Grand Summit Resort Hotel
Old Red Mill(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
$75
Viking Motel(Wilmington)
$82
Vintage Motel(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
$77
Agoda.com
Black Bear Lodge(Stratton Mountain)
$130
$119
$112
Motel 6 Brattleboro(Brattleboro)
$60
$125
$113
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmurphy bedski checkfull kitchenthe heated outdoor poolnice resortoff seasonfarm to table restaurantone bedroom unitski schoolpull out couchsmall balconyevery other dayhot tubmountain bikingtime sharegreat mountainthe room was nice
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Grand Summit Resort for 3 nights over the MLK Holiday. The Hotel staff was outstanding. From check-in to departure, everytime we interacted with a member of the hotel staff it was very pleasant and helpful. We had a queen room with a mountain view. The room was well appointed since it had a Kitchenette and apartment sized refrigerator. We did not plan to cook in the room, so we did not utilize the Kitchenette, other than the refrigerator. The room had plenty of space for the additional bags we needed since we had our ski gear with us. The hotel provides a ski-check which was convenient and easy to use, the only negative was that they did not accept your ski poles, so you still need to store your poles in your room. The resort being slopeside was very nice as you could ski right up to the ski check and enter the hotel within a few steps of the slopes. The hotel allows guests to wear ski boots inside which while it was convenient, it was loud when people were walking in the halls. I would reccomend the hotel supply each room with some form of rubber boot mat to place your boots on once you are in your room. As the snow on your boots melt, the carpet inside the door becomes wet. There are plent of hooks to hang your skiing gear in the entry way to your room to allow them to dry. While the bedding was comfortable, it was difficult to get a good nights rest due to the Kids running up and down the halls until midnight, as well as them "knocking on doors" as they passed by. The kids in the room above us must have been having a "Jumping" contest, because each night we would be woken up by the thumps on the floor above us. We were on the first floor in the wing which included the arcade and Spa.

The pool/spa area are nice. The outdoor hot tub and pool were a welcomed relief after a day of being on the slopes. The only frustrating part was trying to relax in the hot tub while 20 kids and teenagers were "Swimming in the Hot Tub". The resort should close the Hot tubs to adults only after 8pm. Even the security guard commented that the kids made it difficult for the guests to enjoy the Hot Tubs later at night. Overall, the pool/hot tub area was great.

The included breakfast was average. Standard buffet style breakfast, we utilized it each morning since it was included in the stay. Each day the breakfast was provided at Harrimans until 10:30am. We never had a wait for a table, even on a Holiday Weekend. Staff was pleasant and remembered us each time we came in.

The resort has NO NIGHTLIFE after 6:00pm! For those of you like us who like to come off the slopes after a day of skiing and relax before heading to dinner, you may be shocked like we were to find out all the resturants and bars located at Mt. Snow close between 6pm - 7pm. So you have to go eat as soon as the slopes close at 4:00pm, otherwise, you have to leave the resort to find a resturant, order food to be delivered, cook in your room, or partake in the food available at Harrimans, which was a little pricey. The first night we realized this, we headed into town to The Last Chair. The food was great, beer selection was great, and the location was convenient to the hotel. The 2nd two nights, we made sure to get to 1900 and Cuzzins before closing time. Cuzzins was great for a bar atmosphere with some nightlife, however, it closed at 7:00pm. So for anyone who likes to eat after 7:00pm, you need to basically leave the resort.

Overall we had a good time and would likely return in the future with our kids!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ATsherrick
Melissa B, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay over the MLK Holiday. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your ski vacation with us. The boot mat is a great idea and one that we will definitely look into. We are constantly looking at ways to improve and your comments and insight are much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again for your next ski vacation.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and well stocked ( had the kitchenette) but smelled a bit musty. We enjoyed a great massage at the spa.
Had an excellent dinner at Harrimans. Breakfast in the deli was average. Breaksfast was included in the cost of the stay. The only thing they would not include was a bottle of water. You could have coffee, juice, hot cocoa whatever but no water. That bothered me as it just seems ridiculous.
Overall, you can't beat the location for skiing and tubing. Valet service for your vehicle is very nice. They stored the skis right outside for easy pick up in the morning.
I would return and recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MassTraveler15
mwcjbush, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you for providing such positive comments. The staff here are proud of the service that they provide and I appreciate that you took a moment to recognize that. I will share your comments about the breakfast in the deli to get a better understanding of why bottled water is not included. We look forward to your next visit to Mount Snow!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I spent the weekend at Mount Snow and stayed at the Grand Summit. We have stayed here before and have a good experience every time. The staff was friendly and room was great. The only reason i didn't give it 5 stars is that the buffet breakfast was terrible. The food was cold and there wasn't much of a choice. This was disappointing. Other than that we had a great time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
mwcjbush, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to talk about your vacation. It is our goal to provide a friendly welcome throughout each guests stay and I am pleased that you recognized the staff for their efforts. I do apologize that you had issues with the buffet breakfast and will follow up with the key members of this department. I do hope despite this issue you were able to enjoy yourselves and will be able to make it back for another vacation.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My family of 2 adults and 2 children recently stayed in the hotel in mid dec. I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. Even though it lacks the opulence of the 5-star hotels, it more than makes up for it with its cleanliness, family friendly staff and amenities. I actually felt compelled to maintain the room as neat as possible. We had a room with 2 double beds which was spacious enough. The highlights were the breakfast (free with my package) and outdoor heated pools which the children couldn't get enough of. It helps that the hotel is within walking distance to the ski lifts. Without a doubt, this is the best place to stay at mount Snow.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank St Y

Thank you for taking a moment to talk about your most recent visit to the Grand Summit. The staff here prides themselves on the service that they provide, so I will be sure to share your experiences with them. I hope you had a great time skiing as well and can make it back for your next family vacation.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The hotel is in the best location possible...the base of the mountain. If you're skiing with the family at Mount Snow, there is no better location. We went this Christmas break with the kids as well as a few other families. The skiing conditions were great because while we were there, we got dumped on with almost 2 feet of new snow. The result of this snow absolutely crippled the hotel and their ability to cope. There is only one restaurant in the hotel which could not accommodate all the guests for dinner. While there is a deli in the hotel, no one thought to open that up for dinner to accommodate more of their guests. They stopped take out and room service because the kitchen was "overwhelmed." When we called to get our car out of Valet, they told us it would be over an hour to get our car. We were stuck with 4 kids under 10 and no food to take care of them. The hotel's position was, it's not our fault, it's the weather. My perspective is, if you are a snow resort hotel, shouldn't you be able to deal with this????

We spent over $400/night for this hotel so I don't think it's too much to ask that when we're checking out, to be able to get a bellman to come and assist us with our luggage. After calling down and being told it would be 45 minutes because they were very busy, an our later I decided to go in search of a luggage cart so I could help myself. Again, I couldn't find an available cart as they were all being used by other guests checking out. There was massive and utter chaos in the lobby of guests trying to arrive and others like myself trying to leave. It actually took us 2 HOURS to just leave the hotel. When I asked the manager at the front desk why this was just an issue, her response was, and I quote..."The problem is that all of our guests are arriving at the same time as guests are leaving".... REALLY???? Isn't that plan??? Why would this be different than any holiday week before it.

All I can say is, WHAT A SHAME!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room facing the mountain.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank David C
mwcjbush, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

I appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback about your holiday vacation. Our goal is to create a memorable vacation experience and observations like yours gives us the opportunity to enhance our services. We do strive to maintain an above average experience and I’m sorry that your vacation did not meet your expectations. I can understand how important the little details are when it comes to a total vacation experience. I know that we’ve learned a lot from our very busy Christmas week. We already talked about all of the ways we could improve at our weekly meeting – the valet department was on the top of the list. I think your comments point out the importance of having a plan ready to go when things go wrong, so you don’t skip a beat. We will share your comments at next week’s meeting so the rest of our management team can better understand what our guest experiences and expects. I do hope despite these issues you and your family were able to enjoy yourselves and will be able to make it back for another vacation.