“Great location, average clean room!”

Grand Summit Resort Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dover
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We stay here every Labor Day weekend for their annual brew fest! Great location, nice pool, friendly staff. My only complaint was the pull out couch/bed was broken, told the front desk and housekeeping and still no one fixed it. We stayed in a loft style room, with plenty of room. So we just took the mattress off the couch and brought it upstairs for the kids to stay with us. I still will go back, just will be a little more demanding if there is another problem!

• Stayed: August 2013
William W, Assistant General Manager at Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you encountered a problem with your pullout sofa and that it was not taken care of while you were here. We will ensure it is taken care of before the next guest arrives. Glad to hear that you were in attendance for our Brewersfest! We hope you had a great Labor Day weekend!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I wanted to check out this property as a potential option for a future ski trip with the family. Based on some of the reviews we didn't know what we would find. The front desk person asked Bill to show us some rooms.

Bill was great. Took the time to show us several different models and styles. The hotel is a split ownership model, and there are lots of different configurations.

We were very happily surprise by the property. The rooms were very clean and furnishings were more than basic.

We did not sleep in any of the beds, but were told all the Murphy beds have been updated (many of the rooms have a Murphy bed).

The lifts are right outside the door, and although it was summer we could see that would be very very nice and EASY.

Room Tip: I am not clear on how you get a particular room. As it is like a timeshare, I would guess there are...
Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
William W, Assistant General Manager at Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Thanks for the kind words regarding your tour of the property last week. It was a pleasure showing you around the resort. We truly are the place to stay in the winter, we are a ski in & out location with the closest access to the lifts, and the main base area is just a short walk away. If you are interested in a particular unit that you saw, please contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you in booking your vacation. I hope after seeing our great resort, that you will choose us to host your family ski getaway this winter. Hope to see you on the slopes. Think Snow, Bill.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We recently rode up on our motorcycles with another couple and stayed here. This would be our third time. The hotel sits at the base of Mt. Snow and is majestic in comparison to anything else in the area. Many of the smaller inns we passed along the way were looking run down as we have been coming to the area for 25 years. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Very quiet all around. The blueberry martinis were awesome. The only complaint is the hot tub. It looked a little suspicious - in all fairness, I'm critical of cleanliness. Our rate was fantastic. Will visit again for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole T

We certainly appreciate your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We hope you enjoyed touring around our great state and hope the rest of your vacation was as "majestic" as your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My family and I stayed at the hotel for a nearby family wedding. We reserved 2 rooms,( a studio and a room with 2 queen beds). Immediately upon walking into the studio we could feel the room was quite warm. Obviously the AC was not working well. We let the staff know when we left for the night and it was fixed upon our return. Our other room had a completely clogged drain which completely grosses me out but again after letting the staff know when we returned it was fixed. The staff is very nice and friendly. The beds (in our opinion) are very uncomfortable, but the rooms are clean. If you are lucky you can find a place to park, but plan on having to valet park. Valet is parking is free except for the tip. There are very few self parking spots for as large as the resort is. I prefer to have the option if I want to valet or not. The deli in the resort has quite a few different options for breakfast. Lots of coffee choices but not a lot of hot breakfast choices if you don't like eggs. Being from Florida we had to take the ski lift up to the Summit. It is beautiful up there! $12 for an adult, $7 for a child. Seems like a lot for a ride in the summer to literally just look around but it was very relaxing. Overall I would recommend the stay and would stay there again if ever in West Dover.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kelly M

Thank you for taking the time to let other travelers know about your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you experienced a couple of problems with your accomodations but was glad to hear that your issues were taken care of promptly. It's great that you got to experience taking the chairlift up to the summit. The view is spectacular on a clear day and hopefully you were able to take alot of great photos. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel on July 12. I payed cash for the hotel room, but they put a $100 charge on my debit card for authorization. I was told this would be removed within 3-4 days by calling my bank. When I called my bank last week, they told me this had to be done on your end. I called the hotel back twice last week and nothing was done about this. It's Monday now and I finally got someone in the accounting department to remove the charge. This is my checking account and because of all this I now have several overdraft fee. When were they planning on removing this fee???

Room Tip: Don't book this room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kevin L
William W, Assistant General Manager at Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

I was sorry to hear of the confusion regarding your debit card authorization. We do take a credit card authorization from every guest that checks in to the hotel. This is a security deposit, taken in case any damages or room charges are incurred during a guest stay. This authorization is immediately released by us upon your departure and depending on your banks policy, can take up to ten days for the authorization to clear from your pending transactions. This is explained by our front desk staff to every guest that checks in, is posted at the front desk, and is stated on our registration card that is signed at check in. After reaching out to you, I was glad that we were mutually able to resolve the issue. Thank you for bringing this issue up as it is important that every guest is as informed as possible. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Summit while I attended a golf program at Mt Snow. My wife is not a golfer and came along planning to use the spa and do some hiking. The check-in was fast, our room which is sort of a studio with a small kitchen area and a Murphy bed, was adequate, clean and nicely furnished. We did have some problems with th air conditioning. I guess 90 plus degree days are unusual in Vermont. My wife visited the spa on Monday to make and appointment for some services. The attendant was definitely not interested in doing her job. Anything my wife asked for was not available or at inconvenient times. The next day with a different attendant a program was quickly put together that met her needs. The restaurant is closed Monday through Wednesday but because we had the kitchen we made our own breakfasts and ate out for lunch and dinner. Overall not a bad experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Grand Summit Resort. I hope you enjoyed your golf outing at the Mount Snow Golf Course. I am sorry that you had a poor interaction with one of our spa staff on the Monday of your stay. I will pass this information on to our Spa Manager and look into providing some further guest service training with that staff member. We are always looking to improve and your comments are invaluable in helping us to attain our goals, so thank you for your honesty and we do hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting your next golf getaway.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Overall we were very pleased with our stay. The Grand Summit is primarily a ski location but we visited in the summer and there was enough to do on site and in the surrounding area to keep us busy or just allow a relaxing stay. Check=in and out were very efficient. The staff were at all times very friendly and accommodating. The grounds were well maintained although not exceptionally decorated. There are three lifts to the top adjacent to the resort. There is on site off the lobby a nice sit down restaurant called Harriman's and down the hall a deli with a good selection. They have the best in-house library I have seen in a resort. The pool and exercise area were very nice. The only ding I would give it is on the furnishings in our one bedroom suite. I would best describe them as adequate, functional, and durable but not overly aesthetic. Everything was clean and well-maintained but not really attractive or appealing to the eye. Check out my photos for many views of the entire complex.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jonnie S

Wow! you took some great pics of the hotel. Thank you so much for taking the time for putting them up on TripAdvisor for others to see. It sounds like you had a great time at the resort and out and about exploring our great community. Thank you again and we do hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Snow Lake Lodge
Kimpton Taconic Hotel
#2 of 16 in Manchester
Comfort Inn & Suites Brattleboro
The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Grand Summit Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!