“Avoid it like the plague”

Sarkis's Mediterranean Restaurant
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bath, New Hampshire
“Avoid it like the plague”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

NOT the old Warner's Gallery, which was great. New "food" is not worth the trip or price

Visited April 2012

Burlington VT
“Warner's Gallery is no more. Here is the last review.”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

For those of us who have loved that salad bar for years, and maybe decades, this will come as no surprise. Even though the new owner kept the name, for a while, it hasn't been Warner's Gallery since the former owner left. She knew her clientele, and she knew what brought people back. Perhaps for some it was the sticky buns or the Sunday brunch, perhaps for others it was the dessert bar, or the steaks, but for many of us, it was first and foremost the best salad bar in the area. Lots of variety, fresh vegetables, fresh shrimp, and you could always count on certain signature items, like carrot salad and ambrosia. Many times our family enjoyed birthday meals here, and Warner's would provide a birrhday cake, free of charge. If you needed a gift for a friend, a gift certificate to Warner's was always appreciated. Over the years, I attended many group meetings here, and remember one time we just filled the restaurant to beyond its lawful limits. Many happy occasions were spent at Warner's. Thanks to herself, for all those years. She had every right to retire and sell to the new owner. I wish him success with his specialty, but it will take him a while to get a following. Last week I saw the name has changed. It is now called Sarkis Mediterranean. It is a good thing to have a different and exotic cuisine to try. But frankly, I'm glad he's not using Warner's name anymore. Let Warners be history now. We'll remember it fondly.

Visited May 2011
3 Thank VTyankee
Seaford, Delaware
“Great Lebanese Food!”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

On our way to Canada we happened to pull off the highway to get something to eat. We saw the sign by the road that said "Lebanese Food" and our hopes for a good meal on the road were raised. When we entered, Paul, the owner greeted us and asked if we would like the buffet or Lebanese food. Not being ones for normal buffet food (although we never even looked at it) we asked for the Lebanese menu. I told Mr. Sarkis that we were adventurous eaters so asked me if I was interested in trying their Kibbe (fresh ground raw steak with grain and spices). It, along with everything we tried was EXCELLENT!
He said he would hook us up with whatever we wanted and we had the plate of stuffed grape leaves, tabbueli, and humus, along with a plate of Shish Tawouke (grilled marinated chicken).
All I can say is we are very pleased we happened on this place and if we ever are in the area again will happily eat Lebanese food at Warners! I can't speak for the American side of the menu but folks in Vermont are lucky to have such good Lebanese food in their area.

Visited August 2011
3 Thank jrohlich
Lisbon, New Hampshire
“The real thing!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

It was too hot to cook and my brother in law was visiting from Florida. So he and my adult
son and I decided to give Warner"s Authentic Lebanese menu a try. ARE WE GLAD we did!! I was never a big fan of warners under the old owner I found the quality low (like a golden carrel but with higher prices). We where willing to give the new owner a chance.
I know lebanese food having grown up between two lebanese households. This is the food that I remember from my youth!!! My brother in law and my son don't know a lot about lebanese food so we orded the mezza which gave us a sampleing of almost everything on the lebanese menu. It is agreat option for someone to try everything out and then just order you favorites next time. If I had one criticism it was with the service. we were being served by a waitstaff and the owner who was great at explaining what we were having but there was some confusion between them about who would bring us what. I'm sure that this has aready been taken care of,but even if it hasn't it really worth the trip.I'm taking my wife for kafta this weekend!!!!!!!!!

• Visited July 2011
3 Thank k g
Manchester
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I have gone here during my vacation for the last 4 years as they had an awesome salad bar and great seafood. They were known for their great seafood dishes and fantastic salad bar, however that has all changed. The new owner has seen to do away with the salad bar and most of the seafood dishes. We were going to leave but decided to order something and the food was undercooked even though requested medium well. Burned outside but practically rare inside. It was one of the worst meals I had and I will not be returning.

• Visited July 2011