“Bare bones” 2 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Bare bones”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

I am not quite sure how this hotel has positive reviews. It is lacking at every level. I would consider it the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The only positive is that this hotel is ski-in/ski-out. Our bathroom was extremely small, with a single sheet of linoleum floor and a hole in the wall where the shower head was installed. The small shower rod was rusted. Paint is chipped along the baseboard. The vents were covered in dust. Our room included a balcony, but the lock on the balcony door was broken (meaning the door was always unlocked). There was also an armchair in the room set in a way that it blocked opening the balcony door. The bedding and sheets are such low quality and so rough that my husband joked that its only purpose would be to remove dry skin. Walls are paper thin that you can hear everything going on in the rooms next to you, above you, and the hallways. We were not offered any assistance in getting to our room, which was a very long walk from the single elevator bank. Finally, check-out is at 11 AM, which makes it very difficult to ski (the purpose of staying here) on the day you are checking out.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank PAG224

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Bronxville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Spent this past week at Grand Summit Resort located on Mt. Snow and we can't wait to go back.
This place was amazing. I went with my mom and my 4 year old son for a little ski adventure and R&R. One of the best things about the resort is its location. It is located on Mt. Snow so you literally walk out the doors with your ski boots on and start enjoying the slopes. They even have a complimentary ski check at the back entrance of the hotel.

The hotel itself was amazing. The rooms were immaculate and we had a full kitchen, fireplace and flat screen TVs, in addition to a breathtaking view of the slopes. It was great to enjoy my morning coffee as I watched the early birds skiers coming down the clean slopes.

The resort has an outdoor heated pool and hot tub; it was an amazing way to end a fun day of skiing. We sat in the hot tub with our hats on and I couldn't stop thinking, "Wow its winter and I an outside in a pool".

Although we had a full kitchen and dining room we went to Harriman's Restaurant. It is a farm to table restaurant and it was great. The food was fantastic and the service was even better. I recommend the sliced sirloin. They had a great selection of wine too.

All in all a great trip to recharge the batteries from the day to day grind. Upon check out I left a piece of luggage in the room and the hotel tracked me down and went above and beyond to keep it safe. The housekeeping staff should be commended.
Thanks Grand Summit...Until we meet again.

Room Tip: Request a slopeside room
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend in January. Hotel is nice and location is awesome! It was very convenient being right in the mountain. We purchase our ski passes with the room and that was great as well. Room was clean and located right on the slopes. My only complaint was the bell service/ valley service was a little in organized. Also we couldn't find water anywhere for two nights. We had to go floor to floor and finally found water in the top floor vending machine but had to pay $3 per bottle! I did call down and the front desk actually hand delivered us water and ice but ofcourse we were charged $3 per bottle on our room. For the price we payed per night I feel like they should give a bottle of water per person in the room.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank angela3512
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

My wife and 2 kids (5 & 8) spent 6 days at the Grand Summit between 12/23 & 12/29/13. We had a really good time overall and the Grand Summit was a big part of it. We really enjoyed the proximity to the slopes although the ski school is on the other side of Mount Snow... only a 7 minutes walk.The personnel in the hotel was very pleasant and always smiling... room service, ski check, Harriman restaurant, reception. It was convenient to have the lift tickets available to us right from the reception. Our room was a studio. It worked very well for us... our two boys slept on the sofa bed, which by the way is OK for little children but would not be for adults. The little kitchen area was very convenient. The studio was facing the valley; I asked to get one facing the slopes but they were so booked during that time that it was not possible; the person at the reception was very helpful and nice. The outdoor pool was great; I went there 3 times with my boys and really enjoyed. My wife enjoyed the spa in the hotel. The hotel free valet service was very convenient... so nice to have them get your car when it's cold out there.
I would go back to Mount Snow and to the Grand Summit although it still makes it for an expensive week. I forgot to mention the included buffet breakfast; it was very convenient, very tasty with some slight very variation proposed everyday... we certainly enjoyed it before our day on the slopes. Thanks to everyone at the Grand Summit! Fabien

Room Tip: Our studio was located on the 3rd floor, facing the valley and the tubing area; it was great overall...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

I love staying on the mountain for the convenience. We had a great experience on Jan. 1st through Jan. 3 2014. It snowed overnight into the next day and the skiing was great. The hotel was very accommodating re: cleaning cars off, walkways off, and general upkeep of hotel. We ate in the hotel restaurant twice and the food was very good, freshly prepared and nicely presented. THe room was a corner room with two queen/full beds and a nice bathroom with a terrace. It was a little tight for 4 people but worked fine for our purposes, no kitchen. All staff were very nice and very helpful. They check skis easily and take care of car with valet parking, everyone was great and helpful.

Room Tip: We liked a corner because there was no one on one side of us and sometimes our kids can get a little...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

We go skiing at mount snow and when we finish with the day we come right down the hill in front if the hotel

️Mini kitchen in the hotel room
Restaurant in the hotel
Sandwich shop in hotel (must try)
Game room
Outdoor *heated* pool
2 hot-tubs
Sauna
Spa
Workout room
Definitely where u want to Stay if going skiing

Stayed February 2013
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

This hotel was accommodating. We arrived early, there was free valet. I forgot my phone in the car, and was able to retrieve it immediately. The bags were put on a carriage and we changed and got on the slopes. We came back from skiing after lunch, and were give the keys to our room. There is a convenient ski storage locker outside.
Best of all, they gave us a late check-out, which made our Sunday of skiing so much more relaxing, and it was great to shower before our drive home.
I will go back to them because of the service and all of their consideration.
The hot tub is good too.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Snow Lake Lodge
#1 of 13 in Dover
Long Trail House
Long Trail House
#1 of 4 in Stratton Mountain

Been to Grand Summit Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!