Grand Summit Resort Hotel
Vintage Motel(Wilmington)
Old Red Mill(Wilmington)
Viking Motel(Wilmington)
View Hotel
Stratton Mountain Resort(Stratton Mountain)
View Hotel
Black Bear Lodge(Stratton Mountain)
Readsboro Inn(Readsboro)
View Hotel
All reviewsmurphy bedski checkfull kitchenthe heated outdoor poolnice resortoff seasonfarm to table restaurantone bedroom unitski schoolpull out couchsmall balconyevery other dayhot tubmountain bikingtime sharegreat mountainthe room was nice
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Great location right on the mountain. Nice hotel. Nice view of the slopes. Regular rooms are small for a family of 4. Going back this February and getting a larger room. Expensive during president's week. Great free breakfast buffet included. Pillows not comfortable. Going to bring own pillow next time. Long walk to the ski school was a drawback, but overall we enjoyed it.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank alk
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I only stayed here for one night for a wedding and was surprised to find that the ski slope practically ends in the lobby. It reminded me of a James Bond film. I wished I had known more about the hotel amenities but its website is terrible - - totally uninformative. The staff was working hard and friendly at the same time. Food was very good. The hallways were dated but was happy to find that the room was large, looked brand new, with flat screen TV and lots of channels (but no HBO, etc.). They did not inform of free Wi-fi but I found it was available. Parking was very limited but valet was included in the room rate and they performed well despite being very busy. Outdoor heated pool in middle of winter is a great treat. Roads and weather could be a factor when visiting and I'd be more comfortable traveling there in a 4WD - - it is a ski mountain after all.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank 1Train
Reviewed December 31, 2010

Good location, room was ok, but the service is poor. The staff is nice but think the poor service may be due to being understaffed and unorganized. Waited 3 hours for our room to be ready, was told 30 minutes to an hour each time I checked. When we checked out, it took over an hour for the Valet to bring our car. I also left my phone charger in my room, I have left two messages and sent an email and I haven't received a single response back.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I stayed here this time with my friend and my 20 year old daughter. The room was one of the small ones, no kitchen, just a room like an ordinary hotel room, though there are much larger and nice ones, For $150 a night for the holiday weekend a plain room with 2 queen beds was just fine.

The room was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. The sort-of strange way the beds were made resulted in us all having to unmake them and remake them for our own comfort; it was 60 degrees and we really didn't need 8 layers of covers over the sheets. In face, we didn't really need any, the room was so warm.

The highlight is the wonderful super-heated swimming pool which is outdoors. The hot water and cold air are an energizing combination, and the hot tub is actually HOT. No lifeguard, but a couple of uniformed guards were roaming around reminding people not to bring alcohol to the pool area. I never noticed them on prior trips, and hope they were only there because of the Octoberfest they were having. It was enough to make me reconsider going back, the weirdness of being watched in the water by uniformed people who couldn't help you if you needed it. I also saw the same guards trying to convince a guest not to drive drunk, and succeeding by threatening to call the local PD while really getting the guy's girlfriend down there to calm him down.

The food is adequate at best, but there are lots of places to eat in the area.

I've been there on less hectic weekends, and liked it much better. The area is lovely and there's plenty to do. Their skiing and boarding in season are excellent.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank SarahGoat
mwcjbush, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2010

The Grand Summit Hotel did indeed have extra security onhand in the pool area during the Oktoberfest weekend for the safety of our guests. During high occupancy weekends and event periods, from time to time extra security is available to ensure this safety.

Reviewed October 5, 2010

First the good - I went there with my wife and her family for a wedding and the views from this hotel were very nice and the rooms were comfortable and accomodating

Now the bad - We were traveling with a newborn so to make sure we had some extra luggage and to keep everything in its place we put a privacy ticket in the door. We went down for breakfast and when we came back we noticed that the staff had ignored the privacy noticed and went in the room. Additionally our nephew had medication with him at the hotel and the staff threw out the $700 medicine. Finally, during the wedding I brought a blood sugar machine down to the ball room for the reception. The staff proceded to "clean up" the table which included removing my blood sugar machine for my type 1 diabetes. When I went to the front desk they reported that it had not been turned in and asked us to leave our information they would let us know.

Finally the ugly - After returning home we waited a little over aweek and decided to call to check in at the hotel to see if maybe it turned up. My wife spoke with a woman named Kelly, who was apparently an acting manager, and she said they had found the machine (yet never called us - not sure why we left our information) and that they needed a credit card to ship it back. My wife informed her that the staff there had removed the machine and that we shouldn't have to pay for shipping and her reply was that the hotel would go broke if they had to pay to ship everything that was left behind (sounds like a pretty bad business model if that would cause them to go broke). She also informed Kelly of the staff entering the room with a privacy notice as well as the medicine that was thrown out and her reply was, "Ok, thanks for calling". The only bright spot in the staff was a woman named Wanda from the mail room who was very understanding of the circumstances and agreed to ship without charging. Nothing like accomodating your guests by stealing their property and then charging to get it back - Thanks Kelly.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple