“Four Years and Still My Favorite Inn in the Mt. Snow Area”
Review of Snow Goose Inn

Snow Goose Inn
Ranked #5 of 12 Dover B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 28, 2008

Since 1996, I've owned and run a Vermont based luxury adventure touring company. I can't begin to count how many site inspections and stays I've had at inns and hotels all over New England, the Adirondacks and the Canadian Maritimes. I mention this because researching hotels and restaurants is a part of how I make my living.

My experience with the Snow Goose In has been exceptional and I have brought many, many guests here from various parts of the world. The Inns three great strengths are the rooms, the breakfasts and Cindy Frere.

The rooms we use at the inn have everything I like to see in a New England Inn. They're nicely but subtly decorated and most of them have their own decks with balconies, large spa tubs and true wood burning fireplaces. The latter is becoming rare in inns because of the obvious need for extra insurance as well as the extra cost of wood, maintenance, etc. That being the case, its really a pleasure to know that one can come to the Snow Goose and enjoy a true wood fire as well as a soak in the spa tub.

Some inns tend a bit too much towards doilies and an over-abundance of decoration and knick knacks. The Snow Goose isn't cluttered like that.

Many inns have gone to fixed breakfast menus or, even, continental breakfasts. Cindy's breakfast menu is fairly broad and delicious. She offers the kind of breakfasts that few us have the time or energy to make when we're home.

Finally, there is Cindy herself. I think she was born to be an innkeeper. She is gracious and friendly but also allows us plenty of privacy and time to ourselves. She also has always extended herself to our guests - helping them with special arrangements, throwing wet clothes in the drier for them on a rainy day, etc.

In a perfect world the Snow Goose would serve dinner as well as breakfast. Otherwise, it has been the perfect inn for my tours. We have the option to bring guests anywhere we want and the Snow Goose remains our first choice inn in this area.

Obviously, I highly recommend this inn.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed September 25, 2008

Without a doubt, my recent three night stay at the Snow Goose Inn was among the best of my life. The inn is quaint and lovely. The rooms are delightful. The owners are a dream. And breakfast? Breakfast is PERFECT. Also, the location is central to many Vermont attractions. Or, if you prefer, you can just relax and hang out at the Inn. There are books on every shelf, a fabulous Vermont puzzle on the third floor, and gorgeous property to stroll upon... and did I mention that wine and hors d'oeuvres are served every late afternoon? Great service, great people, great everything!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2008

We stayed for a long wknd at this lovely inn. We were not able to get in during normal check in times but that was no problem...Cyndee/Ron left the light on, the room open and the key in the room for us. From the wonderful scent when you walk through the door to the phenomenal breakfast each day we enjoyed ourselves immensely. The fireplace was ready to go, the double jacuzzi tub was a treat, our bed was comfy, the reading room was cozy. It was easy to find but just enough away from the hub bub to sit quietly on the back deck. We did not go w/any specific intentions so Cyndee's knowledge of the areas happenings was appreciated. You are addressed by your name from day one which is a nice personal touch. They are down home, real people that are so welcoming. A great variety from home baked goods, to healthy alternatives, to the house special bacon. My boyfriend still stands by his claim that Cyndee's was the best omelet he has ever had. It is an older home so you will hear the neighbors but nothing disturbing just homey. I live w/my home clean enough to be healthy but dirty enough to have fun in life so I found the surroundings adequate. Some of our OCD relatives may have taken issue w/the cleanliness. Just depends on your perspective. Other than that, I can not think of a single thing we did not like. We will recommend our friends/family and definitely make our best attempt to return as often as possible.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2008

Cyndee & Ron were fabulous Innkeepers! The atmoshere, the ambiance, the rooms, the breakfast were all perfect! The warmth of this bed and breakfast can not be beat. We found a jewel in the Mount Snow region. We loved our four days and will be going back for many years to come. If you are in the Mt. Snow area I highly recommend The Snow Goose Inn. Be prepared for a Currier & Ives retreat with hot chocolate, tea, and a puzzle/game sitting area. LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT!
Carol Krass

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2008

Have stayed at Snow Goose Inn twice. Once in winter during ski season and now in fall. The rooms are rather special and very large. Both times, had superior and friendly service. Accomodations way beyond any Inn, hosts were incredibily helpful and friendly and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed and went where we should go. Immaculate and in a great location.

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed September 6, 2008

Our stay at the Snow Goose Inn was lovely and charming. Cyndee and Ron's hospitality was wonderful and Cyndee's delicious breakfasts were something we all looked forward to in the morning.
The inn and the staff were warm and welcoming to their guests, I would go again.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed September 2, 2008

This was our fifth stay at the Snowgoose Inn. This year we booked 5 rooms as we brought 4 other couples along with us.
Everyone was amazed by the warm, cozy atmosphere and loved the delicious, homemade breakfasts. The golfing, shopping and restaurants are all perfect for a nice getaway. Next year we hope to repeat the same week with the same friends. Thank you Cyndee and Ron for making our stay wonderful.

Stayed: August 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Deerhill Inn
#3 of 12 in Dover
The Nutmeg
The Nutmeg
#2 of 10 in Wilmington

Been to Snow Goose Inn? Share your experiences!