Grand Summit Resort Hotel
Old Red Mill(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
Viking Motel(Wilmington)
$76
Black Bear Lodge(Stratton Mountain)
$130
$125
$113
Vintage Motel(Wilmington)
Agoda.com
All reviewsmurphy bedski checkfull kitchenthe heated outdoor poolnice resortoff seasonfarm to table restaurantone bedroom unitski schoolpull out couchsmall balconyevery other dayhot tubmountain bikingtime sharegreat mountainthe room was nice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We exchanged our timeshare to spend time traveling in Southern Vermont. We found the Grand Summit an excellent base camp. We had some great days exploring Southern Vermont. They have an excellent deli which serves breakfast and lunch and a top notch restaurant that serves dinner onSummer weekends (Harrimans) We enjoyed the outdoor pool and hot tubs. There was also a steam room and sauna. The suites are small but efficient with a queen Murphy bed(comfortable) a sofa, small kitchen and bathroom with split sinks.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
William W, Assistant General Manager at Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

We were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your trip to the "Ski Lodge in the Summer". Thank you so much for your kind words and we hope to host your next trip that you make to the Green Mountain State.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This place photographs way better than it looks in person. Grand Summit is by no means luxurious. When I first arrived I noticed the sad interior paint job, old frumpy couches and hideous check-in area. There were holes in the walls (one was haphazardly spackled at some point) and the carpet looked dingy and dirty (in their defense it was replaced during our stay, but then that made a mess that you had to walk thru for a whole day). The first room we got looked nothing like the pics and it smelled awful. We immediately asked for a different room and were informed that it would be hours before we could have a new room. Mind you, the hotel was pretty empty as far as we could tell. The woman working the front desk made apathy look ambitious and it took some arguing on my husband's part to get a new room. We finally got a new room, and it was a much nicer lofted room and most importantly it did not stink. The lofted room was spacious and nice, with a kitchenette. Again, it was nice but nothing special. If you must stay here, ask for the lofted rooms on the third floor.

We could see the heated outdoor pool from our room and were excited to check it out. All I can say is, EW. The pool and spa were dirty. Thank god children are oblivious to dirty pools. I let my child play as long as I could stomach it, but all I wanted to do was scrub myself with a wire brush after having been in the pool/hot tub. The sauna was actually ok, but not particularly warm.

The restaurant, which bills itself as "farm to table" was a hot mess and the worst part of the hotel. I don't care about the provenance of the food if it is generic and bland. The service was very spotty, the food very expensive and not particularly tasty. The breakfast buffet in the morning was spectacularly awful. It was located outside of the restaurant. Why? I have no idea. Not only was the food in the buffet terrible (the breakfast potatoes still make me shudder) but you had to come back into the restaurant balancing your plates while opening a door. Not once did I see the wait staff try to open doors for people. And no a la carte option for breakfast, so yeah. Eat at the Deli at the other side of the hotel, it was pretty decent.

The main perk of this hotel is that it is at the bottom of the mountain. So, when you're done skiing you can ski straight down to the ski valet. That part was really nice. There was never a line and the valet attendants were very nice.

This place is a time-share and I think that most people bring ten people and pile into their condos. So, don't expect a luxe feel here.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank pickytexan
William W, Assistant General Manager at Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for your honest review of your recent stay with us. We are saddened to hear that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations, and that we fell short of the mark in providing you a quality guest experience. Your comments will be brought up at our next lodging meeting and we will work diligently to correct these issues. We will work hard in order to correct the problems that you had within our resort, both guest service & facility related, and do hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had been trying to exchange into this resort with my timeshare week for quite a while. It was worth the wait. Easy to get to. Valet parking. Cars returned freshly rinsed! Easy and fast check in. Very friendly and helpful staff. We had a CLEAN two bedroom for four people with about 800 sq ft. of living space. Loft had private bathroom and plenty of closet space. VERY comfortable beds! Kitchenette was adequate for our needs.This is a ski in/out with ski valet. Fantastic mountain for skiing. Well groomed. Easter week was slow so no lift lines. Restaurants on site were very good. Loved Cousins for lunch. Hot tub apres ski was enjoyable.
Some really good restaurants in town. 1846 Tavern was excellent. Nonnas at The Sawmill also great. Sticky Fingers Bakery had the best blueberry muffins I ever tasted. Not much else to do in town. Wilmington is nearby with some stores. Manchester Outlet Mall was worth the trip probably because it was the beginning of April and there were some bargains to be had.
All in all it was a thoroughly enjoyable vacation and I would gladly return earlier in the season for more skiing!

Room Tip: ask for mountainside view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that we were "worth the wait" and that you were able to enjoy alot of what the local area has to offer. The ski conditions were stellar this spring and we are happy that you were able to take in a few last runs with us. We hope to see you again next ski season.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My room was comfortable, quiet, and clean, although by no means deluxe. I was attending an event during weekdays. An adequate dinner was served in the dining room, and sandwiches and salads could be purchased in an onsite shop for lunch. Because of its location, a car for transportation is a must.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
William W, Assistant General Manager at Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your meals & lodging accomodations and look forward to having the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Summit from 3/22/13-3/24/13. The resort hotel is beautiful. The studio we were in was perfectly clean and comfortable. The staff was excellent! They helped make things easy. We did not use all the amenities because we were really there to ski. However, if you were to stay here with non skiers it looks like between the gorgeous little areas to sit and enjoy the fire or views, the hotel amenities,area restaurants and shopping, there is something for most people! For us the skiing was fantastic- the ski check was so convenient! Just ski down toward the main base and right to the ski check. We found it convenient to come in and have lunch on Sat. when it was really crowded at the main lodge.
They even packed my car at the end of our visit so I could go off and ski with my husband. One little tip is to understand they can be very busy at check out time so plan on some time for valet help. We really enjoyed our stay here. We are very likely to return!!

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view. The studio has a little kitchen which we found very convenient!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gansettgirl
William W, Assistant General Manager at Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Happy Belated Birthday! Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time out of your day to review your recent ski vacation with us. Ski check is a really great amenity that we have and we are glad that you found it so convenient. Our staff and I really enjoyed having you and we look forward to hosting your next ski getaway.