the Inn was a great idea for us because we made friends with these couples. Lee's Chinese food is amazing and breakfast is great too. She even provided us with Apples to Apples after dinner. We drank wine and played til wee hours in the morning next to the fireplace in the living room.

The water pressure in the bathroom was excellent. There was plenty of hot water for us. Both of us didn't like the old smell in the rooms but otherwise we had a great time. I did find it interesting though that Charles didn't fully salt the driveway. We had freezing rain the night we arrived and I had to go back and forth to my car to move things in. The driveway was literally an ice skating rink.

Otherwise we had a great time during our two night stay. Charles and Lee are great people, the rooms were great, the stay was excellent and we are looking forward to recommending people to this Inn and us coming back in the near future!

Room Tip: Ask how many couples are staying. We lucked out with the only people in one wing. I imagine if the I...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Where do I start? Lee and Charles were great hosts, the room was clean, cozy and quiet, the food was delicious and the location and views were breathtaking. We feel so lucky to have viewed the most spectacular fall leaves and spending 3 days here. If you are looking for the get away in beautiful Vermont-this is the place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Charles you magnificient amazing innkeeper, Thank you for making our stay so delightful. Let me tell all of you on the webs how amazing this place is. I don't think you can get better views. We went hiking and didn't find better views. THE VIEWS! the rooms were cozy and comfortable and that's not code for small and cramped.. that literally means they were well decorated and clean and made you feel like you were going home for bed after a long day of being in one of the most beautiful parts of the country. Yeah i mean it, the whole dang country.

It would be a shame if you didn't go here. It would be a shame if you didn't decide to visit vermont. Charles gave us great tips on where to go and what to do.

The breakfast was delectable.

Unfortunately didn't get to meet Lee, but I hear that she's great and her food is great.

Can I just quickly tell you that the garden out back is so well stocked with all sorts of fruits and vegetables that they actually use for their breakfasts!

Their maple syrup comes from their neighbor!

Yeah I think I might want to live here, but I can't it's an Inn and I'm just a student. But if you get a chance to come to Vermont then stay with Charles and Lee at the Cooper Hill Inn. It will be magical. I guarantee.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple